Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Tour to New Zealand 2012 Discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

TonyTonga wrote: »
    I've no idea off hand what the exact times were. And no I didn't but then again I didn't factor in how many times Murray was at the bottom of the ruck when the ball needed to be passed either.
    More unsubstantiated claims then...

I predict your time here may be brief if you keep this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭TonyTonga

With all due respect I think it does matter what his performances were like when he came on the scene first because they show how quick he can be. My question on who to blame was semi-rhetorical in that I blame someone in the Irish set-up who has got in his ear and told him he needs to do this and that at ruck time and has slowed him down.

Right so we should continue starting him, no matter how he performs, in the hope he starts playing like he was a year ago?

Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Wait a minute... JM08 usually pops in when ireland matches are incoming...

Tony is like the anti-jm..

3674437_det.jpg

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    What games did you use to compare?

No idea fishhooks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

No idea fishhooks

ooookkkkkk.........

• Advertisement

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    They genuinely follow the game though!

No need for personal abuse mate.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I'm pretty excited by the team tbh. I have some issues with it (I don't understand why Reddan is given such a consistent hard time by Kidney and the defence on both wings worries me), but its a change and the type of thing people were looking for. The pack is exactly the one I would have picked and the backs certainly have the potential to cause damage.

I'll wait to see how the team approach the game and the actual type of rugby they play before I start moaning!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭gotapaininmy

by suggesting an alternative.

I've a couple of thousand too many posts on here. I've seen plenty of times how quickly the conversation breaks down to two drunkards punching each other's idols and then forgetting what they're supposed to be talking about.

On a team selection, a relative strength of one player is a relative weakness of the other. However, when people get ranty, they only ever look at the weakness. Doing the opposite, and talking about AN Other's relative strengths is at least a constructive way of talking about a team selection.

Of course, everyone is entitled to post as they wish within the charter, but I'd prefer if this place wasn't a cesspit of irrational abuse.

That's bit strong is it not? For my part all I was saying is that he takes too long to get the ball away from rucks, consequently impeding the backline. I don't think that's irrational abuse?

Podge_irl wrote: »
    I'm pretty excited by the team tbh. I have some issues with it (I don't understand why Reddan is given such a consistent hard time by Kidney and the defence on both wings worries me), but its a change and the type of thing people were looking for. The pack is exactly the one I would have picked and the backs certainly have the potential to cause damage.

I'll wait to see how the team approach the game and the actual type of rugby they play before I start moaning!

Yes, happy with the expermentation thats for sure. I am also delighted to see Zebo in the sense that it shows that Kidney will take massive gambles on young players. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

Right so we should continue starting him, no matter how he performs, in the hope he starts playing like he was a year ago?

Madness.

You've got me completely wrong, if you go back to my original posts you'll see that I don't think he should have been picked for this test. I think he could be picked for future tests if he is let return to his natural quick game that he displayed when he started palying for Munster first.

• Advertisement

That's bit strong is it not? For my part all I was saying is that he takes too long to get the ball away from rucks, consequently impeding the backline. I don't think that's irrational abuse?

nope, it's not. Unfortunately, be prepared for statements to fishtail wildly out of control. There's plenty of opportunity to interpret things that people post as one way or the other, add in that some people will bring obvious agendas to the table, and it doesn't take long for the shouting to start.

I was only trying to steer the conversation to safer shores tbh. Feel free to ignore the advice (in good faith).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Is it possible that BOD will play at 12, but wearing the 13 shirt ?

You've got me completely wrong, if you go back to my original posts you'll see that I don't think he should have been picked for this test. I think he could be picked for future tests if he is let return to his natural quick game that he displayed when he started palying for Munster first.

Oh I'm in agreement there. If he quickens things up, stays out of rucks and sorts out his decision making along with refraining from box kicking so often i think he could be a fantastic player in the future.

That said I can see Marmion soon surpassing him. The kid looks good, and hes keeping the hyped McGrath from the team.

nope, it's not. Unfortunately, be prepared for statements to fishtail wildly out of control. There's plenty of opportunity to interpret things that people post as one way or the other, add in that some people will bring obvious agendas to the table, and it doesn't take long for the shouting to start.

I was only trying to steer the conversation to safer shores tbh. Feel free to ignore the advice (in good faith).

What your essentially advocating is zero criticism of any player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

A2LUE42 wrote: »

I think there could be some interchanging alright

Believe me if the shouting starts I'll be logging off!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

In fairness Emmet its international season. The part timers and seagulls will be along to offer their nuggets!

I hope so. I think Earls could rip it up with someone like BOD inside him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

I would be very surprised if we didn't see a good bit of movement in position between himself and Earls.

I hope so. I think Earls could rip it up with someone like BOD inside him.

Sounds painful.

• Advertisement

In fairness Emmet its international season. The part timers and seagulls will be along to offer their nuggets!
    Do they ever go away?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Who was it that said that the part timers are like seagulls or some kind of bird? They land, take a ****, and then fly away? :D

Eoin (From Seapoint) was the first poster I ever heard use the phrase Seagull Poster to describe someone who flies in, craps all over a thread/forum then flies away again. That was back in the day when we were both baby mods, cutting our teeth in the Wicklow forums!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Some pretty bad posts in this thread.

No matter what team was picked, it's going to be hard to beat NZ. For the people who have been calling for change, this is as good a selection as you're likely to expect from Kidney. I don't have any real problems with it tbh. The most puzzling issues are the people he left at home originally and the choice to bring such a small squad.

Wrt Murray...Reddan is a lot quicker, and his partnership with Sexton does help a lot. But Murray actually had some very good games in the 6N. When his head is right, he can be superb.

To be honest all this talk of birds is crapping all over this thread!

Heres one thats gone relatively under the radar....Will the lineout be a shambles? One can assume that Fitzpatrick isn't overly familar with the calls and I don't think either Touhy or Ryan normally call the lineout.

Touhy has called the lineout in the past for Ulster when Muller isn't playing, though I don't know how regular that is. The only option who regularly runs the lineout is McCarthy anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭RoundBox11

He's 57 posts today already... thats some going.

th_bandhead.gif

To be honest all this talk of birds is crapping all over this thread!

Heres one thats gone relatively under the radar....Will the lineout be a shambles? One can assume that Fitzpatrick isn't overly familar with the calls and I don't think either Touhy or Ryan normally call the lineout.
    If you have a problem with posts, report them, Tony.

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Some pretty bad posts in this thread.

No matter what team was picked, it's going to be hard to beat NZ. For the people who have been calling for change, this is as good a selection as you're likely to expect from Kidney. I don't have any real problems with it tbh. The most puzzling issues are the people he left at home originally and the choice to bring such a small squad.

Wrt Murray...Reddan is a lot quicker, and his partnership with Sexton does help a lot. But Murray actually had some very good games in the 6N. When his head is right, he can be superb.

Lets continue starting him so in the hope that he'll suddenly turn good.

Someone, anyone, please tell me why you would break up a back to back HC winning half back partnership that also started in the epic win over Australia?

• Advertisement

RoundBox11 wrote: »
    He's 57 posts today already... thats some going.

th_bandhead.gif

I can't move from the couch today. Over indulged last night. This is helping with the painful hangover.

Advertisement