Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water gone east side

Options
  • 12-04-2012 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭

anybody else's water gone in Ballybane area. Noticed it gone bout 11pm. Didn't want to go botherin the neighbours at that hour to ask. Went for a few hours some weeks back too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Gone in Merlin Park too.
    Got a notice recently about supply interruptions due to the upgrade works.
    I guess it's part of that.
    It said interruptions would be announced on GBFM, I don't listen to it so don't know if there were any.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭xtradel

Water pressure very low in Ballybrit at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Haven't seen it myself, but am told that this is on the Council website:

Water Supply Interruptions
    Update 12am Thursday 12th April 2012 Interruption to Water Supply Eastside of City
    By WSIP User on 11/04/2012 19:43
    Galway City Council wish to advise the public that there is still an on-going issue with water supply in the Eastside of the city due to a major burst watermain off the Headford Road. Galway City Council crews have been working throughout the day repairing this watermain and it is envisaged that water supply will be restored by early morning. There will be widespread disruption to the Water Supply on Tuam Road, Monivea Road, Doughiska, Parkmore, Ballybrit, Ballybane, Briarhill , Renmore, Roscam and parts of City Centre.
    Galway City Council apologises for any inconvenience caused.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Water just back now. But low pressure alright.Checked the website last night but couldn't find anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

From galwaynews.ie

crap :(

RESERVOIR DRY ON EAST SIDE OF THE CITY
    Galway City Council will deploy water tankers to the east side of the city, because the Ballybane reservoir has run dry after a major pipe burst yesterday.

Water tankers will arrive to locations near the Ballybane church, and on the Doughiska Road this afternoon, with the exact time yet to be confirmed.

A twenty-one inch mains pipe, four foot underground, that feeds water to the Ballybane reservoir, is being repaired by the council, and they expect to finish late tonight, with water expected to return to domestic pipes by tomorrow morning.

It took council workers some time yesterday to isolate the leak coming from the Coolock reservoir to Bothar an Choiste, where remedial work continues.

The council warns that homes and businesses in Ballybane, Ballybrit, Mervue, and Renmore will continue to be affected by water outages until tomorrow morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭kevin65

Suffering loss of water pressure at work. Just managed to get a cup of coffee in the canteen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

How are hotels, restaurants, pubs etc. managing without running water?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Not to mention all the big workplaces out east.

At least one of 'em was getting tankers in this afternoon, and had very limited (and smelly!) toilet facilities available

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭kevin65

Still no water in the canteen boliers where I work this morning, making do with large flask type dispensers for hot water. Is the mains break not fixed yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭AlbionCat

lost water last night at briarhill end of Doughiska. Also know the KFC had no water as well. Still not back this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

http://www.galwaynews.ie/25268-reservoir-dry-east-side-city

Apparently water has been restored now, but I don't know if it's permanent.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Ours came back yesterday afternoon, pressure was low for a while but back to normal by the evening. Latest from the city council on their website:

http://www.galwaycity.ie/
    Reservoirs refilling following watermain repair

Water supply has now been restored to the majority of households and business which were without supply on Thursday. This follows the repair of the burst watermain by Galway City Council Water Services.The reservoirs on the eastside of the city have been refilling overnight

Unfortunately, a number of houses and estates on higher ground in the Ballybrit area may still be experiencing difficulty with supply. It is expected that full service will be restored by Friday afternoon.

Galway City Council apologises for the inconvenience caused and would like to thank householders for their

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

I woke up yesterday morning with a sound of heavy water running, realised it wasn't raining. Hoped it wasn't something about to cause structural damage, then walked into the kitchen to find the tap gushing and couldn't think why. Poltergeists or something? But this explains it, must have turned tap on and not got anything out of it then neglected to shut it.

Was also wondering what exactly that big tanker thing was outside the closed hotel on Doughiska road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Whats the story with the water supply?
    Stopped at 20.30. Noticed the tanker outside the racing lodge

we have ours? all evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭paulgalway

Gone in Ballybane since 8:30om

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 301 ✭✭surime

It was supposed to be Wednesday and Thursday 8- 12, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭paulgalway

surime wrote: »
    It was supposed to be Wednesday and Thursday 8- 12, no?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AvrilQT

How many more times is Galway city council just going to turn off the water without warning? So the website says the latest stoppage will be between 8pm and midnight on April 18th & 19th, which is bad enough (hit those of us who are at work all day and use the water when we get home, why don't you?). But today was April 17th, which makes me wonder if we're to be without water for 3 nights in a row? Why not
    rotate the shut down times?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

What was that tanker actually supposed to be for? Struck me on looking at the size of it that if people were actually going to tap into it it would be gone in about 5 minutes.
    Not sure how big an area one tanker was covering. Assumed that the one outside the Amber House was supposed to cover a large part of Tur Uisce at least. if not the estate across the road too.
    So unless I'm missing the point and it was actually supposed to be an emergency precaution, ready for firefighting or something I just don't get it.
    Or was it getting refilled frequently?

• Advertisement

Our water has a lovely milky white quality this morning.
    Any chance the corpo are going to sort this out soon. I'd like to think that the service will improve once they're skimming my bank balance.
    But I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭emptybladder

Our water has a lovely milky white quality this morning.
    Any chance the corpo are going to sort this out soon. I'd like to think that the service will improve once they're skimming my bank balance.
    But I wouldn't hold my breath.

Are you serious? I wouldn't drink it if I were you:

http://www.galwaynews.ie/25415-asbestos-water-mains-‘not-risk’-health

More of Ciaran Hayes' bull

I'd more or less come to that conclusion myself. But thanks for the concern.

no water here in doughishka? Galway city council website says between 10pm and 3am the water on would be off but evening time......?

Never mind, I found another article with 8pm-2am on it!

Advertisement