Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I feel sadder in the summer months too. Maybe it's from being separated from friends. Also most of the ****ty things that happened in my childhood happened in summer months. That could be it equally.

Funny thing is, when we went on honeymoon to Iceland, it never got dark at all, but there was something so energising about the light up there. And the earth too, you can nearly feel the thrum of it in your bones. Such an amazing place. (At least once a month I go on about Iceland on here!)

That sounds spectacular! It's gone on the possibilities list :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

anyone who has an iphone download an app called TourWrist, its free and its brilliant, you can take a panoramic shot of anything and upload it, then see other peoples, you move the phone around and its like you;re looking around a landmark or viewpoint, saw a cool tagged pic of Times Square on new years eve, nice little app.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I feel sadder in the summer months too. Maybe it's from being separated from friends. Also most of the ****ty things that happened in my childhood happened in summer months. That could be it equally.

Funny thing is, when we went on honeymoon to Iceland, it never got dark at all, but there was something so energising about the light up there. And the earth too, you can nearly feel the thrum of it in your bones. Such an amazing place. (At least once a month I go on about Iceland on here!)

reminded yet again that i really want to go there! :)

head is killing me, im very tired, fed up, want home pls...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Hi all, hope everyone had a good weekend. I was in Galway for a few days for my birthday, went to this place yesterday and got to hold an eagle on my arm and feed it a chicken's head! It was possibly the coolest thing I've ever done. :D I'm now unnaturally depressed about the thought of being back in work tomorrow, boo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Hi all, hope everyone had a good weekend. I was in Galway for a few days for my birthday, went to this place yesterday and got to hold an eagle on my arm and feed it a chicken's head! It was possibly the coolest thing I've ever done. :D I'm now unnaturally depressed about the thought of being back in work tomorrow, boo!

Happy birthday :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Happy Birthday TeletextPear!

I missed the train like an eejit this morning, standing on the platform at 7.43 watching it pull away... wasn't meant to leave until 7.45!! :mad: Ended up getting the bus at half 9 and spending two hours on the bus with a toddler who was refusing to take a nap. Bloody cranky aul bint behind us started ranting at me to 'control my child' when Ella said hello to her? :confused: I wouldn't mind but she was sitting in my lap and turned around, waved and said 'hi-hi'. I know some people aren't exactly kid lovers but that is just ridiculous :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

TeletextPear how awesome is that place?! Please tell me you met Boo the hawk? We did the Hawk Walk with him and my boyfriend fell in love, it was 3 years ago and he's like a child any time a Harris Hawk comes on tv, saying "Boo? It's Boo! Hi Boo!" :p

Lola92 wrote: »
    Happy Birthday TeletextPear!

I missed the train like an eejit this morning, standing on the platform at 7.43 watching it pull away... wasn't meant to leave until 7.45!! :mad: Ended up getting the bus at half 9 and spending two hours on the bus with a toddler who was refusing to take a nap. Bloody cranky aul bint behind us started ranting at me to 'control my child' when Ella said hello to her? :confused: I wouldn't mind but she was sitting in my lap and turned around, waved and said 'hi-hi'. I know some people aren't exactly kid lovers but that is just ridiculous :mad:

train her to throw up on rude people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

I finished my exams! :D

And Happy Birthday TeletextPear. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Happy burpday Telextpear! (Story with that username? It's brilliant, so random :D )

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Yaaay! Well done. :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Jealous:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Thanks for all the happy birthdays!! :D
    Happy burpday Telextpear! (Story with that username? It's brilliant, so random :D )

It's from this incredibly weird cartoon, I think I was watching it around the same time I set up my boards account!
    Acoshla wrote: »
    TeletextPear how awesome is that place?! Please tell me you met Boo the hawk? We did the Hawk Walk with him and my boyfriend fell in love, it was 3 years ago and he's like a child any time a Harris Hawk comes on tv, saying "Boo? It's Boo! Hi Boo!" :p

We saw Boo!!! We didn't get to go on the hawk walk, didn't realise we had to pre-book it til afterwards. But we were there for a flying display so I got to put the glove on and have Batty the eagle eating from my hand, it was awesome. If I lived near there I think I'd go every weekend haha. We'll definitely be back for the hawk walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

I done did finished my examinables toos! :D:D

They did breakaded my brain.

/passes out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I decided to have a bit of a nap at about half 12. I've only just woken up and I woke up because the window was open and there was noise something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Happy birthday TeletextPear :D

It's a lovely day and I'm being contrary by sitting inside reading :p The good weather is wasted on me! Nah, it's just that I don't have any suncream left and if I go outside for ten minutes without it I'd burn to a crisp!

Going to the cinema later with one of my bestest friends, haven't seen her in aaaaages! Can't wait to catch up with her. :)

bluewolf wrote: »

That is definitely a plan!

I JUST GOT A JOB OFFER!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D
    Full-time starting Wednesday for the summer, from the interview I was full sure I messed up bad. So delighted!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Got accepted into the degree program I've been wanting to do. Now I have to decided whether I'm going to be studying part time or full time. I'm happy that I'm finally taking this step :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭branbee

Just found out my ex has been with someone else. I still had a little hope we'd get back together :-(
    I feel so sick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Congrats too all who've gotten good news! :D

And happy birthday TeletextPear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Hugs Branbee, it sucks but it will get better - and you will find someone loads better :) Promise!!

Congrats OakeyDokey and Lola92, fab news.

Also congrats to all of ye finished exams. I had my meeting with my lecturer who is the loveliest woman ever, she was nearly crying for me when I told her whats happened - have the process ahead of me now but theres no big mad rush on it which is great. Life is looking up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Mars Bar wrote: »
    My aunt died today. What an amazing woman. Fought a battle for 43 of her 48 years. She still managed to be the life and soul of the parties we had and she treated almost all of her nieces and nephews like the children she could never have.
    Life is unfair.

So sorry to hear this Mars Bar..... Thinking of you love xx:)

Happy relaxing time to all of you finished exams!!

Best of luck to all of you starting new academic avenues and jobs. On my phone so cannot quote everyone!!
    Ye know who ye are xx:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

bluewolf wrote: »
    I like the cut of your gib!

I think I will train my baby to be an asshole repeller....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭branbee

Hugs Branbee, it sucks but it will get better - and you will find someone loads better :) Promise!!
    p.

After six years and a child together, its hard to believe. Just feeling awful sorry for myself right now! Thought knowing he was with someone else would help me to start moving on but it just seems to have made me feel so much worse!

I'm still falling asleep.
    I think I might try some bulletproof coffee. I have some unsalted butter so might as well try it and see is it nice or horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

I was sick last week and spent a few days in bed. Ended up feeling really down. I dunno why, im moving to Oz in a few weeks. Should be over the moon.

This morning I couldnt even get out of bed to go to work. I dunno, that probably sounds weak but its hard to explain.

Decided to go see my GP. Still feeling a bit dodgy from being sick but I suppose really I just wanted to talk to someone. Nearly cried while talking to him. No idea why! Pretty surreal experience really. Glad I went though. Again, I dont know why, but I feel better after talking to him.

Its not like there was any big interrogation. I just talked to him. I dont have any big problems or anything. But before I went in I felt like the weight of the world was on my shoulders. Feel better now.

Havent cried in years, weird to come close with a complete stranger talking crap about going travelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I only went and left my brand new New Look denium jacket on the bus today. *smacks self* I phoned up Harristown Garage to see if it's been handed in but currently, no luck. The guy at the end of the phone was lovely and patient as I tried to explain what happened in a flustered tone. So far, there's a dispatch out but I'll have to call back later to see if it turns up.
    I hope so.
    I loved that jacket. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

We think our friend is missing. No one has seen or heard from him since Saturday night when he wandered off on his own, drunk. He didn't show up for work today and his phone has been off since. :( I hope nothing has happened to him and that he's just decided to take a little time to himself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Well done Albection! Hope your brain gets better soon. :)

Congrats on the job offer and the course, Lola and OakeyDokey! xxx

Novella wrote: »
    We think our friend is missing. No one has seen or heard from him since Saturday night when he wandered off on his own, drunk. He didn't show up for work today and his phone has been off since. :( I hope nothing has happened to him and that he's just decided to take a little time to himself.

Novella I hope your friend is okay. Has someone checked his house or talked to family etc. yet?

I have to ask people (academic people!) to be referees on my post grad application. "um, hi, I was in your class and you gave me good grades plz plz vouch for me if they ring you, kthxbye".

One got, awaiting reply from another :eek:

:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Hope you are ok. It's a horrible feeling. Has anyone reported him missing/ talked to his family?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Novella I hope your friend is okay. Has someone checked his house or talked to family etc. yet?

Yeah, his family haven't seen him either. He hasn't been home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Oh God, Novella. Hope your friend turns up soon. Sometimes people take off for a while and don't realise how worried others might be about them.

Edit: if he was drunk the last time he was seen, perhaps check with some hospitals? He may have had a mishap on the way home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Hope that your friend is okay Novella. Second what Faux said, about checking hospitals.

Today is a good day. :) Good times.

Oh god, Novella, that must be terrifying. Hopefully he'll come home soon. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help spread the word... pictures or whatever so we can keep an eye out for him.

*hugs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

20 days to an Easter egg, Easter egg, Easter egg. 20 days to an Easter egg, early in the morning :)

(Giddy!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Thanks for the kind words :) It's going to be a bit funny starting college now when most of my class mates are going into their final years :rolleyes: I don't mind though I'm delighted how things are working out right now.

I think if I had went into college after school I would have more than likely dropped out, now that my head is good and lifes not messy I'm more than determined. I'm sick to the teeth of the remarks from people about my education like it's their business what path I take towards it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Bulletproof coffee is good! and I'm getting into answering these questions now. I'm finally awake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Sorry to hear about your aunt Mars Bar, and I hope your friend turns up soon Novella. Thinking of you both x

Congrats to Physiology and Albection on finishing exams! Bet you're both delighted! And well done Lola on getting the job, and Oakey Dokey for getting your course! Quite a few happies today :)

Get to see my friend and her baby again tomorrow for a walk. I hope she's coping okay, I think the summer will be tough for her as her friends are living it up while she's looking after a baby she never expected. She loves the baby but I still can't imagine how hard this must be for her.
    Don't wanna work tonight :(

Oh, happy birthday Teletext Pear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Happy Birthday, hope you have a fab day :_
    I JUST GOT A JOB OFFER!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D
    Full-time starting Wednesday for the summer, from the interview I was full sure I messed up bad. So delighted!! :)
    Congratulations, hope all goes well with your new job, good luck. :)
    OakeyDokey wrote: »
    Got accepted into the degree program I've been wanting to do. Now I have to decided whether I'm going to be studying part time or full time. I'm happy that I'm finally taking this step :):)
    Congratulations, hope all goes well with college, good luck :)
    So sorry to read this Novella.

My dad went missing for a couple of hours a few months ago, and those few hours were absolute torture when the police, his family/friends etc were all looking for him, so I can kind of understand how you feel right now. Luckily my dad was found, and although he spent some time in hospital, the relief we all felt when he was found was immense. Just knowing that he had been found, was a huge relief.

If you want you can PM me at any time, if you just want to chat, rant etc. I really hope your friend turns up soon and he is safe and well.

*hugs*

I haz now acquired the go-ahead from both referrees. That was much easier than I thought it would be! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Did my turbo outside in a string top this morning then went for a run. Sun burn on both shoulders. At least I have proof of our 4 hours of summer. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Someone is using my ovaries as stress balls again :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Last exam tomorrow. Sick with nerves:(

Kiera wrote: »
    Someone is using my ovaries as stress balls again :mad:
    Sorry. :o

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Last exam tomorrow. Sick with nerves:(

It'll be fine! Almost there! :)