Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South tipp trout fishing

Options
  • 11-04-2012 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

hi,just wondering if anybody knows of any good stretches for trout around south tipp that wouldn't be club waters ,cant really afford a club fee at the moment ,i have a few spots but they seem to be fished a good bit lately ,

thanks!!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Do I know any good flowing water stretches that are free, ie not looked after by someone, a club, or owner that maintains and protects it?
    No.
    Thanks to those who bring wild fish home with them in bags, the quality of free fishing (even if stocked) always declines quickly to match the value paid for it.
    If you know of a catch and release free stretch, where the C&R is enforced, you MAY find what you are looking for. I'd ask IFI about that. Also ask about free stretches along the Suir, but it will be tough in those places, however new fish move in from protected water above and below and restock constantly.

But meanwhile, if you want free fishing, and some trout , think lake ... the bigger the better. The plastic bag anglers take longer to empty lakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Litespeed 1

coolwings wrote: »
    Do I know any good flowing water stretches that are free, ie not looked after by someone, a club, or owner that maintains and protects it?
    No.
    Thanks to those who bring wild fish home with them in bags, the quality of free fishing (even if stocked) always declines quickly to match the value paid for it.
    If you know of a catch and release free stretch, where the C&R is enforced, you MAY find what you are looking for. I'd ask IFI about that. Also ask about free stretches along the Suir, but it will be tough in those places, however new fish move in from protected water above and below and restock constantly.

But meanwhile, if you want free fishing, and some trout , think lake ... the bigger the better. The plastic bag anglers take longer to empty lakes.
    Try within the limits of Clonmel town. Don't be put off by the urban setting, there are a few good spots especially if you get the waders out.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭carpenter23

yea i used to fish around the town a good bit ,but there seems to be alot of people fishing it lately,and as for that big wall they put on the quays it really takes away some of the old fishing spots i used to have:(

Advertisement