Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ebay/Paypal fee.

• 11-04-2012 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

Sold an ipad on ebay for 505. It qualified for the zero insertion fee as I listed it for 1 euro.

Ebay sent me a bill for 66 dollars (50 euros) plus an 18.54 euro paypal processing fee.

Is it normal that they take 13.5% of what I sell?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

No-one told me there'd be maths homework :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

Yes ripping you off is totally ok with ebay & paypal because they are a shower of theiving c**ts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

:eek: That's a lot. I thought they only charged to list the things?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

You think that's bad? One time I brought my own wine to a restaurant and they charged me a corkage fee even though it was a screwtop bottle of wine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

It's times like this I wish I paid more attention in that algebra class.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I stopped using Ebay a few years ago.

They take a final cut based on how much your item sold for, so that coupled with the insertion fee did it for me tbh.

Done deal for me these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭qrrgprgua

Naomi00 wrote: »
    :eek: That's a lot. I thought they only charged to list the things?

So did I!!!!!! I mean they have been sending me emails saying free listing etc..

You can imagine my shock when I saw Current Balance: US $66.46....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

They have to pay all the dossers employees in Dublin with something OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

Yup that common practice for ebay to rip you off.

Thats why you should use adverts.ie or donedeal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

qrrgprgua wrote: »
    Sold an ipad on ebay for 505. It qualified for the zero insertion fee as I listed it for 1 euro.

Ebay sent me a bill for 66 dollars (50 euros) plus an 18.54 euro paypal processing fee.

Yep, their rates are listed on the seller fees page. I didn't realise it either when I was selling a watch for a few hundred quid. The really annoying thing was that it was a scammer that "bought" the watch so I had to pay up first before eventually getting a refund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

Samantha Brick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Paypal was co-founded by a libertarian who's directing funds to a foreign libertarian utopia. scumbags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Tell your mates on Facebook and perhaps 35 of them will boycott iTunes ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Tell your mates on Facebook and perhaps 35 of them will boycott iTunes ;)

So random but I still laughed. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

It's called FeeBay for a reason

don't be surprised if the buyer wants to return it broken or tries to scam you some other way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,341 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Eoin wrote: »
    Yep, their rates are listed on the seller fees page. I didn't realise it either when I was selling a watch for a few hundred quid. The really annoying thing was that it was a scammer that "bought" the watch so I had to pay up first before eventually getting a refund.

Yep, the fees are listed in the help pages and when you list something it will sometimes tell you what seller fee you are likely to pay.

And you didn't have to pay up first. As far as I'm aware, you can open a dispute to get your money back. Since it takes longer to pay your fees, it means your credit would be applied before your fees are due. Therefore canceling each other out. I think you also get a free relist too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Grayson wrote: »
    Yep, the fees are listed in the help pages and when you list something it will sometimes tell you what seller fee you are likely to pay.

And you didn't have to pay up first. As far as I'm aware, you can open a dispute to get your money back. Since it takes longer to pay your fees, it means your credit would be applied before your fees are due. Therefore canceling each other out. I think you also get a free relist too.

Fees are on a monthly basis, disputes are from when it's opened so it can very easily happen. I was charged and had to get it refunded. Eventually I wasn't out of pocket, but it's crap how there's so much more protection for buyers than sellers.

The account that used the BIN option to buy my product was clearly a scammer. But I can't leave negative feedback for non-payment, so there's nothing to indicate this to another seller if they tried it with something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

LiamKK1982 wrote: »
    Yes ripping you off is totally ok with ebay & paypal because they are a shower of theiving c**ts.

Or maybe they are ahead of all competitors and like anyone in the same position, they want to make as much money as possible

I hate people who bitch about companies trying to make all the money they can :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    You think that's bad? One time I brought my own wine to a restaurant and they charged me a corkage fee even though it was a screwtop bottle of wine.

Pringles were €3.09 in tesco last week, omg biggest rip off evar!!!!!!1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

They started charging tax. Gutted that you got hit so hard! If you haven't sent it yet you could refund the buyer.

Advertisement