Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours Aggressive Dog

• 11-04-2012 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭

Not sure if this is in the right thread but I hope you'll have some advice for me. I live in the middle of nowhere and a family living about 3 minutes from my house have no control on their dog. Hes loose all the time and follows the familys son when he goes walking. This wasnt seen as a huge problem until last week their dog, a german sheperd, bit my next door neighbours dog, a jack russell. It was very bad requiring an operation and some very large vet bills. My neighbour was distraught but the family that owns the dog basically told her to f**k off.

Is there anything she can do??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Your neighbour should report them to the gardai first (although their usually useless in these situations) then the local spca/warden (even if they give the neighbours a warning/fine it might cop them on into keeping their dog locked up) and then tell your neighbour to retain the vets bills as proof. By right the neighbours with the aggressive dog should be paying those bills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭lestat21

Thanks, She was on bout reporting them to the dog warden but was afraid it would get out of hand and the dog might be put down.. does that only happen if the dog attacks a person?? Well I know this family and Im helping their son pass his leaving cert so he can get outta der and I know they are never going to pay anything!!! and theyre guaranteed to blame everyone except themselves!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

It's unlikely that the dog will be put down for aggression towards another animal, it's only when a dog attacks a person then things get more serious . . . ugh I hate stubborn C***s like that who never admit their in the wrong! Drives me insane people who don't keep their dogs secured, what's the point in having a dog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 77 ✭✭micheleabc

German Sheperd are in the Restricted Breeds list and as such they should be at leash and muzzled all the time. Adding that he bit another dog you should most definitely report the case to the dog warden. It may not change what happened but it can help from happening again. The dog will not be put to sleep only because that, but the owners will surely get a fine.
    this is the RB law: http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1991/en/si/0123.html

Advertisement