Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you pay for instant hang over cure?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

The last thing you want to do after a night on the town is fork out another 100+ euro

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Glass of water and a Panadol ftw tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

I'll stick with a full Irish thanks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

There is one already. Not drinking. :rolleyes:

Also it depends on what you drink and your own personal hangover remedies. For me it's coffee and bacon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I don't think I've ever been so hungover that I'd want to spend the day hooked up to an IV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

waste of money. all you need for a hangover is plenty of water and a fry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I am trying to imagine how bad the hangover would have to be before I thought this was something I would pay for...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Just go back to sleep and hangover will go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

humbert wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever been so hungover that I'd want to spend the day hooked up to an IV.

+1 Having some fella from Vegas inserting a drip into my veins, sounds like worst possible hangover scenario ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

More beer = only cure. Pussies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

This is my approach! Have suffered NASTAYYYYYY hangovers lately. Endeavour not to suffer such this weekend. But I can't even bring myself to take a Panadol, never mind some IV stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Guill wrote: »

Pussies agitate a hangover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

44leto wrote: »
    Pussies agitate a hangover.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

Its cheaper to cook two goodfellas pizzas face to face with curry koka noodles in the middle, does the job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

I wouldn't be so sure about that ;)

Unless she wated me to vomit on her, then yes they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

panda100 wrote: »
    +1 Having some fella from Vegas inserting a drip into my veins, sounds like worst possible hangover scenario ever!

Yeah, and I would think that with being dehydrated, it would be hard for them to get the IV started. Ugh... being hung over and someone digging for veins. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Lambasted

Dioralyte. Comes in sachets from the chemist for about 40 cent. Add to 200 mls exactly of water and down the hatch. It's really for restoring electrolytes after severe vomiting and/or diarrhoea, or after an endurance event they're useful too. They work wonders for me. Best is to take one sachet when u get home, then another when u wake up, snooze for an hour or whatever u need then you're set for the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Spunge wrote: »
    The last thing you want to do after a night on the town is fork out another 100+ euro

He'd better accept it in change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

What an odd idea. No, I wouldn't pay for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Diaoralyte, berocca and solpadene in the one glass is good.

I have also found an oxygen mask to be very good in the past.

I don't drink anymore though.

I wouldn't have been willing to pay either way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I kind of accept a hangover as punishment and a discouragement not to drink to often. That must be the ancient catholic in me, a self flagellation thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

three fiddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Have actually tried this and it's pretty impressive. Don't want to get anyone in trouble but I most certainly didn't pay. Get to know someone who works in a hospital.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,360 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Do they not have HB Twisters in langer land?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

three fiddy

Are you a sardine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

The solution to the after effects of taking a lot of drugs?

Moar drugs of course.
    Funnily enough, that's actually a valid cure as far as i'm concerned. I just think the idea of a "Hangover haven" bus to be a bit ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I would - even if I don't drink that much I spend the next day vomiting until about 4pm. I get horrendous hangovers, so bad that I don't drink much these days because I can't face wasting an entire one of my weekend days in bed praying for death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

The fcuking crazy thing is that if we were still in the Celtic Tiger years, with ar$eholes throwing money around, this would probably be an industry in Ireland too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

No I wouldn't pay for a drip what I would pay for is an iliostomy or whatever u call it bag for my nights out. Save me running to the loo every 15 minutes:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

three fiddy
    chin_grin wrote: »
    Are you a sardine?

I think it's a case of the emperor's new clothes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Sausages and eggs, fried in real butter cures most hangovers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

who gets a hangover from beer

more rum = cure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Nope. Having a hangover that would kill an average sized horse is a great excuse for not going to any of my OH's family for lunch on Sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

If only I could.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    If only I could.

Agreed - not only do my hangovers make it impossible to sleep - they wake me up early so I can suffer more. If you can eat a fry (or anything) and keep it down you're not properly hungover :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

You could get a brazzer for that cash, a few tins afterwards and an early night..........what?:(............WHAT!!?!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭skirtgirl

Yes I would. In work at 8am gonna be awful. Rasher sandwich will be had

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

bottle of the fizzy lucozade sport does the trick for me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Would I pay for an instant hangover cure?

Now I would say no waste of money.

But at the time then I'm sure I definitly would :P

Got to agree about Lucozade.... Its a hangover killer :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭clashburke

depends on the day!!
    i find a few pints a great cure if ya can stomach it...:D

if not loop-d-loops and lucazade... as little water as possible!! water makes me projectile vomit if drank with a bad hangover:(:(

but to answer the OP i would on certian day that the Hang Over is very bad!! ive been known to waste 2day in bed after a good session:eek:

• Advertisement

only ever had a hangover once, when i hadn't drunk much water the day before and was half-expecting it, still mild
    had far worse normal headaches
    so... no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭jaspertheghost

a big fry and a ride....be grand after that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

can of coke a snooze, cap or a shag brain dead telly all good...if your lucky and have some weed your elected :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Berocca and Dioralite powder mixed together with some freshly squeezed orange juice. Tastes a bit funky but it works wonders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

This. Hands down the only way to effectively kick the **** out of a hangover. Has to be good stuff though, 5.0% or higher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

No, because you deserve the hangover. It needs to be endured and suffered to remind you how bad for you drinking is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Rezident

For people who really do get very bad hangovers, painkillers are far cheaper and far less hassle.

And if you get some really good ones, like those ones my friend got when he broke his collarbone in the US, they blow the socks off even the worst of hangovers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

I've cracked the hangover. I always set my alarm for 6am, and drink a pint of water, brush my teeth, then go back to sleep. Wake up at about 12 feeling fresh as a daisy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

I've cracked the hangover. I always set my alarm for 6am, and drink a pint of water, brush my teeth, then go back to sleep. Wake up at about 12 feeling fresh as a daisy

What's this set alarm business, you shouldn't even be home by 6 ! Amateur :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Wish I knew about this on Sunday - hangover from hell :(

Blood curdling nausea that intensified with every tiny movement, splitting headache, inability to sleep resulting in a day spent with eyes staring wildly up at the ceiling, and then to top it all off, the absolute horror of the flashabacks and the mind-f**king paranoia. Christ the paranoia, was in the horrors until Monday morning.

Would I have paid a couple of hundred euro for a cure? I would have gladly given all my worldly possessions to stop the horror.

Did I mention the paranoia:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:?

• Advertisement
Advertisement