Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

09 Audi A4 Headlight

• 11-04-2012 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

I have an 09 audi with the stranded headlight dose anyone know can this be upgraded to the LED daytime running strip light

if so were would you get them, i have looked ebay only can see 06 - 08 lights

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

its possible but its expensive. Also to do the full factory job, you need to fit the headlight washer system and headlight self levelling. These are a legal requirement for xenon lights.
    I'm assuming its the led light feature you are interested in.
    Have a search of a5oc.com for people who have done the conversion on Audi a5 - same process. Guy called johnieb did it. Its not really worthwhile in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭pjwhite99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

pjwhite99 wrote: »
    From what I can see that's only the control unit, front & rear axle sensors and wiring loom - you'll still need the (original) bi-xenon or adaptive headlights, although xenon adapters (whatever they are) are included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

mickdw wrote: »
    its possible but its expensive. Also to do the full factory job, you need to fit the headlight washer system and headlight self levelling. These are a legal requirement for xenon lights.
    I'm assuming its the led light feature you are interested in.
    Have a search of a5oc.com for people who have done the conversion on Audi a5 - same process. Guy called johnieb did it. Its not really worthwhile in my opinion.
    Op wants the LED DRLS.... Where did washers and xenons come from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

MugMugs wrote: »

The DRl's come as a pack with Xenon lights which need washers etc by law. Those aftermarket kits are tacktastic anyway..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

-Corkie- wrote: »
    MugMugs wrote: »

The DRl's come as a pack with Xenon lights which need washers etc by law. Those aftermarket kits are tacktastic anyway..

My bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

The factory LEDs look like they fell out of Halfords drunk too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Anan1 wrote: »
    The factory LEDs look like they fell out of Halfords drunk too.

Definitley I think the only DRL's that look tasty are the opel ones. I see Passats going around with them now...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Definitley I think the only DRL's that look tasty are the opel ones.

good man :D

Advertisement