Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis 3 TBA April 16th?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

A few twitter comments from Crytek.

Graphics wise they said the game will push the consoles to there limits but PC will be well ahead graphically.

Its a spirtual sequel to Crysis 1 in terms of gameplay, i.e gameplay will be closer to Crysis 1 than Crysis 2.

The game will support alot of different AA modes.
    MSAA (all modes)
    SMAA (T2X on consoles)
    TXAA (Nvidia new AA mode thats getting great reviews)
    and some new form of AA.

From these comments Crytek seems to be listeing to the common complaints about Crysis 2.

Sounds promising so far

Teaser

Full trailer coming on the 24th of April.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Now that the engine is actually in a working state for the consoles I'd wager they'll have more resources to both optimising C3 for the consoles and ensuring the PC version is pushed.

As for that video, there's about 4-6seconds of actual gameplay in there, most certainly from the PC build, and if it's anything to go by we're going to be in for a pretty beautiful looking game. Guess we'll see more come April 24th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭armitage_skanks

Going around in the dark shooting flitty aliens. Looks like just another generic sci-fi shooter.

Looks like another generic whing post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭armitage_skanks

Azza wrote: »
    Looks like another generic whing post.

So I look at the teaser and give my opinion based on what I saw, and you get your fanboy knickers in a twist and make a 'witty' smart-arsed retort?

Bravo. I see why you're a mod with such a keen understanding of what makes a good discussion. Smart-arsed comments like yours never drag a thread down, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

So I look at the teaser and give my opinion based on what I saw, and you get your fanboy knickers in a twist and make a 'witty' smart-arsed retort?

Bravo. I see why you're a mod with such a keen understanding of what makes a good discussion. Smart-arsed comments like yours never drag a thread down, right?

Pot Kettle Black?

I think it's too early to tell for anyone what kind of game it will be based on a teaser trailer with about 3 seconds of gameplay.

Going around in the dark shooting flitty aliens. Looks like just another generic sci-fi shooter

1. It probably isn't always going be set in the dark.

2. There are human enemy types as well.

3. Most other shooters are far more linear than the Crysis series. The Nano suit is a unique feature to the Crysis series. As well as that the Crysis series has by far and away the best graphics of any video game from a technical perspective (maybe not art direction though).

I'm sorry but its getting despressing reading alot of the comments in the games section these days. People seem really quick to complain over the most trival or minor things and make assumptions on very little or no evidence.

As for being a fanboy. I admit I enjoyed the 3 games in the series plus Cryteks previous game Far Cry. However they are far from perfect. Story wise both games are pretty rubbish. The whole last third of Crysis 1 was pretty weak and the final boss suffered from a memory leak that was never fixed. Crysis 2 suffered from A.I. bugs as well. Obviously its far too early to know if Crysis 3 is going be any good. I'll pass my opinion on it when I play it. I don't think that makes me a fan boy.

Your first post didn't contribute much to the thread. I mean the teaser wasn't up to much but I don't see how anyone can draw conclusions from so little footage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

From the Official EA Channel

Well there you go. That's the gameplay trailer.
    Consider my gfx appetite appeased for now :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

too much white color for my liking :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

FYP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Jesus lads, underpant in knot maybe, Give me a second! Its done Ive FMP

looks like carbon copy of crysis 2, but with different setting. i am saying this not in bad way too. If they give crysis 2 with poper sandbox ruined city with few things fixed, more story, more weapons, then feck, why not. i am down for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

just what we need, another generic first person shooter

ZZZZzzzzzZZZZzzzZZZzzzz.....

original.gif

gizmo wrote: »
    original.gif

ya can huff and puff all ya want , ya know its the the truth:pac:

ya can huff and puff all ya want , ya know its the the truth:pac:
    We shall see based on the only universal metric known to man: The number of thanks each of our posts gets.

considering a majority of gaming community these days are frag heads i say you win

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I waited about 6 months until after release to get Crysis 2 and it only cost about €20 so for that kind of money, this game is worth it.

Enjoyable but I'd feel a gob****e spending €60 on something that has such a small amount of play in it.

haters_gonna_hate3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

another generic generic FPS post :pac:

• Advertisement

Another generic complaining post complaining about people who post generic complaining posts. :pac:

Bunch of comedians ..not one of ye yet proved me wrong

Please..continue with the jokes and meme pictures :pac:

Did you provide proof it was a generic shooter in the first place?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Sequel bears a general resemblance to its predecessors in shock development... more on this as it develops!

Bunch of comedians ..not one of ye yet proved me wrong

Please..continue with the jokes and meme pictures :pac:
    How could we prove you wrong? The game isn't out till next year.

Based on what we do know, however, you're wrong simply on the basis that it sounds anything but generic. How many games in recent times have featured sandbox-style gameplay in a visually stunning post-war city with fully developed vegetation, a varied range of Nano suit powers and a god damn Compound Bow?

I'd wager your list will be rather short.

On a sidenote, the cynic in me could point out that you actually bought Modern Warfare 3 so aren't really in a position to comment negatively on a "generic first person shooter" but I generally don't like cynicism...

gizmo wrote: »
    How could we prove you wrong? The game isn't out till next year.

Based on what we do know, however, you're wrong simply on the basis that it sounds anything but generic. How many games in recent times have featured sandbox-style gameplay in a visually stunning post-war city with fully developed vegetation, a varied range of Nano suit powers and a god damn Compound Bow?

I'd wager your list will be rather short.

On a sidenote, the cynic in me could point out that you actually bought Modern Warfare 3 so aren't really in a position to comment negatively on a "generic first person shooter" but I generally don't like cynicism...

On the basis on everything else crytek made i choose to believe it be the same copy and paste shooters that everything else in the market
    MW3 ? i played my sis copy , never bought it and even if i did i am entitled to my opinion .. All in good heart though its all for giggles :P

i think the world will stop now. MW3 is putten in same basket as Crysis... Maybe Crysis was not everyones taste, but it does not deserve such treatment.

Sounds like you just don't like shooting games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm looking forward to the sequel Postmodern Warfare though, in which you shoot glowing hit boxes (of unclear ethnic origin) that are floating around surreal dreamscapes while a gravel-voiced transgender narrator reads out quotes from Wilfred Owen and Robert Graves poems.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'm looking forward to the sequel Postmodern Warfare though, in which you shoot glowing hit boxes (of unclear ethnic origin) that are floating around surreal dreamscapes while a gravel-voiced transgender narrator reads out quotes from Wilfred Owen and Robert Graves poems.

Advertisement