Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letter of Recommendation?

Options
  • 11-04-2012 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

This is a letter of recommendation that my music teacher wrote for my BA in Music Performance(Piano) degree at the Royal Irish Academy of Music. Tell me what you think:

Letter of Recommendation
    Re: (Name)
    To whom it may concern,
    (Name) has been an excellent pupil of mine since studying
    Piano with me since his first tuition in 2004. (Name) has excellent capabilities with the
    music of the classical era which has brought him to a deeper understanding of the
    great composers and their works.
    He enjoys the technical part of the piano examinations as it enchanses his dexterity in
    his playing skills even more by playing the scales and arpeggios and he deeply
    understands the music theory that is involved when playing the music from the
    classical repertoire, and he knows how the composer would have wanted the piece to
    be played.
    He has shown sincere dedication, great technical and playing abilities, a natural
    ability to great progress, having recieved high results in his Piano examination grades
    which he has completed up to Grade 8 with the Royal Irish Academy of Music.
    In my opinion, I think that (Name) is an excellent pianist viewing the recent success
    that he has had over the recent years and the high marks that he has obtained from
    his piano examinations during his time with me under my supervision and guidance. I
    wish (Name) the very best in his musical career and I hope you welcome a proud and
    dedicated hard working student into the course.
    Yours Faithfully,
    (Name of teacher),
    Piano Teacher.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'm not sure what this has to do with Leaving Cert..

Did you tell your teacher you were posting their letter here?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Seems grand, I don't think the teacher would be too pleased if she found you'd gone to the internet to cross-check it!

Advertisement