Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis 3 TBA April 16th?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

just what we need, another generic first person shooter

ZZZZzzzzzZZZZzzzZZZzzzz.....

Haven't even mentioned the launch day DLC that replaces the poems with passages from the Qur'an.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

On the basis on everything else crytek made i choose to believe it be the same copy and paste shooters that everything else in the market
    MW3 ? i played my sis copy , never bought it and even if i did i am entitled to my opinion .. All in good heart though its all for giggles :P

Poor Crytek how the mighty have fallen, it was only a few weeks ago you were placing them them in the elite group of game developers who were impressed with the Wii U. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

marco_polo wrote: »
    Poor Crytek how the mighty have fallen, it was only a few weeks ago you were placing them them in the elite group of game developers who were impressed with the Wii U. :pac:

I was basis them on proof bout the article referring wii u isnt powerful , way to mis read or change my comment out of text ...keep trying :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I was basis them on proof bout the article referring wii u isnt powerful , way to mis read or change my comment out of text ...keep trying :pac:

Thanks but I don't really care enough TBH.

Back to actually discussing Crysis 3 I'm glad to see that Crytek have replaced Richard Morgan as lead writer after the script he phoned in for the last one. Don't know anything about the new guy Steven Hall but surely he can't do any worse.

Back on the subject at hand I'm glad to see that Crytek have replaced Richard Morgan as lead writer after the script he phoned in for Crysis 2.

Ya dont care yet to thought you fooled me lol ;)

Despite what i think about crytek games their engine is the best and they make solid games no doubt , just bored of all this shoot everything in site then progress .. The genre for the most part getting stale for me but this be last comment from me here , hope it meets ye guys/gals expectations and happy gaming :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I really miss the times when we were looking forward to games and not just bitch about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I really miss the times when we were looking forward to games and not just bitch about them.

Come on, it's way more fun this way.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

How come so many mods on here are complete trolls? Take something out of context, get called out on it, lol I don't care I'll just do it anyway? Seriously.

Ya dont care yet to thought you fooled me lol ;)

In fairness I wasn't being exactly serious the first time around, it was really intended as a bit of lighthearted strawmaning :). If I my time over I would have clarified this in the second post rather than going into cranky mode.
    Despite what i think about crytek games their engine is the best and they make solid games no doubt , just bored of all this shoot everything in site then progress .. The genre for the most part getting stale for me but this be last comment from me here , hope it meets ye guys/gals expectations and happy gaming :D

And this thread would be about three pages shorter (but admittedly less interesting) if you said this instead of "just what we need, another generic first person shooter ZZZZzzzzzZZZZzzzZZZzzzz..... " in the first place. :P

Andy!! wrote: »
    How come so many mods on here are complete trolls? Take something out of context, get called out on it, lol I don't care I'll just do it anyway? Seriously.

Aside from the fact I am just a normal poster round these parts I'm not sure that that a facetious remark counts as trolling, but if so then it looks like taken me over 6,560 odd post to learn how to do it properly , so I must be a pretty slow learner.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Back to actually discussing Crysis 3 I'm glad to see that Crytek have replaced Richard Morgan as lead writer after the script he phoned in for the last one. Don't know anything about the new guy Steven Hall but surely he can't do any worse.

Yeah storyline has never been a strong point of Cryteks games.
    Its funny that Morgan was critical of other games storyline (Modern Warfare 2) and bland characters in (Halo and Gear of Wars) in the run up to the release of Crysis 2. Crysis 2 story and characters where extremely bland.

I think its the thing they need to improve most on.

• Advertisement

In fairness I wasn't being exactly serious the first time around, it was really intended as a bit of lighthearted strawmaning :). If I my time over I would have clarified this in the second post rather than going into cranky mode.

And this thread would be about three pages shorter (but admittedly less interesting) if you said this instead of "just what we need, another generic first person shooter ZZZZzzzzzZZZZzzzZZZzzzz..... " in the first place. :P

Aside from the fact I am just a normal poster round these parts I'm not sure that that a facetious remark counts as trolling, but if so then it looks like taken me over 6,560 odd post to learn how to do it properly , so I must be a pretty slow learner.

its being a boring tuesday on boards , was to have abit of wise cracking remarks to get people wild up and make it more entertaining , comon its the internet , i aint gonna get mad or upset when people make jokes , could of easily said ya im not interested and moved on but i got the keyboard warriors typing ..my job is done :D

Azza wrote: »

Yeah storyline has never been a strong point of Cryteks games.
    Its funny that Morgan was critical of other games storyline (Modern Warfare 2) and bland characters in (Halo and Gear of Wars) in the run up to the release of Crysis 2. Crysis 2 story and characters where extremely bland.

I think its the thing they need to improve most on.

I was quite excited when i heard about his involvement because he is certainly considered to be a very compenent sci fi writer. For whatever reason the results were very disappointing to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I think that really an awful lot more should be made of the suit in these games.

It feels like they've got huge scope to move in a completely different direction to most shooters and even to stealth shooters.

There were little touches like the stealth kill from behind with the knife and so forth but perhaps more variety how you can kill people.
    Throw cars at them, pick them up and throw them off buildings, throw them at other soldiers, choke them, upper cut them, perhaps have some weapons of a more medieval nature - javelins thrown with superhuman strength would be nice.

I also liked the introduction of the suit mods but ultimately, there wasn't a huge number of them and each one made the last obsolete. Perhaps making more centered to equipping the player for different playstyles rather than simple upgrades would give far more replayability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Nollog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Crysis is a stellar game. Warhead, too, is pretty good. I didn't like Crysis 2 much - graphically it's faultless, agreed, and it's certainly fun, but overall, it's a dismally diluted experience and regardless of how 'decent' it is, there's no escaping the fact that it's essentially a step back for those fans of Crysis. I actually downloaded Crysis for the 360 recently, points converted, it clocks it at €16, an absolute bargain. Against all expectations, couldn't believe how good it actually was - and simultaneously, started to question the apparent 'necessity' of the linearity of Crysis 2.

Anyone who's played Crysis 2 but not the original, I implore you absolutely, to check it out, at its current price point, it's a no brainer.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Crysis is a stellar game. Warhead, too, is pretty good. I didn't like Crysis 2 much - graphically it's faultless, agreed, and it's certainly fun, but overall, it's a dismally diluted experience and regardless of how 'decent' it is, there's no escaping the fact that it's essentially a step back for those fans of Crysis. I actually downloaded Crysis for the 360 recently, points converted, it clocks it at €16, an absolute bargain. Against all expectations, couldn't believe how good it actually was - and simultaneously, started to question the apparent 'necessity' of the linearity of Crysis 2.

Anyone who's played Crysis 2 but not the original, I implore you absolutely, to check it out, at its current price point, it's a no brainer.

Haven't played Crysis 2 yet but completely agree about Crysis and Warhead. Great games and a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

A bit off topic i know, but the free crysis 2 SDK is out there now to play with. Its running 3.4 of cryengine which is probably what the final game will be running so it should give you an idea of what the game will look like. (IMO it doesnt look all that different to C2, so dont get your hopes up)

I had a quick muck about with it yesterday, and got a prety sweet titanic model in game :D bad quality video tho, soz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Andy!! wrote: »
    Yup, the mods are the problem, even in the face of rubbish like this...
    its being a boring tuesday on boards , was to have abit of wise cracking remarks to get people wild up and make it more entertaining , comon its the internet , i aint gonna get mad or upset when people make jokes , could of easily said ya im not interested and moved on but i got the keyboard warriors typing ..my job is done :D

Anyway, nice little follow-up article here about what they're trying to do graphics wise for Crysis 3 on the consoles. On one hand, it's nice to see them using the higher end PC version as a baseline for features but with regard to the console version, I hope they stick to the "[they] will not include DX11 graphics features on console if they impact performance" line. The engine is already pushing the consoles pretty damn hard so I'd have hoped they go down the Warhead route and use the time to optimise the hell out of the engine rather than attempting to shoehorn in DX11 functionality using DX9 implementations.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Haven't played Crysis 2 yet but completely agree about Crysis and Warhead. Great games and a lot of fun.

They're good up to a point. Much like FarCry it was great fun stalking dudes, and in the case of FarCry being flanked by fairly clever dudes. Then the monsters show up and it all falls apart. Unlike the awful shaved gorilla models used in FarCry the Crysis 1 aliens looked great and the frozen landscape was amazing. Unfortunately it was just dull to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

gizmo wrote: »
    Yup, the mods are the problem, even in the face of rubbish like this...

Anyway, nice little follow-up article here about what they're trying to do graphics wise for Crysis 3 on the consoles. On one hand, it's nice to see them using the higher end PC version as a baseline for features but with regard to the console version, I hope they stick to the "[they] will not include DX11 graphics features on console if they impact performance" line. The engine is already pushing the consoles pretty damn hard so I'd have hoped they go down the Warhead route and use the time to optimise the hell out of the engine rather than attempting to shoehorn in DX11 functionality using DX9 implementations.

+1 on that. I have no problems with them using same engine, but pimping it out and make it more efficient. Crysis 2 engine is a beautiful engine, so why not to use it again.
    So why might see crysis 3 to play on bigger range of systems and a real system killer for enthusiasts.

It's not like it is cod engine, which is just plainly old and out dated.

• Advertisement

+1 on that. I have no problems with them using same engine, but pimping it out and make it more efficient. Crysis 2 engine is a beautiful engine, so why not to use it again.
    So why might see crysis 3 to play on bigger range of systems and a real system killer for enthusiasts.

It's not like it is cod engine, which is just plainly old and out dated.
    Well the engine used in Crysis 2 is the CryEngine 3, the same one they're using for Crysis 3. The enhancements they're talking about are the ones in the DirectX 11 update for the PC version whose absence *ahem* mildly irritated PC gamers.

Crytek have always been a (graphics) tech driven company so I guess it makes sense for them to try and get those features on consoles too. This won't stop them from optimising the engine in general of course, I just hope they mean it when they say they won't sacrifice performance for the sake of added shiny for our console brethren. :)

So more Crysis 3 screens and artwork.
    http://www.dsogaming.com/news/crysis-3-new-screenshots-and-artworks-revealed/

Looks pretty sweet.

omnomnom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

It looks good but I just can't shake the feeling that it appears more like an expansion pack rather than a sequel.

Gone abit quiet on this game. Crytek have started a series of videos called the 7 wonders of Crysis. I assume there will be 7 parts. Here are the first 3.

Here is two earlier videos of Crysis 3
    The first lets you choose your style of play.
    The second is a tech display.

I think it looks quite well in both terms of gameplay and graphics.

It's all very "Life After People". Looks great.

Sale on Origin today for Crysis 1 and Crysis 2 Maximum Edition.

Each is being sold for €5.

Oddly the expansion to the first game Warhead isn't on sale.

Crysis 1 is being bundled with pre-orders of Crysis 3 as well.

Open beta starting 29th January:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-01-23-crysis-3-open-beta-for-pc-ps3-xbox-360-on-29th-january
    There's an open multiplayer Crysis 3 beta for all platforms - PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 - only days away: 29th January.

It'll pack two team-based game modes and two maps. The beta will be live for two weeks.

One of the game modes will be Crash Site. In this, you and your team find and defend locations. And you kill the other team.

The other game mode is the inventive new Hunter mode. This starts with two players as Nanosuit-wearing hunters armed with the Predator bow. The other 10 people (14 on PC) are Cell troopers. The hunters hunt the troopers. Each time they kill one, the dead Cell trooper resurrects as a hunter.
    Crysis 3 is out in full on 21st February in Europe. If you pre-order you'll be upgraded to the Hunter Edition of the game, and you'll be given a free download of Crysis 1.

The Hunter Edition gives you the Predator bow and the Hunter Nanosuit module. The Hunter Edition boosts you up to multiplayer level five, adds a Predator bow skin and some extra dog tags.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

Gbear wrote: »

that hunter mode sounds deadly :) cant wait :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I sure hope its better than the closed alpha. It was terrible.

Advertisement