Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crossing from Canada into USA (Day Trip)

Options
  • 11-04-2012 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi

I am going to Canada for 2 weeks in June and hoping to take a day trip to Vermont. What do I need at the border? I know to enter Canada, all I need in my passport, is this all I need to cross the land border into the US?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Bring US dollars! If you're getting a visa waiver at the border it's like $10, only had Canadian dollars when I did it myself and had to run across to the border to get to a foreign exchange, nearly getting tazed in the process. A credit card would do either.

Be prepared to wait at the border for many hours, I was there for 4. Definitely would spend the night in the US if I was doing it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

TheChizler wrote: »
    Bring US dollars! If you're getting a visa waiver at the border it's like $10, only had Canadian dollars when I did it myself and had to run across to the border to get to a foreign exchange, nearly getting tazed in the process. A credit card would do either.

Be prepared to wait at the border for many hours, I was there for 4. Definitely would spend the night in the US if I was doing it again.

It used to be very easy to cross but now they make you wait. They were always total tossers on the American crossing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Do they do all that fingeprint/retina scan stuff as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Do they do all that fingeprint/retina scan stuff as well?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dublinlover

hello everybody i'm planing to fly to canada very soon ,leaving from dublin airport. so can anybody there take me step by step what do i need for custom officer -like what kind of forum will i fill? is there any finger print ?do i need to show them money in cash?

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Would it be possible to fly to america for a bit then get the bus or train up to canada(iec). Or would they not let you into the US on a one-way ticket ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

ciaran67 wrote: »
    It used to be very easy to cross but now they make you wait. They were always total tossers on the American crossing.

where did you cross? we went into buffalo over the rainbow bridge there the other week and it took about 60 seconds each way once we got to the border control guy (about 10 minutes of waiting to get to there each time)

Advertisement