Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan....any chance?

Options
  • 11-04-2012 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a fair idea that this is a long shot but no harm in asking.

I'm currently doing a course that will take approx 14/18 months to complete, now I have the funds to do the course which is fairly expensive but I don't have any spending money for the course duration.

I don't have the any track record in regards to saving money so I'm just wondering is there any chance of getting of a loan from any bank or credit union. I'll need approx 10,000euro.

Cheers

MD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

If you don't have regular income I'd say you're chances are zero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

In late 2010 I was unemployed, held a BA, and had no record of savings. I was also penniless. I borrowed 12k from AIB for an MA. When I applied for the loan, I produced copies of job specs to indicate that the course I wanted to do had a good chance of helping me secure a well-paying job.

I had to find a guarantor, but AIB approved my loan within two days. Then I did the MA. Eleven months later, I signed a contract for a permanent position with a multinational IT company on the same day that I submitted my MA thesis.

If you've researched the course and are likely to have decent job prospects upon completing it, you should have no qualms about asking for a loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

If the op has suitable guarantor.

Advertisement