Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

brewers grain to blks on grass

• 12-04-2012 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

have blks on grass will be fat in middle of june running short grass of was thinking of feeding them brewers grain instead of meal what do ye think

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Hi cozzie dealerman,
    years since I fed them but a load would fill the gap alright, think they are around 25%CP. If you could get 2 or 3 ton of pulp nuts in the bottom of the truck before they go to murphys it increases the DM in the load significantly and would give a little lift to energy too. What way will you feed it though?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

dealerman wrote: »
    have blks on grass will be fat in middle of june running short grass of was thinking of feeding them brewers grain instead of meal what do ye think

Unless you are getting it for nothing I would not not use it grass is high enough in protein so you need an energy ration 10-12 idealy at most 14% Protien I know it is expensive but barley/soyahulls or even aif you only want to fill a gap Hulls by themselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

i aint no dealerman :confused:. My opinion on brewers grains is that they are just too wet to haul long distances, It was different before when they could be picked up for next to nothing but not nowadays. Last time I asked for a price I asked the salesman if he taught I was for the birds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭dealerman

thanks lads probally just stick with barley. seen a load of cows fed on brewers for the winter it did a great job on them and it got me wondering but then they were cows too think he said around 40 e a ton delivired

there is only 1 bob charles and he is nice and cozzie :D;):D;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

40e a ton, that's not too bad that's only 160/ ton DM. What can you buy barley for, 200e ton at 85% DM? OK it's going to be hassle feeding it

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
Advertisement