Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wallace Refuse Collection

• 11-04-2012 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi
    Anyone know what the story is with Wallace bin collection? I live in an estate in Tullamore and bins haven't been collected. I heard rumours that another company is taking over Wallace's business. Any truth in this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭caitmb

Yeah,they're gone. Got a note with my bin around St Patricks day saying that if anyone has tags left that Oxigen have agreed to honour them for a few wks. I contacted Oxigen and was told that as a one off they would collect wallace bins but after that customers are to make other arrangements ie sign up to them or competitors!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭NBO

caitmb wrote: »
    Yeah,they're gone. Got a note with my bin around St Patricks day saying that if anyone has tags left that Oxigen have agreed to honour them for a few wks. I contacted Oxigen and was told that as a one off they would collect wallace bins but after that customers are to make other arrangements ie sign up to them or competitors!
    Thanks for the information. It's a pity as the pay per lift was a real incentive to reduce waste. It a cheaper option too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

You can still do the pay per lift option with Oxigen, same price as Wallace, just buy an Oxigen tag now instead. €12 for general waste and €6 for recycling.

They dropped in a calendar of their collection days too, which are different to Wallace now, and also which bin they collect has changed, so we missed one general waste collection, as the recycling bin weeks overlapped as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭caitmb

Cherrycola wrote: »
    You can still do the pay per lift option with Oxigen, same price as Wallace, just buy an Oxigen tag now instead. €12 for general waste and €6 for recycling.

They dropped in a calendar of their collection days too, which are different to Wallace now, and also which bin they collect has changed, so we missed one general waste collection, as the recycling bin weeks overlapped as such.

Well thats a good one because its not an option I was offered!! I had choice of direct debit or paying quarterly or 6 monthly. My sister was told same as me but the equivalent of €2 cheaper a month than my deal.(she rang the wk after me). So if I were you I'd do some more research.
    The pay per lift option would've been my first choice but lady said it wasnt available....Ps I will be ringing them back to change to that after my 3 months are up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Ive bought the Oxigen tags in Centra, its definitely an option. Ring them back and ask.

• Advertisement
Advertisement