Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boot/motherboard issue

Options
  • 11-04-2012 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭

So to cut a long story short,
    today my corsair h60 and 8gb of g.skill ram arrived. Up until now the PC has been working perfectly.
    Removed my old cooler master hyper 212 and installed the h60 and ram on my msi p67a gd65, when i tried to boot all the fans spin up for about a second and one of APS leds flashes aswell.

Tried all the usual steps, removed mobo from case, only had the bare minimum on and still get the same as above.

Anyone have any ideas? Is it time for a new mobo?:(
    Thanks in advance.

spec:
    i5 2500k
    p67a gd65
    h60
    asus 5850
    crucial m4
    8gb g.skill ripjaws x
    xfx core 650w
    f3 1tb

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Burgo wrote: »
    today my corsair h60 and 8gb of g.skill ram arrived. Up until now the PC has been working perfectly.
    Removed my old cooler master hyper 212 and installed the h60 and ram on my msi p67a gd65, when i tried to boot all the fans spin up for about a second and one of APS leds flashes aswell.

Tried all the usual steps, removed mobo from case, only had the bare minimum on and still get the same as above.

Thanks in advance.

spec:
    i5 2500k
    p67a gd65
    h60
    asus 5850
    crucial m4
    8gb g.skill ripjaws x
    xfx core 650w
    f3 1tb

Check to see if it's installed right, I'm not sure about the h60, but the h80 has a cable that plugs into the CPU fan header. If its not connected the mobo does not get any feedback from the fan and may be showing a faulty fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

glynf wrote: »
    Burgo wrote: »

Thanks in advance.

spec:
    i5 2500k
    p67a gd65
    h60
    asus 5850
    crucial m4
    8gb g.skill ripjaws x
    xfx core 650w
    f3 1tb

Check to see if it's installed right, I'm not sure about the h60, but the h80 has a cable that plugs into the CPU fan header. If its not connected the mobo does not get any feedback from the fan and may be showing a faulty fan.

Yeah I checked the cooler it appeared to be working grand, fan spinning up etc. even reinstalled the old cooler and still the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Try re installing the old ram,making sure its seated right etc

Also try hooking up a speaker to it incase your getting beep codes and not hearing them

Thanks for the advice, will check the memory when I get home.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Basically you have to remove and put everything back together a few times until it works, this happens me. A problem for no reason when building. Last time it happened, a few days ago when upgrading, I blew on my computer components and it started working again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I blew on my computer components and it started working again.

...nah too easy ;)

Basically you have to remove and put everything back together a few times until it works, this happens me. A problem for no reason when building. Last time it happened, a few days ago when upgrading, I blew on my computer components and it started working again.

Blowing my components didn't work unfortunately :o
    Did everything I could think of and still no joy.
    Guess I get to see what these z77 motherboards are like so!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hmm not sure what to do so, it's always likely to be some random little thing that's stopping you, rather than the component happening to break when you changed something. Who knows, maybe static electricity or something broke it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Narcynique

Hello,

I don't know if it is the same problem but I bought a P67A-GD65 mobo and when I power on it, the mobo was in a boot loop. After lot of tries, I have seen on the MSI site that for the kind of RAM I use, it was necessary to push the OC button. After that, I maintain the switch power during about 30 s in order to the system is auto configured.

Now, eveything works normally.

RAM used :
    Corsair - CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 - Mémoire RAM - DDR3 1600 - 8 Go COR CL9 Vengeance Kit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Narcynique wrote: »
    Hello,

I don't know if it is the same problem but I bought a P67A-GD65 mobo and when I power on it, the mobo was in a boot loop. After lot of tries, I have seen on the MSI site that for the kind of RAM I use, it was necessary to push the OC button. After that, I maintain the switch power during about 30 s in order to the system is auto configured.

RAM used :
    Corsair - CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 - Mémoire RAM - DDR3 1600 - 8 Go COR CL9 Vengeance Kit
    welcome to boards.ie! what a great first post. stick around!

• Advertisement

Narcynique wrote: »
    Hello,

RAM used :

Cheers for the advice man, will give it a shot when I get home.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

If that doesn't work you could try leaving it by the bin and threatening to throw it out like Tea Bag did a few days ago. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

marco_polo wrote: »
    If that doesn't work you could try leaving it by the bin and threatening to throw it out like Tea Bag did a few days ago. :pac:
    I can vouch for this. it actually works. i havent had a BSOD since it magically fixed itself, but before that I wouldnt last 5 min.

Advertisement