Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you pay for instant hang over cure?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Its cheaper to cook two goodfellas pizzas face to face with curry koka noodles in the middle, does the job
    Fucking seriously?

Are you fucking sure?

For fucking fuck's sake.

If it wasn't so expensive, highly likely.

I get the worst possible hangovers ever.
    They usually last at least 2 days.

I would definitely pay to get an instant cure.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 174 ✭✭troposphere

Never tried it myself but heard that a few minutes of pure oxygen will get rid of a hangover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

If you are able to eat a fry, then you aren't hungover.

Starting to understand why I have barely drank the last couple of years.

If I am hungover, I wake up after 4 hours sleep unable to eat, barely able to take more than a sip of water and there is no chance that I can just 'go back to sleep, simples' as someone suggested. There will be no more sleep.

Hangovers last 2 days minimum but usually 3. Obviously day 2 is no where near like day 1, and so forth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

The only cure that works for me is not eating for a day, don't move for 24 hours, sip on water as needed, and just sweat/cry it out.

The last thing I want when I'm hungover is food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

2 bottles of lucozade sport does the job

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 174 ✭✭troposphere

Do you guys eat something before you sleep? If I eat something before sleeping I am all set with not feeling sick the next day but my head will still not all be there.

You all make me sick. If taking some pain meds works or gorging yourself on food and lucozade is something you are capable of, then you don't really know what a hangover is god love you.

You all make me sick. If taking some pain meds works or gorging yourself on food and lucozade is something you are capable of, then you don't really know what a hangover is god love you.

Obviously everyone experiences it differently. Different people get different symptoms.

After a night of drinking, I alway get a sick stomach for the day, but I don't get a headache. Does that mean it's not a hangover because I don't have a headache? Obviously these people you're talking to don't get a sick stomach, but may well get the other symptoms, and therefore can eat.

You're not making much sense.

Or maybe you're drunk.

• Advertisement

whirlpool wrote: »
    Obviously everyone experiences it differently. Different people get different symptoms.

After a night of drinking, I alway get a sick stomach for the day, but I don't get a headache. Does that mean it's not a hangover because I don't have a headache? Obviously these people you're talking to don't get a sick stomach, but may well get the other symptoms, and therefore can eat.

You're not making much sense.

Or maybe you're drunk.

It means that if you are capable of eating a fry up, then you don't have much of a hangover at all in the first place.

Same deal if lucozade or a painkiller is 'the solution', you don't even know you're born.

The only solution to a real hangover is the passing of time, 72 hours usually does it though you may be tender for the following 24.

I wish I were drunk, these days I am just deranged with rage - the hangovers are much handier though.

It means that if you are capable of eating a fry up, then you don't have much of a hangover at all in the first place.

Same deal if lucozade or a painkiller is 'the solution', you don't even know you're born.

The only solution to a real hangover is the passing of time, 72 hours usually does it though you may be tender for the following 24.

I wish I were drunk, these days I am just deranged with rage - the hangovers are much handier though.

I know what your post meant, grammatically. It's logically that you're not making sense.

Your experience of hangovers isn't necessarily everyone else's.

whirlpool wrote: »
    I know what your post meant, grammatically. It's logically that you're not making sense.

Your experience of hangovers isn't necessarily everyone else's.

I think we have covered this extensively. I am making perfect sense.
    I understand what your incredibly mild easily curable 'hangover' consists of.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

No such thing ever .People play with the idea but it never exists and it probably wont .I've tried every one of them and those i hav'nt i won't bother with .Kite flying notion .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

First reaction, not a f*cking hope I would pay for this.

Upon thinking about it (for about 15 seconds), I've changed my mind.

Normal hangover, no I wouldn't pay for it BUT, I have had two or three hangovers in my life where I would.

I've literally been curled in a ball for the day, unable to eat, drink or move. Doing anything was absolute torture.

A plane flew overhead and I nearly started to cry (slight exageration) with the pain and sheer hopelessness of it all.

If I could've paid for someone to take that away from me, then yes - I'd rather part with 100e and have an extra functioning day in my life thank you very much.

(For the record: I'm not depressed nor do I need the 'Don't drink to much' brigade. I had a great night, just too good :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

I'd the bright idea of watching "Requiem for a Dream" for the first time on Monday evening after a full weekend session, certainly took my mind off the sickness for a while, although it made the fear a lot worse.

• Advertisement
Advertisement