Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chainsaw parts

• 11-04-2012 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Can anybody tell me where I can buy a brake assembly for a Partner 510 chainsaw....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

The whole sideplate with brake and handle or just the brake band?
    These saws are pretty old now, approaching 40 years!
    It might be time to start thinking about retiring it for a new model with parts backup?
    Ebay.com may be your best bet.
    or try www.chainsawr.com

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭DI Dwyer

You're right CJ... Have already decided to go that way.... Am looking at a Pro Plus 50cc (chinese I know, but have been told they are surprisingly good value at around e200.....). I'm only an occasional user, my partner (chainsaw) lasted 12 yrs..engine is still vg

have sourced the part I need...........The side panel plastic around the clutch overheated.... I assume it's related to lubrication, but I had been adding chain oil as required.... never happened before.... is there something else I should be looking at as a possible cause?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Sounds like worn clutch shoes to me, once they start to slip they generate a lot of heat.
    Is the clutch bell blue from heat?

On closer examination, yes there is sign of heat but not overly so..... Anyway, Have taken delivery of the new Pro Plus 50cc, 20" bar & oregan chain... Cut a few logs last night... seems like a good buy for £138 and was next day delivery... Wont be using the supplied face shield though... I reckon you'd want a head like a frying pan for it to fit.....
    Against.....It's a much heavier saw than the Partner 510 and the brake handle isn't as sturdy as the Partner's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 keithnolan11

Have a partner 510 chainsaw, need the side plate that covers the stater cord,badly stuck, 0862211320 thanks

Advertisement