Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Tour to New Zealand 2012 Discussion thread

Options
199100101102103105»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

rrpc wrote: »
    Very wide angle lens. You can't really judge relative sizes when the photo was taken with such a wide angle. Even looking at the relative widths of the tape on the floor would tell you that it's a distorted perspective.

Its an optical illusion + a pump. His sleeves are rolled up which always makes an arm look bigger) Mine are about that go to look at but no bigger than 17 inches.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

shuffol wrote: »
    INPHO_00528212.jpg

Anything D'arcy can do....

That's borderline freak-show, I always thought BoD had big biceps, but now it just looks like his biceps starts just above his elbow lmao!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

GerM wrote: »
    Excellent interview with BOD in today's Times. Really insightful and honest about his career to date. Amazing to hear that, after week 1 of the Lions in 2005, he never trained once with Denis Hickie. Good comments about ROG and McFadden also. Perhaps gives people a bit more idea of why they're on tour. Attitude comes into consideration on these things.

I've been quite critical of McFadden in the past but interesting to hear BOD speak of him as someone that "won't be broken" and the presence of someone like that makes you want to play harder yourself.

Get the impression we might be looking at the last 12 months of Brian O'Driscoll given his contract expires next summer.

You could be right and of course often injury decides when a player hangs up his boots but I really wouldn't be shocked to see him at the next world cup. He has been very carefully managed over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Clearlier wrote: »
    He has been very carefully managed over the years.

Ah he hasn't really, he has been played in some seriously silly and meaningless games over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    Paddy is on the "beach boy" weights it seems! You'd get an awful slagging for that in my club, I'd be afraid to do a bicep curl in the gym!

If ya want big GUUUUNNNZZZZ there's no harm doin a few sets at the end of a workout. They have other benefits too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,997 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Teferi wrote: »
    He has been very carefully managed over the years.

Ah he hasn't really, he has been played in some seriously silly and meaningless games over the years.

Yep, not to mention the amount of concussions he has received. That'll come back on him at some stage. A lot of the time players need to be protected from themselves.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

You could be right and of course often injury decides when a player hangs up his boots but I really wouldn't be shocked to see him at the next world cup. He has been very carefully managed over the years.

winning a lions tour in aus would be some way to sign off his career. plenty of competition for those center positions but if fit and in form bod is a certainty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Spotted this on Facebook, thought it was cool.

252262_328729983873049_732634768_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

A little off piste here lads, but anyone know of somewhere in cork that would be open and decent for the game in the morning? Good fryup breakfast a bonus!!

Was thinking one of the hotel bars like jury's western road or maybe rendezvous in bishopstown? Not a clue really lads so all pointers welcome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I am eagerly awaiting the dedicated thread and its write up... whos doing it?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Grimebox wrote: »

Thomond? Totallegend? I'll whip one together if ye can't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Yes please! I don't think either have been on today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Swiwi

GerM wrote: »
    Excellent interview with BOD in today's Times. Really insightful and honest about his career to date. Amazing to hear that, after week 1 of the Lions in 2005, he never trained once with Denis Hickie. Good comments about ROG and McFadden also. Perhaps gives people a bit more idea of why they're on tour. Attitude comes into consideration on these things.

I've been quite critical of McFadden in the past but interesting to hear BOD speak of him as someone that "won't be broken" and the presence of someone like that makes you want to play harder yourself.

Get the impression we might be looking at the last 12 months of Brian O'Driscoll given his contract expires next summer.

Well, I wish ye good luck for tomorrow. Ye will need a good start, if the Abs get an early lead, they will be very hard to peg back, but if Ireland can get their noses in front, then the doubts might start, especially from the younger lads, which is where McCaw's experience would be vital. Cruden should be targeted to see how he withstands the pressure.

I apologise for more idiotic comments from ex-ABs, this time Ian Jones. It would be great if NZ let BOD run-on first, or else formed a tunnel of honour afterwards, but I suspect we will be too caught up in our game. When the public expects you to win EVERY SINGLE GAME, it can be hard to think about the other team.

Finally, there has been a suggestion of an ANZAC side coming to the North in 2015 to commemorate 100 years since Gallipoli...would be all for it!

Yes please! I don't think either have been on today?

right I'll get on it so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Grimebox wrote: »

up the walls all week, so fire away.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

as am I, it's Luxembourg's national holiday tomorrow (Grand Duke's birthday). Firework display tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

right I'll get on it so.
    No pressure, but it better be good...:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭accidentprone1

A little off piste here lads, but anyone know of somewhere in cork that would be open and decent for the game in the morning? Good fryup breakfast a bonus!!

Was thinking one of the hotel bars like jury's western road or maybe rendezvous in bishopstown? Not a clue really lads so all pointers welcome

The Silver Key out by Páirc úi Ring in Ballinlough is little off piste too but it does a mean full Irish and it's open for the game.

Should be up by 10ish!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Should be up by 10ish!

Get on with it, the Germans have it won at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

as am I, it's Luxembourg's national holiday tomorrow (Grand Duke's birthday). Firework display tonight!
    That's your excuse for everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

The Silver Key out by Páirc úi Ring in Ballinlough is little off piste too but it does a mean full Irish and it's open for the game.

Cheers!! Same response on cork forum so we'll head there

Advertisement