Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to stop Pages / Numbers opening numerous documents on launch?

• 11-04-2012 8:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Every time I open up Pages or Numbers, the programme will automatically open up a half dozen or so of my recently accessed files, spread all over my screen, blocking whatever other windows I had open. It's really annoying!

All I want to happen when I open an iWorks programme is to be presented with a blank document or something, like in Office, and then let me go to File and open the single document I want to open. Or, you know, if i have a single Pages file on my desktop and I double click that file, then chances are that's the single file I want to open, not 6 others!

Please tell me there has to be a Preference setting somewhere to change this?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

You can turn off this behaviour system-wide in System Prefs > General > Restore windows when quitting. However, afaik this will affect Safari as well, so it won't remember tabs etc. You can't turn off Resume for just one app - it's all or nothing. Personally I leave it on and close all windows before quitting the app.

I'm not sure Apple really thought this feature through very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

In terminal:
    defaults write com.apple.iWork.Pages NSQuitAlwaysKeepsWindows -bool false
    defaults write com.apple.iWork.Numbers NSQuitAlwaysKeepsWindows -bool false

And the same with true to turn it on again.

Advertisement