Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

ahhhh don't you just love the rain : )

Really looking forward to going out for a run in it later. Not a hint of sarcasm here. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm all excited! I'll try take a pic and post it on Saturday before I go. My dress is turquoise, shoes and shawl are black, I have a black bag that I'm going to bring, I'm going to get my hair cut on Friday. Need to put tan on as well and paint my nails silver. :D

Not sure about bf's tie though.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/456394_10150715475061622_530441621_9493025_110742060_o.jpg

all that effort, but they still wrote "your in for a real treat"

my in for a real treat?!
    is it because my worth it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

bluewolf wrote: »
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/456394_10150715475061622_530441621_9493025_110742060_o.jpg

all that effort, but they still wrote "your in for a real treat"

my in for a real treat?!
    is it because my worth it??

first time i saw that ad i wet myself laughing!!

i still havent left my bed :o

but on the plus side i have done some work :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

The Adele version of "I can't make you love me" is stuck in my head for the last two weeks. Its one of those songs that probably would have made me fall apart last summer - stunningly beautiful but really hard hitting - the fact that its stuck in my head NOW is puzzling... worlds most depressing song!

Oh god, she didn't?

I can barely take it when it's George Michael. There shall be tears methinks.
    cdaly_ wrote: »
    Oh my!

Still, has Matt Smith...

Yeah, when I should have been squirming I got very distracted by his tongue. I think that lessened the ick-factor for me at the time, but probably increased it in retrospect.

My poor brain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Lol Suzie, when I went to the States everyone around me was piling on the weight but I couldn't find any good chocolate so I was a one-woman Biggest Loser competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Well 7 questions down 30 more to go!
    I answered that question about 'used to' being a modal auxiliary verb and some waffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Getting there with study for tomorrows exam :)

Also, LMP & Das, this is the song that's making me funny at the moment....

And Which One of Us by him as well, but I can't find a video.

• Administrators Posts: 53,706 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

awec wrote: »
    Good win for yous in the end.

Any suggestions on where an Ulster man can watch the final in Dublin and enjoy the craic without annoying anyone or being annoyed? :pac:

At home :P

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,706 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Damn cat was beside me, rolled on her back and let one rip, she then looked quite pleased with herself. The stink of her!

I don't know what to think about this but I'm doing the telf course and going on boards every now and then but I'm getting annoyed by grammar nazis (at other people not me) it just seems so pointless I don't see the point in arguing grammar when it's not the point of the thread.

Orla K wrote: »
    Damn cat was beside me, rolled on her back and let one rip, she then looked quite pleased with herself. The stink of her!

I don't know what to think about this but I'm doing the telf course and going on boards every now and then but I'm getting annoyed by grammar nazis (at other people not me) it just seems so pointless I don't see the point in arguing grammar when it's not the point of the thread.

hello I am a grammar nazi and I have a problem :p:o

hello I am a grammar nazi and I have a problem :p:o

Well at least you know you have a problem that's the first step to getting help!:pac:

But seriously I don't mind talking grammar but when someone is completely derailing a thread and annoying a newbie then I get annoyed with the stupidity of it all.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

But seriously I don't mind talking grammar but when someone is completely derailing a thread and annoying a newbie then I get annoyed with the stupidity of it all.
    I always have to resist the urge to point out that 'loose' is not the same as 'lose.' :o

i have a god awful headache!

i sprayed too much fabreeze in my room its my own fault!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Because (for me anyway) it's extremely frustrating to have to read through hundreds of posts that use the wrong 'your'/'you're' or 'there'/'their' or whatever. Fair enough if you have dyslexia or English isn't your first language or something, but the majority of people who do it are just lazy and couldn't be bothered learning how to use the English language correctly. Or so I've found anyway.

Posy wrote: »
    I always have to resist the urge to point out that 'loose' is not the same as 'lose.' :o

You're/your and been/being kills me

I genuinely find a lot of these things more difficult to read if they're riddled with such errors. Especially if they could very vaguely be correct.
    Like weary/wary
    "I'm weary of going into the park at night"
    = stop going then?
    But no, turns out they mean wary...

You're/your and been/being kills me

i hate text speak and people using numbers as letters! :mad:

my cousin spells you as yhooo or yhu.....:mad:

also there they're and their THERE IS A DIFFERENCE....KNOW THEM!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Had to miss lunch for the second day in a row. I'm a diabetic ffs, this is not safe and not good for me.

I feel really ill now. :(

• Advertisement

Because (for me anyway) it's extremely frustrating to have to read through hundreds of posts that use the wrong 'your'/'you're' or 'there'/'their' or whatever. Fair enough if you have dyslexia or English isn't your first language or something, but the majority of people who do it are just lazy and couldn't be bothered learning how to use the English language correctly. Or so I've found anyway.

Why should it matter if the message of the post is clear. I just don't understand why those little things matter so much to some people. I don't know I don't think I'm going to get why/how it annoys people so much. Just let people use the language the way they want as long as the message is clear.

It isn't always clear
    It does take longer to read and decipher

that said I'm pretty lazy about punctuation on chat threads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Albection wrote: »
    Had to miss lunch for the second day in a row. I'm a diabetic ffs, this is not safe and not good for me.

Not good news, is it because work or something is busy? Any chance of grabbing a small snack even? It must be hard keeping the blood sugar levels balanced. I used to be friends with a girl who was diabetic and she had trouble trying to keep them stable.

Why didnt you eat lunch?

It isn't always clear
    It does take longer to read and decipher

that said I'm pretty lazy about punctuation on chat threads

Most of the time it is clear, especially if you read a post as a whole rather than read a sentence.

That being said if something is in txt, putting in numbers instead of letters and a post without punctuation or paragraphs I just can't do it.

I'm starting to think I should've left the post about the farting cat and not mentioned grammar nazis, I'm wondering* have I opened a can of worms

*Actually I'm always a little disappointed when people use wondering when it should be wandering, it always happens in american films/tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

It's work related, but it's unnecessary. I'm currently working under someone who's just not really with it and keeps sending us to do long tasks and because we need to travel from site to site, there's no time for lunch. Even without lunch, I'm still a bit late, which doesn't look like it's going over too well.

Not as bad as the guy who intentionally deprived me of the chance to go to lunch. He knew what he was doing and actually seemed to delight in it. Did it to all the other med students though. :mad:

Most of the time it is clear, especially if you read a post as a whole rather than read a sentence.

That being said if something is in txt, putting in numbers instead of letters and a post without punctuation or paragraphs I just can't do it.

I'm starting to think I should've left the post about the farting cat and not mentioned grammar nazis, I'm wondering* have I opened a can of worms

*Actually I'm always a little disappointed when people use wondering when it should be wandering, it always happens in american films/tv

Ah it's nothing worth arguing about :)

*offers a biccy*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Okay, so I managed to get dressed today! Still kind of having a mini lazy day :) I've got a spare 15 quid on my card so I might do some browsing and see what I could buy :D

So miserable outside!

Noooo! I went to save my progress on the questions and the page didn't load. I've lost about 8 answers!

• Advertisement

It's work related, but it's unnecessary. I'm currently working under someone who's just not really with it and keeps sending us to do long tasks and because we need to travel from site to site, there's no time for lunch. Even without lunch, I'm still a bit late, which doesn't look like it's going over too well.

Not as bad as the guy who intentionally deprived me of the chance to go to lunch. He knew what he was doing and actually seemed to delight in it. Did it to all the other med students though. :mad:

So eat on the way?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement