Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Honda Accord '98-'03 fuel consumption

• 11-04-2012 10:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

Can anyone give me first hand fuel consumption figures for the 1.8 litre accord from this era? Actual figures as opposed to "it's thirsty" or "buy diesel", etc!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I had an 02 model for a couple of years a while back. Measured fuel consumption was ca. 35 mpg, 80 mile daily round trip.

Good, solid lady as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Fanthomas

I have accord 1.8 2001.Max consumption in city,driving normally,not above 4000rpm is about 9 l/100km.If you have a really heavy foot it might be even 12 l.Motorway consumption is about 7-8l/100km depending on speed.I drive around 70% out of towns and 30% in cities and my avarage is usually 8.2-8.5 l/100km,which is not bad in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

So,
    7l/100km = 40.3 (the best you're getting)
    8.5l/100km = 33.5 (average)
    9l/100km = 31.3mpg (city driving)
    12l/100km = 23.5mpg (the worst)

It's still not bad. It's a toss up between 1 of these or an E36 318is, best I ever got from an "IS" on commutes was 39mpg.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

I dont do mpg, i am only concerned what a full tank gets..

Mpg means fek all as too many variables mess it up.

2.4 @ 400miles a tank. Easy to moderate driving ..!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

So,
    7l/100km = 40.3 (the best you're getting)
    8.5l/100km = 33.5 (average)
    9l/100km = 31.3mpg (city driving)
    12l/100km = 23.5mpg (the worst)

I'm surprised you're asking that here. Surely you know this game? It really depends so much more on what pattern you drive and what way you drive it than what car you are in.

Got 6.9l/100km (well over 40MPG) recently in a fully loaded Saab 9-5 with 5 people in it (big heavy car). That was doing open road driving not under the speed limit but driving smoothly

Gimme any small hatchback and I'll drive it roughly and show you less than 20MPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭KFed

I had a 02 Accord from 2006 - 2010 which never gave me a moment's trouble.

I averaged 32mpg religiously, with a mixture between short runs around town to 20mile commutes mainly on the M1.

I did one long run (Dublin to Giants Causeway/Portrush and back) where I got about 40mpg, which was a nice surprise! That was the one and only though.

I'm sure you could get closer to 40mpg if you drove with that objective in mind, but if you're trying to plan fuel costs i'd say average 32mpg and you won't go far wrong on fuel cost.

I don't think I ever got less than 30mpg from a complete tank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I dont do mpg, i am only concerned what a full tank gets..

Mpg means fek all as too many variables mess it up.

2.4 @ 400miles a tank. Easy to moderate driving ..!

I'm going to be commuting 70 miles or so each day, on my own, so I don't really have to worry about any variables!
    unkel wrote: »
    I'm surprised you're asking that here. Surely you know this game? It really depends so much more on what pattern you drive and what way you drive it than what car you are in..............

So I can buy an M3 and expect 40mpg if I drive it carefully?! I had a 520 that would get no better than 25mpg no matter how carefully I drove it, don't want to get stung with high mpg if it's not going to bring a smile to my face in the process.

I dont do mpg, i am only concerned what a full tank gets............

You do realise that mpg and what a full tank gets are essentially the same thing if the volume of the tank is know :)

Advertisement