Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RaboDirect

Options
  • 11-04-2012 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭

Anyone with them?

I was wondering the following:

How can you put in/take out money?

Do you get IBAN/Sort codes do people can put money in your account? (e.g so someone can pay you for something on Adverts or something)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

You get an IBAN.

You can take money out online.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭hognef

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Anyone with them?

Do you get IBAN/Sort codes do people can put money in your account? (e.g so someone can pay you for something on Adverts or something)

Thanks!

Not sure about IBAN, but you do get a normal sort code and account number, so (domestic) transfers to your account are the same as with any other bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

hognef wrote: »
    Anyone with them?

Thanks!

Not sure about IBAN, but you do get a normal sort code and account number, so (domestic) transfers to your account are the same as with any other bank.

And how do I go about putting cash in my hand into the account? And how about taking it out so I have the cash in my hand?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I know this is very very obvious, but Rabodirect has such an informative website that will answer your questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

And how do I go about putting cash in my hand into the account? And how about taking it out so I have the cash in my hand?

Basically you will need a current account with a bank, you transfer money to Rabo and withdraw from them into your current account. You can then withdraw it as normal like any other funds from your current account. Its not instant but the transfers are pretty swift, 24/48 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

A sort code and an account number form part of an IBAN.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭hognef

Fungus wrote: »

A sort code and an account number form part of an IBAN.

I'm well aware of that, I've just never noticed any mention of an IBAN in relation to my Rabo account, nor have I ever had a need to look for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 drana

Very risky putting money into Rabodirect investments everyone has lost money in the last few years better off putting your money on deposit , I lost alot , beware

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

You definitely get an IBAN.

Their online system is actually very good. You can transfer money to arbitrary accounts and even schedule regular payments. They also provide a security token that you use to login and authenticate transactions (although I'm not wild about how this is implemented).

I haven't used them since their big drop in interest rate, but I had no complaints about the service. It was easier to use than my primary bank's at the time.

Advertisement