Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

Sick. Spent all day in bed thinking. Depression central. Days like this make me even more sure moving to Oz is a good decision. Lifes too short to be unhappy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

I had an appointment like that last year for 9.00 - doctors only arrived in at 9.45, to start a backlog in the system. Got my appointment with the orthopaedic surgeon for two weeks time, after waiting over two and a half years on the public system

I've experienced this from the other side of the coin.

On both of the orthopaedic teams that I've done work placements with, we've always started at about 7:30 or 8:00 but have to do ward rounds on the inpatients who've either had operations recently or have some other reason that means that they have to stay in the hospital.

We then arrive down to clinics, finding them already full of patients even though there was never anyone available to staff them for the times that they've been given.

I missed my stupid fecking exam this morning!!

I though it was later than it was!!

Shítballs!!!!! :mad::(
    Have failed a ten credit module, because I'm clearly an illiterate idiot who can't read the date right. I studied all night for Innovation. That exam is TOMORROW morning, and Survey Methods, which I thought was tomorrow, was this morning.

Yes, I was that girl crying in the exam hall. I only found out my mistake 10 minutes before the exam started.

My second one today didn't go great either; I've passed but this morning has just thrown me and my attention span is just gone :(

Hope you're both ok. Understandable mistakes to make. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 TinaKennard

My right arm got chopped off yesterday! It feels verrrrrrrry weird!! I don't think my body can function without it...!! And the pain....... Dear god!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

My right arm got chopped off yesterday! It feels verrrrrrrry weird!! I don't think my body can function without it...!! And the pain....... Dear god!!
    What? How did it happen?

Hope you'll be OK soon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Albection wrote: »

On both of the orthopaedic teams that I've done work placements with, we've always started at about 7:30 or 8:00 but have to do ward rounds on the inpatients who've either had operations recently or have some other reason that means that they have to stay in the hospital.

We then arrive down to clinics, finding them already full of patients even though there was never anyone available to staff them for the times that they've been given.

the system is mad tbh - the people sorting the appointments know that the team must do rounds to see other patients, and this goes for other specialities as well, yet put appointments starting from 8.30am on, as if the consultants, as good as they are can be in two places at once

Sitting in the bosses office, looking out at the beautiful blue sky :(

Also just realised that the book I'm reading, I've read before - read a line about a memorial plaque for a girl who was murdered years previously, and it was that detail that made me realise I've read it already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

the system is mad tbh - the people sorting the appointments know that the team must do rounds to see other patients, and this goes for other specialities as well, yet put appointments starting from 8.30am on, as if the consultants, as good as they are can be in two places at once

Sitting in the bosses office, looking out at the beautiful blue sky :(

Also just realised that the book I'm reading, I've read before - read a line about a memorial plaque for a girl who was murdered years previously, and it was that detail that made me realise I've read it already

I've done that before with books. It seems vaguely familiar until you get to a point where you suddenly remember everything that happens in the book :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

What the ****?! :eek:

It's insane. And there's also the fact that although everything is supposed to be on computers, there are some departments that still have the "appointment book". And the computer system. That's two systems for the same clinic.

My dad has routinely shown up for his out-patient treatments only to be told that his appointment is actually in X number of days. But then someone mysterious shows up and reveals the appointment in the book, brings him in and then swans off elsewhere, leaving the same mess to unfold minutes later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Albection wrote: »

I experienced the "other side" when I was in hospital. I was visited by the Orthopaedic Surgeon (or "bone doctor" as the nurse called him because she obviously thought I was completely spaced on the morphine lol!) at 9a.m. and he stayed with me for 15 minutes. This same guy happened to be the one that saw me at the Fracture Clinic the following week so I know he was probably off with other patients before he appeared at the clinic. Still doesn't change the fact that the system here is an absolute disgrace regardless of what people are paid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

SexyD4Lady wrote: »
    Going to the cinema later this evening to see "The Lucky One" with my best girlish bud,AND it's my birthday tomorrow!!
    Happy Birthday for tomorrow! :)

Wow... what happened? Are you not on seriously strong pain killers? Hope you recover quickly!

Exam 2 of 4 completed today, went quite well I think! Sorry to hear about ye're mishaps LMP and Pixiefairy. Susie_Q feel better soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Ok so after i got home i ended up lying in bed for a while and slipped into such a depression

two of my friends came over and dragged me out of bed and made me go to town and im glad they did!

i realised it is not the end of the world i can repeat! But im not getting my 2:1 though :(

and i got a really nice hug off a amnesty international guy before running away! :pac:

It is quite funny though...my lecturer nearly wet herself laughing at me as did my sister her boyfriend and my mam hahaha

onwards and upwards people!!! The past is the past, no point tormenting yourself over it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I've discovered the joy of Gino's icecream in the sunshine, and being able to wear a pretty (and rather flattering chest wise) string top around town without freezing and seeing le boy...

Its my baby brothers 16th birthday today, so Mammy be feeling old. And then I go and cry on her. Twice. Poor woman rang me back 20 minutes later to make sure I was still standing I was crying so hard.

Stress and sleep deprivation don't mix, and I've another one in the morning :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Ok so after i got home i ended up lying in bed for a while and slipped into such a depression

two of my friends came over and dragged me out of bed and made me go to town and im glad they did!

i realised it is not the end of the world i can repeat! But im not getting my 2:1 though :(

and i got a really nice hug off a amnesty international guy before running away! :pac:

It is quite funny though...my lecturer nearly wet herself laughing at me as did my sister her boyfriend and my mam hahaha

onwards and upwards people!!! The past is the past, no point tormenting yourself over it!!

Glad to hear you're feeling better x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Oh good God the skin on my burn is moving independently of my body and tearing like wet paper
    , I feel ill :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh no, Acoshla! That sounds awful. :eek: :(

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Note to self: breaking in brand new sandals by walking 3 miles in them is not nice to your feet. You will get blisters that hurt no matter which shoes you wear the next day :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Woohoo I got work for tomorrow and have a new fit into wedding dress plan so feeling motivated.

Acoshla that sounds horrific

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Acoshla you poor thing, that sounds awful!

Awec, glad to hear we don't need to send out a search party. :P

Oooooouch, Jujibee- your poor feet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Dear. Good Friend,

Please don’t be surprise by receiving my message, I got your contact during my searching in internet for a reliable, trust worthy and Honest person with the fear of God to introduce this Bank to Bank transfer project with you, Only if I can trust you and you must promise me to keep this transaction utmost secret/confidential to your self alone.
    Lol.

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Dear. Good Friend,

Please don’t be surprise by receiving my message, I got your contact during my searching in internet for a reliable, trust worthy and Honest person with the fear of God to introduce this Bank to Bank transfer project with you, Only if I can trust you and you must promise me to keep this transaction utmost secret/confidential to your self alone.
    Lol.

Well now you've just gone and blown it!! He told you not to tell anyone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

I haven't posed in a while with exams and all - but have still been following everything :) This thread has literally had me laughing in bed at night (my mother probably thinks I'm having a breakdown :D)

Despite spending the last 3 weeks in a room studying - I think I'll have to repeat the year or drop out and do something else. I know it's my own fault for leaving it so late, but I thought I'd get enough done in the time off to at least pass. 2 went ok (as in I should get 40%) but the rest have been awful. In my exam yesterday I was wrecked (nerves meant I got a grand total of 1 hours sleep that night) and so confused. Spent more time staring at the paper....:(

I just couldn't make myself try work things out. A lot of my exams have been like that and it's worrying. Sitting there for 3 hours just not able to attempt what I should know?

Honestly don't think I'm cut out for it all.

Totally unprepared for maths tomorrow. Have an awful headache...

Good luck to everyone else with exams :) After tomorrow I'm climbing into bed for a few days :cool:

kate.m wrote: »
    I just couldn't make myself try work things out. A lot of my exams have been like that and it's worrying. Sitting there for 3 hours just not able to attempt what I should know?

Happens from lack of sleep

do your best to sleep well - if you don't know the stuff the night before you might as well be on your best form to attempt it in the exam

had another listening test in german today
    everyone "omg that was so HARD!!"

me: i got 14/15... it was fine...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Lol.

omg you're so lucky, when is a most splendid and honest gentleman going to serve me such greatness and luck with some fortunate findings of monies to be successfully transfered to my bank? wheennnnnn?!

Lol.

YUSSSSSSS!!! FREE MONEY! Just what I needed :D

Kate I know it's easier said than done but TRY not to panic. You can repeat your exams in autumn I'm presuming? Get through your maths exam as best you can, see how you get on and then regroup. Even if you take all of June off completely then start slowly it might work better for you than cramming so much into 3 weeks?? Just try not to panic and do your best tomorrow for a start then see where you are at

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Been having such a lucky day. Got a text to say that I've won 2 million dollars as well!

Edit: watching "Paddies down under" and it's so embarrassing. Why in the name of fcuk would you travel all the way to Australia just to exclusively associate with Irish people and sit in playing Kings like you would at home? Talk to some fcuking Australians, it's no wonder they're starting to hate the Irish.

Been having such a lucky day. Got a text to say that I've won 2 million dollars as well!

Share!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I wish it was Thursday so I could go and buy a new wok. Really fancy learning how to do a nice stir-fry with ****take mushrooms and the like. I've yet to have any of my "restricted vegetables" so I look forward to getting reaquinted with leeks and onions.
    Anyhoo, time for night meds and beddybyes. Talk to y'all tomorrow. Have a nice night! *hugs to all*

krudler wrote: »
    omg you're so lucky, when is a most splendid and honest gentleman going to serve me such greatness and luck with some fortunate findings of monies to be successfully transfered to my bank? wheennnnnn?!

I'm right here baby. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Looking at the Life Event section on Facebook and started adding bits and pieces to it, I'm surprised at the things I've accomplished in 4 years haha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Just back from seeing the Avengers, it was saaaavage.

Heehee, I want!
    That looks so much fun!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Acoshla wrote: »
    Oh good God the skin on my burn is moving independently of my body and tearing like wet paper
    , I feel ill :(

Yikes! That sounds like a week off work with that properly bandaged etc or you're going to end up with bad scarring. Off to the doc with you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Yikes! That sounds like a week off work with that properly bandaged etc or you're going to end up with bad scarring. Off to the doc with you...

Ha, no can do week off work, self employed with orders due!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

"Hulk?....smash"

• Advertisement

One of the best movies I've ever seen. Just the perfect amount of everything!

Favorite bit is
    Where the Hulk ragdolls Lokie

Heart breaking moment
    Phil Dies *sniffle*

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ohhh my head hurts *falls over*

ohhh my head hurts *falls over*
    Study? :(
    Or just general head hurtage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Ascohla, Jesus. I hope you're okay. Mind yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Yes I'm drunk so I apologise if I got your name wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

So.....many.....pints...

Loving boy more than ever

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Lying in bed feeling more sick than I usually do at night time. :( I've no idea what's wrong with me, and no doctor does either but I just always feel faint and weak along with my head hurting and a lot of my bones. It is just not fun! :(

I can't focus and study for the exam in the morning. :(

And I have a bad pain in my leg. :(

Can't sleep and I have a strange craving for fruit. Going to do a healthy food shop tomorrow and cut out more crap. The wether has been killing my buzz lately but gonna make a serious effot to put in a good workout later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Was back at the hospital again for yet more sterling treatment. Had an ultrasound which was an interesting experience - turns out for an abdominal ultrasound they require you to have a full bladder. If you go in and your bladder isn't full, they send you out again to wait... so you fill your bladder as full as you can and then you have to sit there jigging and dancing until they call you in. Very unpleasant! Also saw a consultant and he was amazing... he was so thrilled to hear that I live and work here (rather than being a tourist) that he gave me his personal mobile number if I want to ring him at any time. Incredible.

Got a truckload of medicines and all the all-clear on the scans so thumbs up. Total cost today for ultrasound, consultant visit and prescriptions: €16.50.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement