Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

That's crap Pixie-Fairy, will you be capped at 40 now in August?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Hair appointment in an hour, still undecided on fringe... Think I'll just flip a coin on my way in the door and see what happens!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Honey-ec wrote: »
    I loves my new FB profiler :D

577347_10151097580627678_552147677_13369475_1868489454_n.jpg

You going to the final?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

You going to the final?

Oh hell yes! Longest week EVER already. It's been Tuesday for at least three days now... Flying out at 9.30am on Saturday morning, back that evening. Going to miss the RDBP12 final, though, I'm going to Italy on Wednesday for for a wedding :mad:

*high five*

Flying out at 7pm on Friday here. Cannot fcuking wait.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

*high five*

If you're flying Ryanair, make you you've checked in online before 4pm on Friday.. their site is going down for the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

If you're flying Ryanair, make you you've checked in online before 4pm on Friday.. their site is going down for the weekend.

http://www.newstalk.ie/2012/featured-5-slideshow-homepage/check-in-now-ryanair-com-24-hour-closure-this-weekend/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

grrrrrr, really annoyed!

I ordered stuff from truffleshuffle over 2 weeks ago, never arrived but it said in their confirmation e-mail that orders to Ireland can sometimes take up to 15 days, no problem there. So yesterday morning I received an e-mail from them saying "we hope you are happy with your purchases, please fill out this review", so I e-mailed them and said that I still hadn't received my order. No problem they said, we'll send it again by recorded post this time to ensure safe delivery. Grand, says I. So this morning I had another e-mail from them asking me to fill in a "lost in post" form, again, no problem. Filled in the form and clicked on confirm and continue and was met with the message that 3 of the items I ordered are now out of stock :mad:

On top of that, 2 of the things they say are out of stock are actually in stock according to their website.

Stupid bloody website!

Aer Lingus on Friday, Ryanair on Monday. Will check in for the flight home later today, need to wait until 30 hours before the flight if I don't want to pay to reserve seats on Aer Lingus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Have failed a ten credit module, because I'm clearly an illiterate idiot who can't read the date right. I studied all night for Innovation. That exam is TOMORROW morning, and Survey Methods, which I thought was tomorrow, was this morning.

Yes, I was that girl crying in the exam hall. I only found out my mistake 10 minutes before the exam started.

My second one today didn't go great either; I've passed but this morning has just thrown me and my attention span is just gone :(

I'm sure you did a lot more study for it than the night before you were planning to

it'll all be ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Oh hell yes! Longest week EVER already. It's been Tuesday for at least three days now... Flying out at 9.30am on Saturday morning, back that evening. Going to miss the RDBP12 final, though, I'm going to Italy on Wednesday for for a wedding :mad:

Hey Honey so is there something on in the UK to do with Ireland and sport yes? My friend booked flights to go over this weekend and she said prices from Dublin and Cork were shocking but half the price to fly from Kerry so they're going from there, I feel I have a vague memory of hearing there's something sporty on over there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭branbee

Myself and my daughter took a walk to the shop in this lovely sunshine and she got a slush puppy- something i haven't had in years! I forgot how tasty they are! Yummy!

awec wrote: »
    Is this a serious question? :D

Yes, why? Not everyone is into sport...

thats my take on it as well except i didnt know it involved the uk

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

*high five*

Me too! What flight?? Am on stansted one!

The excitement!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

D3 Is out today : D

• Advertisement

Acoshla wrote: »
    awec wrote: »
    Is this a serious question? :D

Rugby Heineken cup final is on in twickenham.

Plus there's some other soccer nonsense on as well. I think it involves west ham.

Maple wrote: »
    Me too! What flight?? Am on stansted one!

The excitement!

Aer Lingus to Heathrow :cool:

Better not be as many flies in T2 as there was the last time I was there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

OLSC guide to the final available:http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/images/content/OLSC_Guide_to_London_2012.pdf

There's a couple of concessions in both airport terminals offering discounted food & drinks on presentation of your match ticket.

This is gross so spoiler:
    The burn on my hand just tore open because I forgot about it and lifted something not very heavy but heavy when you've a burn

This is gonna be a tough week of work with this burn :(

tell me you've gone to get hydrogel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

People wreck my head. I made a facebook study group for my friends where we organised group stud sessions and if anyone had any questions about anything I'd do my best to help, I put up lots of my own notes and stuff as well and links to all the reading lists etc. You'd think people would be grateful for this, but no, not at all.

One of 'em posted asking a fairly specific question which I answered in detail. He then replied with "ah ok almostnever, that makes sense. What Irish cases show that? What time is our exam tomorrow?" Now, there is absolutely no way that it made sense unless he knew the Irish cases, so basically he wanted me to hold his hand through explaining the most basic aspects of the topic instead of a) reading his own notes b) reading the notes on the topic I uploaded or c) READING THE SAMPLE ESSAY I UPLOADED THAT ANSWERED THE SPECIFIC QUESTION. :mad: Also, he seems to be completely unfamiliar with the concept of an exam timetable. It's this wondrous schedule that tells you what exams are on in what places, and at what time. Oh, and did I mention that there's a direct link to the timetable on the study page? :rolleyes: Absolutely ridiculous. When I set it up I thought it'd be a good place for us to discuss things, where EVERYONE would contribute to some extent but it just turned into me holding hands through things that are easy to access and sometimes even common knowledge. Just going to study on my own and not go on facebook for the rest of the day, anyone who honestly can't acquaint themselves with a timetable or the comprehensive notes RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM is on their own.

Just don't bother! I found this out pretty early on in 1st/2nd year. You do group study sessions or group projects and there is ALWAYS people who never do their bit and just take ALL the time.

Now, I just have study sessions with two classmates and it works. They are reliable and bring something to the study sessions. And they are never a waste of time. I avoid these so-called 'takers' now. They will NEVER offer anything up and if they ever do, its a load of shíte.

Also, re the timetable thing. I was Class Rep this year and I got many texts from lazy arsed classmates asking me what classes we had, what room we were in? Fair enough, if there was a problem with the timetable that I had to sort but no, it was lazy assed or stupid (not sure which) who couldn't be bothered to check the timetable for themselves. Being class rep does not mean I'm the keeper of the fukin timetable.

Ahhhhh, not doing it next year. WHoop! :D

Am nope, I didn't, totally forgot about that stuff, will get boyfriend to check chemist tomorrow for it. It was fine over the weekend because I wasn't working.

Am nope, I didn't, totally forgot about that stuff, will get boyfriend to check chemist tomorrow for it. It was fine over the weekend because I wasn't working.

yeah get some it's magic
    hope it improves quickly then xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

When I'm trying to plan meals I usually start by checking out Aldi's super six offer where they have six fruit and veg for really cheap. So looking at this week's selection I'd plan things like broccoli and courgette quiche, maybe a stew with the potatoes, carrots & parsnips, etc. Helps keep the costs down a bit! :) And I think Tesco has a similar offer too.
    Thanks a million for this, hadn't thought of checking it lol :o

Did anyone else get an email from Yahoo! about them adding a new folder called "synced messages", they sent me an email about it, this is what it said
    Important information about your Yahoo! Mail account
    Dear Yahoo! Mail User,

This is regarding your Yahoo! Mail account with the ID **********. At Yahoo!, ensuring the safety and security of your data is important to us, and we know how critical your email is to you. We recently experienced an issue syncing emails for some of our users when accessing email from an IMAP device such as an iPhone or an Android phone. Emails that you might have moved from your inbox to folders (including the trash folder) may have been temporarily unavailable. We fixed this issue and recovered emails that may not have been synced to the right folder.

This is what you can expect to see:

- We have automatically added a folder called "Synced Messages" to your email account today located in the left navigation of your inbox.

- Our systems identified emails that may have been subject to the syncing issue and added them to the "Synced Messages" folder.

This is what you should do:

- Open the "Synced Messages" folder and move any messages you wish to keep to the inbox or your other personal folders.

- After you move the messages you wish to keep, you can delete the remaining messages in "Synced Messages" folder as well as the folder itself. The "Synced Messages" folder will remain in your account until you delete it.

At Yahoo!, we strive to give you the best email experience possible. We apologise that some email was not synced properly, but please rest assured that this issue is now resolved.

If you have any questions, please visit our help pages where you can find more information: http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?y=PROD_ACCT&page=content&id=SLN5223&locale=en_GB

Kind regards,

The Yahoo! Mail team

In the new "synced folder" I had two message, from 28 August 2011, even though I cleared out my inbox before Christmas and no email from 2011 are in my email :confused:

Seems like a strange email to get, no?

OLSC guide to the final available:http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/images/content/OLSC_Guide_to_London_2012.pdf

There's a couple of concessions in both airport terminals offering discounted food & drinks on presentation of your match ticket.
    :D thank you for that!

• Advertisement

You can't help but feel good about yourself when half your dinner plate was veggies and you actually enjoyed them :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'm from Limerick and don't watch rugby, the confused looks I get off people never gets old. "see the match?" "what match?" "wha...what..the match, THE MATCH!" *shrugs*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I was supposed to be going to the Coronation Street Musical in the O2 with my mum, she's a big fan. Just found out it's postponed. :(

Ah well, was going to go up shopping for the day as well but I suppose the old credit card will be glad of a rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

The new puppy's neck is finally healed :) Vet gave us the all clear to put a collar on him today. It's silly but it's like now that he has a collar he's officially ours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Thats lovely bubblefett!

had an amazing (drunken) weekend which has probably made me put on so many pounds!

i have taken up a hobbie! crochet! i used to do it in primary school and with the help of youtube, i'm back making a blanket again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Stooopid exams.

Managed to mess up beautifully today, I have another tomorrow, and my brain is fried. I can't study any more! :mad: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Well tonight I ended up in the emergency room with seriously crippling stomach pains, was seriously worried I had picked up one of the dangerous bugs I've managed to avoid thus far. Again India has impressed me with it's medical facilities; I was seen by a doctor immediately and got an abdominal x-ray done within 15 minutes. They reckon I'm okay, gave me some antibiotics to take tonight and I've to go back in the morning to see someone else for an ultrasound.

I'm just amazed how quick everything was, plus between the consultation, the x-ray and the antibiotics it only cost about €8. In and out of the hospital (which was super clean by the way) in an hour. AN HOUR!! Are you listening, HSE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Payday and I'm broke already, roll on 15th June.

Evening ladies, you all look lovely today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Stupid fiance (i love saying that!) gave me his stupid sickness and i'm dosed! :(
    Got benylin night and day tablets after work so waiting for them to kick in.

Hope everyone's exams are going ok xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Had a very productive day off- got up early and walked the on mile trip to the doctor to renew the prescription I'd been meaning to get for ages, hopped on a bus to the bank to sign a few bits for my APPROVED loan (yippee!), got my prescription in the pharmacy along with a 25% discount on some lovely Vichy goodies, walked the 2.5miles home, went for a wee bit of shopping with my mum, came home and wrote up my staff's roster for next week, had dinner and am going to hop in the shower now, give myself a good scrub and slap on a bit of false tan afterwards. Going to the cinema later this evening to see "The Lucky One" with my best girlish bud,AND it's my birthday tomorrow!!

• Advertisement

sarahbro wrote: »
    Stupid fiance (i love saying that!)

Hey we're opposites, I hate saying it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Trying to study with cramps from hell is NOT very fun at all.

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Well tonight I ended up in the emergency room with seriously crippling stomach pains, was seriously worried I had picked up one of the dangerous bugs I've managed to avoid thus far. Again India has impressed me with it's medical facilities; I was seen by a doctor immediately and got an abdominal x-ray done within 15 minutes. They reckon I'm okay, gave me some antibiotics to take tonight and I've to go back in the morning to see someone else for an ultrasound.

I'm just amazed how quick everything was, plus between the consultation, the x-ray and the antibiotics it only cost about €8. In and out of the hospital (which was super clean by the way) in an hour. AN HOUR!! Are you listening, HSE?

So jealous, like it's actually unbelievable how jealous I am :(

I got a letter from WRH this morning saying I'm back in the Orthopaedic Clinic re: my fractured ankle on 23rd May, "your appointment is at 9.30a.m., please note we aim to see you as close to your appointment time as possible, however, because of the nature of the service and the number of patients attending, clinic waiting times may be unpredictable and delays are sometimes unavoidable", the last time I was in there I waited 3 hours just for an x-ray and a new cast to be put on :mad::mad::mad: I don't know why they can't just give patients individual appointment times, instead of sending out 50 letters stating an appointment time of 9.30a.m./10a.m.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Missing my favourite person in the world and wondering how I'm going to cope without her for ten weeks ........I'm so sad without her input into all the Lil insignificant things that no one else appreciates !!!!!!! Time is going so slowly !!!!!!!

Shared a house a few years ago with three other girls, all are married with 2.4 kids (one has 3, one had 2, and another has 2.4 since the .4 is in utero!). I know they are feeling sorry for me, because I'm not married and don't have kids... they never understood that those things, while wonderful for them, never really had much appeal to me.... I'm delighted for them, of course, but their ideal lives are my idea of torture!! I just take their kindness as they mean it though, it'd be too hard to explain "I DON'T want to get married, and I DON'T want kids!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

One of my best friends from uni is engaged, another has a 4 month old baby and another is engaged and 3 months pregnant!
    We're all 22!!

They're all really happy but if it was me I think I'd be like "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Lilmissprincess and Pixiefairy, sorry about your exam mix ups. :(
    I hope things work out for you both despite this. xxx

Yay, Bubblefett- delighted the puppy is now 'official.' :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ooh, forgot to say hope you feel much better soon, SusieQ!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Sick all day, only after rolling out of the bed about an hour ago. Thankfully my appetite is back.

Bing Bang Theory is on :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

So jealous, like it's actually unbelievable how jealous I am :(

I got a letter from WRH this morning saying I'm back in the Orthopaedic Clinic re: my fractured ankle on 23rd May, "your appointment is at 9.30a.m., please note we aim to see you as close to your appointment time as possible, however, because of the nature of the service and the number of patients attending, clinic waiting times may be unpredictable and delays are sometimes unavoidable", the last time I was in there I waited 3 hours just for an x-ray and a new cast to be put on :mad::mad::mad: I don't know why they can't just give patients individual appointment times, instead of sending out 50 letters stating an appointment time of 9.30a.m./10a.m.

I had an appointment like that last year for 9.00 - doctors only arrived in at 9.45, to start a backlog in the system. Got my appointment with the orthopaedic surgeon for two weeks time, after waiting over two and a half years on the public system

Stuck inside on a beautiful evening doing a supervision - really need to lern how to say no to things in future!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement