Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are people never honest...?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

This thread is the pits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

ChemHickey wrote: »
    What annoys me is when you get good grades/marks in your exams and people instantly think you are "bateing the books", and you only did a bit of study and do well.
    It's not about the amount of study you do, it's your capacity to retain it. I don't study as much as people think, my parents think I'm doing too much and I think I'm only working at about 50% activity level(good aul flexible budgeting) but I have a good memory (that's what I think is the reason!). i don't do 3 or 4 hours a day 7 days a week!I do study before a test but what is more annoying to me are people who are annoyed when you tell them you're not studying as much as they think and they don't believe you.
    Can you not accept that it's not about the amount of study you do, it's your overall work ethic and how you worked over the two years. Study ain't everything mes potes.

SHE'S A HERETIC.
    BURN THE WITCH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

I know what you mean, it's really annoying. People coming out of the mocks with 500 points after doing "no study" at all.

What's even more annoying is the "Oh my god, I've failed that so badly" and then a few days later "Oh got 96 percent, how did that happen, it's not as if I've been studying every day for 6 hours since first year"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I'm kind of the opposite. I tell my parents I'm doing like 25 hours study a day but I'm actually doing nothing. Every time they come into my room during the day I'm "just taking a 10 minute break on the laptop".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Martin_94 wrote: »
    I know what you mean, it's really annoying. People coming out of the mocks with 500 points after doing "no study" at all.
    "

It's also annoying when you're one of those people who genuinely do this and people assume you're lying. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

finality = female version of cian :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

I'm the type of person who walks into school bragging that I've studied! Hate the people oh I did so bad and the get 100%...My best friend is a prime example!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Josh93

ChemHickey wrote: »
    What annoys me is when you get good grades/marks in your exams and people instantly think you are "bateing the books", and you only did a bit of study and do well.
    It's not about the amount of study you do, it's your capacity to retain it. I don't study as much as people think, my parents think I'm doing too much and I think I'm only working at about 50% activity level(good aul flexible budgeting) but I have a good memory (that's what I think is the reason!). i don't do 3 or 4 hours a day 7 days a week!I do study before a test but what is more annoying to me are people who are annoyed when you tell them you're not studying as much as they think and they don't believe you.
    Can you not accept that it's not about the amount of study you do, it's your overall work ethic and how you worked over the two years. Study ain't everything mes potes.

Spot on. The Leaving Cert is essentially a memory test - so it's not how much you do, it's how much effort you put in - and there's a massive difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭K_1

reznov wrote: »
    Those who don't do a tap of study are the ones who'll be obtaining 625 in the LC, 300 in the HPAT, and of course a 500k per annul job. Don't be mislead by your friends who cram for exams. You'll be laughing eventually. Mercilessly laughing at their black, baggy eyes, the facial expression of a miner who's lungs are sooty. Fact is, whether you get 625 in the LC or not was engraved into your soul the second you were delivered in that hospital ward. The government continually tells fables of exam reform and how the LC is nothing more but an insignificant regurgitation session, but the SEC possesses voodoo magic beyond any mortal's comprehension. Their vile tactics have maintained a steady bell curve for decades.

My comrade, quit studying today.
    This is not a conspiracy theory.

This. The bane of our lives.
    Its the ultimate Catch 22 - Joseph Heller couldn't have written it. There's no way to avoid their warped system - we can all not do a tap and we'll get the same results, or we can study our asses off, it doesn't make a difference - all thanks to the fúcking bell curve.

:mad:

normal.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 xSpacey

I can't be the only one who puts off study "for another hour" until its like 2am then have to sleep EVERY DAY of the week right... i'd say I've put in less than 10 hours study in my whole life... im so screwed for my orals on tuesday and even more screwed for the actual exams... =/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Stalin and rugby

This thread is seriously entertaining. Keep it going peeps. Some seriously witty stuff

Advertisement