Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Acoshla wrote: »
    I didn't know what hypermobility was...so I googled it, and it brought up photos of things I can do! :( I thought everybody could touch their thumb off their wrist, fold fingers over each other, it has been pointed out before that my fingers bend back weirdly far but I thought that was the only weird thing!
    I'm the same. My fingers bending all directions is my party piece. Had to get lots of physio on my ankles and shoulders for it tho. Having a jelly body isn't much fun.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    Enjoy your night all, I'm off out and im pretty snattered :D
    Have fun, Duck :)

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Mars Bar wrote: »
    It's €50 for the appointment first. So it cost €350 altogether.

Although these have a lifetime guarantee and it should be years upon years before I have any reason to replace them.
    As if €300 wasn't enough.
    I didn't know what hypermobility was...so I googled it, and it brought up photos of things I can do! :( I thought everybody could touch their thumb off their wrist, fold fingers over each other, it has been pointed out before that my fingers bend back weirdly far but I thought that was the only weird thing!
    Me too.

Whenever my bf squeezes my hand is just goes like rubber, whereas if I squeeze his, after a few seconds all I hear is "ow, stop".
    Lucyfur wrote: »
    I've been working full time since I was 16....not working now cos I'm back in college but I finish on the 22nd and I've work lined up for the following week... And it's €400 per foot;)
    I honestly don't know how you manage it, along with bills, rent, car tax/insurance/petrol etc. :eek:

I would freak if I had to pay the guts of a grand for my feet. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I honestly don't know how you manage it, along with bills, rent, car tax/insurance/petrol etc. :eek:

When you have to find money for something you do, you just cut back on all things that aren't necessities. A friend of mine has a mortgage, rent, bills, food, etc, and €4000 a month to pay off a loan :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

As if €300 wasn't enough.

Me too.

Whenever my bf squeezes my hand is just goes like rubber, whereas if I squeeze his, after a few seconds all I hear is "ow, stop".

They're not my feet. They're my son's feet, big difference there;)

I've spent thousands on all kinds of treatments for him. I actually spent thousands on one kind of treatment. Some are worth it, some weren't but I'd do each and every one of them all over again.

His feet are important, especially while he's growing. He gets terrible pains when his insoles stop working. He also has hyperkeratosis on his feet so his insoles are made from a special breathable material. That probably hikes the price up a bit.....

As Acoshla said, you find the money...and I'll always find the money for him:)

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

When you have to find money for something you do, you just cut back on all things that aren't necessities. A friend of mine has a mortgage, rent, bills, food, etc, and €4000 a month to pay off a loan :eek:

And its amazing what you end up considering "not necessary". I do remember a particularly poor point in studenthood where eating anything other than spuds was a luxury. Only for fortnightly feeds at the mothers, I would have got scurvy or something.

I cant understand some who think that stuff like getting highlights or bikini waxes are "necessities"

They're not my feet. They're my son's feet, big difference there;)

I've spent thousands on all kinds of treatments for him. I actually spent thousands on one kind of treatment. Some are worth it, some weren't but I'd do each and every one of them all over again.

His feet are important, especially while he's growing. He gets terrible pains when his insoles stop working. He also has hyperkeratosis on his feet so his insoles are made from a special breathable material. That probably hikes the price up a bit.....

As Acoshla said, you find the money...and I'll always find the money for him:)
    Fair play to you Lucy, you sound like a wonderful mother, your son is lucky to have you.

Fair play to you Lucy, you sound like a wonderful mother, your son is lucky to have you.

Not at all...shur anyone would do that for their child...well, most would but we won't talk about the people who wouldn't cos they make Lucyfur cross and cross Lucyfur is rather scary:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Neyite wrote: »
    And its amazing what you end up considering "not necessary". I do remember a particularly poor point in studenthood where eating anything other than spuds was a luxury. Only for fortnightly feeds at the mothers, I would have got scurvy or something.

I cant understand some who think that stuff like getting highlights or bikini waxes are "necessities"

But they are! What are you talking about crazy lady?? All I have to get me through this life is my smooth bikini line and my perfectly highlighted hair :D

My Dad wouldn't, he doesn't do many things in life that aren't of benefit to him and him alone. Luckily my mother is slightly more generous! :p:)

Yup yup...My son's ''dad'' hasn't seen him in years, used to drink everything we had, stole money from my son and left me with a HEAP of debt. However, the best thing he ever did for us was walk out:D Life is awesome with no sh1tebags in it:D:D

Yup yup...My son's ''dad'' hasn't seen him in years, used to drink everything we had, stole money from my son and left me with a HEAP of debt. However, the best thing he ever did for us was walk out:D Life is awesome with no sh1tebags in it:D:D

I deleted that comment just as you quoted it, I had second thoughts on it, he's a very selfish man but at the same time sometimes he'd do anything for me, so my brain is conflicted, in case you're wondering where it's gone :) My Dad isn't a bad guy, he should just never have married my mom or had kids (and the marriage is her fault because it was her idea, therefore it's her fault they had a kid too, he's lovely but not very clever so she gets the blame!:p)

Will I delete where I quoted you?

Will I delete where I quoted you?

Meh, don't mind either way :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Any chance of any recipes? I'm mad after a good chicken curry. I've got two recipes so far to try, but wouldn't mind having a few more lol.
    The cooking club has some really good looking recipes by curry addict! I#m dying to try them after the exams :)
    I pay €400, PER INSOLE for my son. It's insane.
    Flat as pancakes. He's double jointed and has hyper-mobility too so he's NEVER going to grow out of it. And he needs new insoles 3 or 4 times a year.
    I think your son and me might be twins. Except for me being a decade or so older, and not your kid and all :P My insoles cost €800 about 2 years ago and I need another new pair badly, no money for them atm though. Hopefully I might be able to get some during the summer if I get enough hours from work!

+1 to what Muffin said btw, Lucyfur = supermom :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

I showed him this and he said "Aw :(". Serves him right. He made my dinner and half cleaned the kitchen, humph, it's something I guess.

Oh I feel kinda bad now, I don't even know him and I was cross at him on his birthday...I hope your dinner was nice though!
    Neyite wrote: »
    I've been inviting my brother over for dinner once a week or so since just before the exams, it's his first year in college and he's just eating crap while he's studying and doing exams. He came over one week and I apologised that the veg were a bit soggy cos it was a day-old curry. He said that the fact that they were veg was the important bit because he'd been on the verge of scurvy.

Oh I feel kinda bad now, I don't even know him and I was cross at him on his birthday...I hope your dinner was nice though!

Don't feel bad!

Pudsey and Ashleigh won BGT, awesome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

I know, hurray for them! (Ashleigh and Pudsey!) It's amazing, we've had one of our dogs for around 6 years and she still can't grasp the concept of fetch...

• Advertisement

I know, hurray for them! (Ashleigh and Pudsey!) It's amazing, we've had one of our dogs for around 6 years and she still can't grasp the concept of fetch...

I've had my dog 14 years and she couldn't fetch to save her life. The whole concept is totally lost on her:p

The cat, however, is awesome at fetch:D:D

More wine anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Mum called me to tell me Chaz Bono was on Brendan O'Connor. I think I missed that bit, but it was kinda nice of her :)

Our doggy can do loads of tricks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Lola92 wrote: »
    More wine anyone?

i quite like this mixed with Weezer! Strangely good! :D

Our doggy can do loads of tricks :)
    Far to early for one of my replies to this :D

• Advertisement

i some how managed to leave my phone charger at home this week!

but on the plus side free house tonight! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Have spent today in work, hungover, getting the utter piss ripped out of me for last nights rendez-vous with the boy from work..... guess taking chances pays off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Happy birthday Das Kitty and Lola! :D Hope you both had a fabulous day ye deserve it!

Whoever came up with the idea of putting exams on a Saturday needs to take a cold, hard look at themselves -.- EU certainly wasn't a pleasant experience but it also was far from the worst exam so I can't complain too much really. :)

My last exam is on Wednesday and it's arguably my favourite subject so I'm not too worried. I've an appointment with one of my old lecturers after the exam to talk about PhDs which is very bizarre but should be interesting at the very least, and probably a lot of fun too :)

Also, I texted X at 1pm to ask if he's free for lunch next week and he hasn't replied yet. C'mon man, you're killing me here! :p I've been on edge ever since, really hope he gets back to me soon so at least I'll know when I'll see him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

He just got called into work, bahaha!

bahaha good enough for him :P Open a bottle of wine for yourself ;)

Anyways! Just got home from work, feet are killing me :) Looking forward to some good food (jalapeno poppers /drool) and tv and bed :)

Eating noises :mad:

I do NOT want to hear your teeth chomping. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Eating noises :mad:

I do NOT want to hear your teeth chomping. :mad:

I hate that :mad:

Makes me self conscious too, especially when I'm eating taytos in a quiet room :o

Oh dear lord, he just brought me in Malibu and Pringles. All is forgiven. *swoons*

Oh dear lord, he just brought me in Malibu and Pringles. All is forgiven. *swoons*
    With wine? Someone's gonna be a pukey lukey tomorrow :p

Kiera wrote: »
    With wine? Someone's gonna be a pukey lukey tomorrow :p

Never! Stomach of steel!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I have so much study to do this weekend :(

On the plus side, come 4.30pm on Monday I'll be done with this degree! :eek: :)

I'll be done with mine as well on Monday when I hand in my last assignment! Celebrations Monday night

Hyper - too much, hypo = too little :D

Wrecked tired, could hardly get out of bed this morning at 9 to go training. Up early tomorrow, playing Meath at home :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

bubblefett loves whiskey. And you guys. You guys are cool.

*may or may not be drinking and loving the world

Myself and boyfriend swapping embarrassing stories about teenage relationships now, why are mine always worse?? :o And I keep seeing things about that teenage ex today so it's grossly fresh in my mind, all the mortifying teenage drama floods back :p So far today I've seen him mentioned on boards, two different facebook pages and a thing in the paper, social media has a lot to answer for! :p

John called me to tell me that he is out in a bar and Don't Stop Believin' is on (it's our song :P) and sang it down the phone to me. Love that boy something serious. :D

The cooking club has some really good looking recipes by curry addict! I#m dying to try them after the exams :)

I think your son and me might be twins. Except for me being a decade or so older, and not your kid and all :P My insoles cost €800 about 2 years ago and I need another new pair badly, no money for them atm though. Hopefully I might be able to get some during the summer if I get enough hours from work!

+1 to what Muffin said btw, Lucyfur = supermom :)

Lola, is it the usual aches and pains in your legs that make you think you need a new pair?...Trying to figure out if he'll still need them as an adult...

John called me to tell me that he is out in a bar and Don't Stop Believin' is on (it's our song :P) and sang it down the phone to me. Love that boy something serious. :D
    Is John X?

• Advertisement

You sooooo need to tell him, you really, really do:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

My parents went to a party and brought me back cakes and desserts! :D:D:D

Kiera wrote: »
    Is John X?

No, he's one of my best friends though :) And we both sang Don't Stop Believin' at X's birthday party a few months ago so since then it's been our song and he knew I was in a bit of a crap mood most of the week which is why I think he was a dote and called me to sing to me!
    You sooooo need to tell him, you really, really do:D:D

He already knows I love him ;):D I probably should have been more clear that John isn't X, sorry guys! :o

Lola, is it the usual aches and pains in your legs that make you think you need a new pair?...Trying to figure out if he'll still need them as an adult...

Yep more or less lucyfur. I used to get serious pains in my calves when walking up any sort of an incline at all, even just a set of stairs, and they are starting to pain and tense up again when I'm walking. I have rock hard calves after about 5mins of walking even on the flat. If I ever wear a pair of shoes that don't fit my insoles I really feel it and suffer for it the next day too, one of the reasons I have almost completely given up on heels.

Well in that case, you need to tell X....:D

Yep more or less lucyfur. I used to get serious pains in my calves when walking up any sort of an incline at all, even just a set of stairs, and they are starting to pain and tense up again when I'm walking. I have rock hard calves after about 5mins of walking even on the flat. If I ever wear a pair of shoes that don't fit my insoles I really feel it and suffer for it the next day too, one of the reasons I have almost completely given up on heels.

It must be horrible:( I have hypermobility too but I've great arches...my monkey has cried with the pain:(
    I always buy him proper shoes/trainers too, cheap ones are just a waste:(

Well in that case, you need to tell X....:D

I'm on it ;) He seems to have dropped off the fact of the earth though, nobody has seen him today! I picked a bad day I think, keep forgetting it's Saturday and he probably had work, in which case I can't even guarantee he saw the text or if he did he probably intended to reply later but forgot or something. But don't worry, I'll make absolutely sure I tell him :D He's emigrating in a few weeks so I have to do it soon! Stupid situation is complicated in a whole variety of ways but he needs to know anyway, and I really need to tell him to preserve my own sanity so I'm not always wondering "what if?" once he's gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Went to Wagamamas there tonight for the first time and don't see what the fuss is all about at all! I could've easily made better noodles myself. Very meh.

I enjoyed the coconut ice-cream though...impossible to find that in this country!

I'm on it ;) He seems to have dropped off the fact of the earth though, nobody has seen him today! I picked a bad day I think, keep forgetting it's Saturday and he probably had work, in which case I can't even guarantee he saw the text or if he did he probably intended to reply later but forgot or something. But don't worry, I'll make absolutely sure I tell him :D He's emigrating in a few weeks so I have to do it soon! Stupid situation is complicated in a whole variety of ways but he needs to know anyway, and I really need to tell him to preserve my own sanity so I'm not always wondering "what if?" once he's gone.

This. Life is just too short. I'm really hoping he loves you too:)

• Advertisement

Do it!! Say it to him! :D

Lucyfur is right....life is way too short for what ifs!! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement