Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Acoshla wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind ending up like that like my Nan, recognises most people, doesn't know she's sick, has fantastical nights out in her head. For her 90th the reality was we brought a cake to the home she's in where she's bed bound and can't speak great (but can eat cake for Ireland), she told us she went to Listowel for a night out with a guy she just met and got arrested for drunkenly dancing in the street. :)

My grandma was the same way. Every time I would call her to check in she would tell me about the lovely holiday she was on and the lovely view from her window of the mountains, or the beach depending on where she "was", when really she was practically blind and in a nursing home. After my grandfather passed away she was always convinced he was off on a mission, since he used to be in the military.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

one.more.exam.......ONE :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I've had one glass of wine and now I'd love to go out for the night, I miss being a student, Thursday nights were awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

I can haz go sleepies under the table until nasty exams go bye bye, yes?

Yes.

Yays!

/dances for joy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

bluewolf wrote: »
    all i want to do is sleep sleep sleep

i'm broken!

i'm getting 8-9h solid sleep a night

Me too!

Although I woke at 6.20 this morning because my room is so bright with the light. Very light and bright curtains suck. Gonna have to start hanging black bin bags on my window if this is gonna be the case for the summer...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Is that because of your fiery loins? :p

.............yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

I've had one glass of wine and now I'd love to go out for the night, I miss being a student, Thursday nights were awesome!

I'm the same, one Bulmers and I'd love ta keep drinking and go out :rolleyes:

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    I'm the same, one Bulmers and I'd love ta keep drinking and go out :rolleyes:

And I was literally just about to suggest to boyfriend that we go to the pub for a few, invite some friends, and he got called into work :( So there goes that plan.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Me too!

Although I woke at 6.20 this morning because my room is so bright with the light. Very light and bright curtains suck. Gonna have to start hanging black bin bags on my window if this is gonna be the case for the summer...

that kind of thing normally hits me too but i've been so deeply asleep i dont think anything could wake me but the alarm :confused:
    very odd

sitting here reading tagesschau.de and listening to the weather report in amazement that i can understand what's going on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Girlfriend is cooking for me for once!

Also, assembled the gigantic shelves I got in IKEA, so I can take all my dvds out of boxes at last. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Was supposed to be going out tonight but we decided to stay in eating and watching tv instead.

I guess calories from chocolate are better than calories from G&Ts!

Totally wrecked, so happy that we're staying in watching The Good Wife.

And I was literally just about to suggest to boyfriend that we go to the pub for a few, invite some friends, and he got called into work :( So there goes that plan.

Aww :( My bf won't go out :/

Where does your boyfriend work? He always seems to be gettin called in!

your boyfriends job needs a punch in the balls, must be a right pain in the arse not being able to plan things or do stuff last minute, couldnt imagine being on call like that, I likes my free time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

tomissex wrote: »
    Just got some upsetting news about a family member. Don't want to post details as nobody really knows yet but it's the C word :( Hopefully everything will be ok, big shock to the system though.
    Sorry to hear this *hugs*

I've had a horrible tension in my head all day, wish it would sod off, don't know what's caused it :(

Gonna go some exercise now, hopefully it'll help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

Started back at burlesque tonight. Praying my ass will lift back up 2 inches that it has dropped. The OH will have to deal with it! I didn't realise how much I missed it

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

ihsb wrote: »
    Started back at burlesque tonight. Praying my ass will lift back up 2 inches that it has dropped. The OH will have to deal with it! I didn't realise how much I missed it

Your other half doesn't like you going to burlesque? Why ever not?

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Your other half doesn't like you going to burlesque? Why ever not?

Well, I never perform... stage fright you see. And my ass gets firmer so it giggles less. So he complains :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

ihsb wrote: »
    Well, I never perform... stage fright you see. And my ass gets firmer so it giggles less. So he complains :D

Hehehe.

But seriously, I've never heard of a guy complaining about a firm ass. Especially when it's the result of burlesque dancing!

Haha, *jiggles. Such a fool.

Ye well... men do be mad :p

Gah! Half way into the workout and I'm wrecked already and have horrible pains in my abdomen from the exercise!

I can't even do freaking push up's. I manage to lower myself to the ground and can't get back up using my arms to end up going onto my knees and getting up normally :(:o

Feels like I'll never get rid of this stupid freaking pot belly. I can't even manage some simple push up's. Crying over it ffs.

How can I not manage some simple push up's?! Feel like a twat! :(

• Advertisement

i had to go get an present for the head of my course today

The woman is so hard to shop for!! :mad:

Got it all sorted now im just waiting to organise when we can meet with her!

before that i have to study!! and my belly hurts :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Just read that the taller you are, the greater your risk of cancer. I'm pretty much screwed, I'm six foot! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

lizt wrote: »
    Just read that the taller you are, the greater your risk of cancer. I'm pretty much screwed, I'm six foot! :p
    That's bollox!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Ever seen the Daily Mail list of things that give you cancer?
    If they were right I'd be dead a million times over. :pac:

http://hellokinsella.posterous.com/the-daily-mail-list-of-things-that-give-you-c

Kiera wrote: »
    That's bollox!

Apparently for every four inches you are over five foot, your risk increases.

You never know what to believe these days, apparently pretty much everything causes cancer. :rolleyes:

That's bollox!

Yep, it's absolute nonsense.

Don't believe everything (most things, really) you read in the papers/online ;)

That's bollox!

Apparently for every four inches you are over five foot, your risk increases.

You never know what to believe these days, apparently pretty much everything causes cancer. :rolleyes:
    Where on earth did you read this tripe?

Several online news outlets. Google cancer height connection to find out more.

Gah! Half way into the workout and I'm wrecked already and have horrible pains in my abdomen from the exercise!

I can't even do freaking push up's. I manage to lower myself to the ground and can't get back up using my arms to end up going onto my knees and getting up normally :(:o

Feels like I'll never get rid of this stupid freaking pot belly. I can't even manage some simple push up's. Crying over it ffs.

How can I not manage some simple push up's?! Feel like a twat! :(

push ups take time, same as chinups and pullups, I could barely do one pullup when I started now I can do a few dozen before I tire out, more you do the better you get. I find it easier to do pushups on my knuckles rather than the flat of my palms. do whatevers comfortable

• Advertisement

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    Aww :( My bf won't go out :/

Where does your boyfriend work? He always seems to be gettin called in!

Emergency services.
    krudler wrote: »
    your boyfriends job needs a punch in the balls, must be a right pain in the arse not being able to plan things or do stuff last minute, couldnt imagine being on call like that, I likes my free time

Ha, I'm used to it now, but yep, we nearly broke up over it in the first year of it. Now I just get sick of explaining it to everyone, most of my friends get it at this stage but there were a lot of conversations consisting of me saying "Yes, on call every day", "no, it's not shift work", "yes, even on Christmas/Saturday nights/etc" :p

Several online news outlets. Google cancer height connection to find out more.
    Do you have any links to the ones you read? I don't need to google it to know its a load of crap tbh.

Do you have any links to the ones you read? I don't need to google it to know its a load of crap tbh.

If it's published in the Lancet, it's not a load of crap. http://www.ox.ac.uk/media/news_stories/2011/110721_1.html

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Links234 wrote: »
    Also, assembled the gigantic shelves I got in IKEA, so I can take all my dvds out of boxes at last. :)
    Oh, I just love Ikea! :D
    Did your shelves have a name? I got a bookcase and Ikea had christened it 'Billy Bookcase' so now Billy has all my books. :)
    I find it easier to do pushups on my knuckles rather than the flat of my palms. do whatevers comfortable
    I'm CRAP at pushups (and all physical exercise..) but I have to do them on my knuckles because I have banjaxed wrists.. and gammy knees. I'm just in great shape generally. :cool:

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

My working week is finally over, phewww. Thought it would never end! Off to Galway for a few days in the morning, excited!! :D

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    Oh, I just love Ikea! :D
    Did your shelves have a name? I got a bookcase and Ikea had christened it 'Billy Bookcase' so now Billy has all my books. :)

I'm CRAP at pushups (and all physical exercise..) but I have to do them on my knuckles because I have banjaxed wrists.. and gammy knees. I'm just in great shape generally. :cool:

I love IKEA too! I get a weird sort of pleasure putting furniture together. I have these in my room, took forever to put together!

Just read that list of what causes cancer.

If my estimates are right, I've about half an hour to live.

If it's published in the Lancet, it's not a load of crap. http://www.ox.ac.uk/media/news_stories/2011/110721_1.html
    A lot of cancer studies are crap and I suppose a lot aren't. At least research is constantly happening every day.
    If any of these studies eventually go towards finding a way of making this horrible horrible disease fcuk off, they'll be worth it.

Out of the 6 people I know who died of cancer, the tallest was about 5'9. So yeah, I still call bollox. One study does not make it right!

I love IKEA too! I get a weird sort of pleasure putting furniture together.
    Me too. I take the thousands of screws out of the box, the hundreds of bits of wood and dozens of strange bit of plastic and the one tiny diagram and think "Challenge accepted. I will BEAT you."

• Advertisement

push ups take time, same as chinups and pullups, I could barely do one pullup when I started now I can do a few dozen before I tire out, more you do the better you get. I find it easier to do pushups on my knuckles rather than the flat of my palms. do whatevers comfortable
    Do you mind me asking, did it take you long? I've been trying them for two weeks and still have made sod all progress.

When I'm in position, if I lower myself a little bit I can use my arms to push myself up, but if I lower myself closer to the ground, I have to go onto my knees and get up as if I'd been kneeling down.

I should add that I do the exercise in my bare feet or sometimes my slippers as I have no proper runners. Wish to god I had the €120 for my runners and insoles so I could at least take up running as well as do exercise properly.

Posy wrote: »
    A lot of cancer studies are crap and I suppose a lot aren't. At least research is constantly happening every day.
    If any of these studies eventually go towards finding a way of making this horrible horrible disease fcuk off, they'll be worth it.

Oh I agree completely! I just saw the article about the link and made a flippant comment about it, which maybe I shouldn't have done :o.

right me and the rest of my class need to give the head of our course the present but we dont know how to do it without leading on that we got her something

any suggestions??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Exam which should've been really horrendous today because I hadn't done half enough work went okay, phew! Also I will NOT do that again, I will be more prepared for the rest...only 2 more to go!

My best friend made me dinner tonight because of all the exam horribleness, and then I stayed talking to her for 3 hours. It's been ages since we had a chat, was really nice to see her and talk about something other than study.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

right me and the rest of my class need to give the head of our course the present but we dont know how to do it without leading on that we got her something

any suggestions??

Pretend there's some last-minute exam question that you urgently need to discuss with her?

Pretend there's some last-minute exam question that you urgently need to discuss with her?

i cant, the exam isnt for her! :(

might not be the best of ideas to bombard her office no??? :o

This is a cheap shot, but I'm gonna say it anyway :p

The Lancet published Andrew Wakefield's article in 1998 which suggested that autism was linked to a form of bowel disease and the MMR. It was subsequently retracted, and Wakefield has been struck off the medical register.

Journals publish a lot of good studies, and a lot of piss poor studies. The fact that something is published in a journal doesn't mean it's a good quality study, unfortunately. And often times studies (like this one) don't establish (or even attempt to establish) causation. So when the media get a hold of the press release, you get headlines and articles which mislead the general public into thinking a "link" equate to causation.

But I suppose it sells more papers than "but there's a lot more to it than that...." :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Tomissex, sorry to hear your news. It must have been quite a shock.

SuzieQ, I love your India stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I'm pooped.

Eating so badly lately, it's really getting to me. Need to lose weight, but can't get my willpower in check. Gah.

Incoherent post is incoherent.

Tomissex, sorry to hear about your family member xx

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Emergency services.

Ha, I'm used to it now, but yep, we nearly broke up over it in the first year of it. Now I just get sick of explaining it to everyone, most of my friends get it at this stage but there were a lot of conversations consisting of me saying "Yes, on call every day", "no, it's not shift work", "yes, even on Christmas/Saturday nights/etc" :p

Does he not have any set work hours at all? :eek: Or is it just a case of when you're called in, that's the only time you work?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement