Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WANTED: Working 19" or 20" Arcade Monitor or Chassis

Options
  • 12-04-2012 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a working 19" or 20" arcade monitor (15kHz CGA standard resolution). Alternatively, a working monitor chassis would also be considered (after checking compatibility first with tube).

I have a Challenger II cabinet, but the monitor is dead. I wouldn't attempt to repair it, as I'd probably electrocute myself. I'm happy to swap out a chassis for another one, I've done that before, but repair is beyond me.

I know a lot of you guys often remove the monitor when converting old cabinets, so I thought I'd try here. If you're not sure whether you have a 15kHz standard resolution monitor or not, chances are that it's 19" or 20", then it probably is.

Many of the monitors and chassis that were in older arcade cabinets were Hantarex, Wells Gardner, Pentranic etc. If you have anything, let me know.

Thanks,
    Alan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

What model of broken monitor do you have? It's probably fixable. Where in the country are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 OldSkoolRetro

Thanks for your reply.

I have a Hantarex MTC9000 chassis. The tube is fine, the problem is with the chassis. I can see the orange glow at the neck of the tube, but I have no picture on screen at all. It could be the flyback transformer, but I don't want to go messing with that. I'm in Cork.

Does the big white resistor down the side of the chassis get scalding hot very quickly?

I haven't fired the monitor up for some time now, as its no longer inside the cabinet. I might try and check it over the weekend. Is that a known fault?
    Thanks,
    Alan.

• Advertisement

If that resistor gets really hot, then the flyback is probably at fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 john mc mullan

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a working 19" or 20" arcade monitor (15kHz CGA standard resolution). Alternatively, a working monitor chassis would also be considered (after checking compatibility first with tube).

I have a Challenger II cabinet, but the monitor is dead. I wouldn't attempt to repair it, as I'd probably electrocute myself. I'm happy to swap out a chassis for another one, I've done that before, but repair is beyond me.

I know a lot of you guys often remove the monitor when converting old cabinets, so I thought I'd try here. If you're not sure whether you have a 15kHz standard resolution monitor or not, chances are that it's 19" or 20", then it probably is.

Many of the monitors and chassis that were in older arcade cabinets were Hantarex, Wells Gardner, Pentranic etc. If you have anything, let me know.

Thanks,
    Alan.
    hi i have a few makes/models of arcade chassies i would be happy to repair or swop your one for a working one for a few euro im in carlow so thats the best i can do all the best john

hi i have a few makes/models of arcade chassies i would be happy to repair or swop your one for a working one for a few euro im in carlow so thats the best i can do all the best john

Hi John,
    Sounds great. I left a message for you with my contact details etc.
    Thanks,
    Alan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jamiereid

i have a dead 29 inch nanao monitor, i now have the board working but it looks like its the tube gone too, anyone have a working monitor of a similar size theyed be willing to sell me, either that or a cga to vga converter and ill put in a flat panel.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Thanks for your reply.

I have a Hantarex MTC9000 chassis. The tube is fine, the problem is with the chassis. I can see the orange glow at the neck of the tube, but I have no picture on screen at all. It could be the flyback transformer, but I don't want to go messing with that. I'm in Cork.

Looks like I might have the exact same issue! did you get sorted in the end? ive a Hantarex MTC9000 Too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 jamiereid

how much would you be looking for it? is there any noise when you power it up?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Not looking to sell it, looking to fix it!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

jamiereid wrote: »
    i have a dead 29 inch nanao monitor, i now have the board working but it looks like its the tube gone too, anyone have a working monitor of a similar size theyed be willing to sell me, either that or a cga to vga converter and ill put in a flat panel.

I have a nanao tube also some vga cards let me know which suits

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement