Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pan Celtic festival opens in Carlow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Memory Of 98

I was thrilled upon hearing that the Pan Celtic festival was coming to Carlow and had been looking forward to the opening immensely. The chance for Carlow to hold the event is a blessing and will do great things not only at the given moment but for months and even years to come.

But the attitudes of our own mouth breathers is spoiling the entire event. Tuesday, while down town I saw the delegation that I believe to be from Brittany, due to their dress, some women in black clothing with large pointed hats and a men in remarkable black suits and white shirts, walking around the town generally looking confused and talking among themselves. Some people passed with a slight nod of the head or kind word, but some of our knuckle dragger`s had the idea to very loudly express how they believed our Foreign friends were dressed, well in their minds wrong seemingly. The same again today, a lot of the younger variety generally confused, yet they did not seek to learn but just make shows of themselves and our county in front of our foreign friends.

It is very saddening that a percentage of our population have no understanding of our Celtic history and roots. Yet the larger percentage of our population seem to be greatly enjoying the event and treating our friends to the almost forgotten art of fine Irish hospitality and I must applaud them, we cannot let the bad ones ruin everything.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Great to hear Raidio na Gaeltachta broadcasting from Carlow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭muggyog

I was thrilled upon hearing that the Pan Celtic festival was coming to Carlow and had been looking forward to the opening immensely. The chance for Carlow to hold the event is a blessing and will do great things not only at the given moment but for months and even years to come.

But the attitudes of our own mouth breathers is spoiling the entire event. Tuesday, while down town I saw the delegation that I believe to be from Brittany, due to their dress, some women in black clothing with large pointed hats and a men in remarkable black suits and white shirts, walking around the town generally looking confused and talking among themselves. Some people passed with a slight nod of the head or kind word, but some of our knuckle dragger`s had the idea to very loudly express how they believed our Foreign friends were dressed, well in their minds wrong seemingly. The same again today, a lot of the younger variety generally confused, yet they did not seek to learn but just make shows of themselves and our county in front of our foreign friends.

It is very saddening that a percentage of our population have no understanding of our Celtic history and roots. Yet the larger percentage of our population seem to be greatly enjoying the event and treating our friends to the almost forgotten art of fine Irish hospitality and I must applaud them, we cannot let the bad ones ruin everything.

I believe the word you are looking for is 'ignorant'.

Advertisement