Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacing Plastic Pipe on Slurry tank pump

• 11-04-2012 8:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭

We have an abbey slurry tank which is leaking oil from the pump. There is a plastic pipe on the back of the pump which is leaking oil. I am just wondering is there anywhere that sells spares for these pumps? Would any plastic pipe of the same size do? Does anyone know where I could find a manual for an abbey slurry tank? Not sure what the model number is.....

EDIT: found spare parts manuals on the abbey tank website, so going out now to get the pump model from the slurrry tank...although none of the pumps seem to resemble ours, it's fairly old!

The only letting we could fins on the pump was BP 79 on one side and SE on the other, neither of which seem to be a pump model....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭stop thelights

Just take the pipe thats leaking off and take it to a garage that does hydraulic fittings and they should sort you out:D

If its leaking at either end is there anyway you could just cut off the section thats leaking and put back on the orginal pipe. Obvisously if there isnt enough lenght you cant do that;) motor factors are another spot you could try guessing its the small diameter clear pipe thats oiling the vains

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Doesn't look like the easiest pipe to remove, it's encapsulated in metal for most of it and just shows a bit at the front to show the oil level i'm guessing. you woudln't happen to know anything that I could just put into the creavise in the pipe and see would it hold it? coudln't find a manual anywhere on the pump, so i'd say i'd have to bring the whole thing to somebody who knows more about it than me to replace the pipe! thanks for the ideas!

Advertisement