Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Looking around the internet instead of doing what I should be doing but I found this, it's two very famous people, I don't know if I would've guessed if I had seen it without knowing who it was but the hair!

i-liked-her-old-hair-13152-1285080320-19.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

^
    The Clintons!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Orla K wrote: »
    Looking around the internet instead of doing what I should be doing but I found this, it's two very famous people, I don't know if I would've guessed if I had seen it without knowing who it was but the hair!

i-liked-her-old-hair-13152-1285080320-19.jpg
    They look good there in fairness! Before Monicagate :)

I still can't get over the hair on him!

I don't think I would ever know who she was from that photo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

^ Bill looks like a BeeGee! :D

In other news, I haven't eaten anything since my lunch at 1pm. Gonna try and space out my meals to every 4 hours instead of every four minutes. :rolleyes: Also: I painted my nails metallic blue. They are pretty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

When you're waiting on the second email from Pottermore, can you find out what house you're in before that?

*inner HP nerd emerging*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Acoshla wrote: »
    Anyone remember my post last week about the letter from the glamour model? Just got a reply from her management, a letter and signed photo are going in the post to me! *happy dance*

How I'm gonna keep this quiet til next year is beyond me, and hide it from him in the house! I am going to be the most respected new wife ever :pac::D:p

That is so so awesome! I'm so glad- let us know what she writes in the letter :D

I'm sitting here buying my school supplies in Pottermore in my new dress that arrived in the post today that makes my boobs look awesome with newly blonde hair while waiting for my toe nail polish to dry so I can go out and meet a friend I haven't seen in 4 years. And game of thrones is on later. And i'm making Fajitas cause I'm able to eat solids again.
    Loving today a little too much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

sillymoo wrote: »
    Vinta81 that's pretty crap. What are you on placement for? You prob said before but I don't remember. I don't think places should take students on placements unless they are prepared to invest time and effort into them. Where we are sent, there is a contribution paid to them by the college. Thus there is teaching arranged etc.

For 6 months for BIS. I've done a few basic reports, most of the time I'm left alone and I just surf the web. Only so many times you can check your email, bank balance etc :(

Vinta81 wrote: »
    For 6 months for BIS. I've done a few basic reports, most of the time I'm left alone and I just surf the web. Only so many times you can check your email, bank balance etc :(

Do an online course in something. Like a language or a free one in maths or programming or whatever

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

EmilyO wrote: »
    When you're waiting on the second email from Pottermore, can you find out what house you're in before that?

*inner HP nerd emerging*

Congrats,You just got into the house of nerd,its my house too : )

bluewolf wrote: »
    Do an online course in something. Like a language or a free one in maths or programming or whatever

I guarentee by the time I start that they'll have something for me to do. they said this week i should have more work, but it's my 3rd week here already :/ I feel useless.

Vinta81 wrote: »
    I guarentee by the time I start that they'll have something for me to do. they said this week i should have more work, but it's my 3rd week here already :/ I feel useless.

You can start it anytime sure and pick it up or put it down

I am assuming you have gone around different teams and asked people do they need errands run or photocopying done or whatever :)

You can start it anytime sure and pick it up or put it down

I am assuming you have gone around different teams and asked people do they need errands run or photocopying done or whatever :)

Oh I've asked everyone. The lady whose supposed to be mentor has spoken to me roughly 2/3 times, never more than "no i have nothing for you". This other lady is the one who keeps giving me work and I feel bad because she is the senior analyst is super busy so I hate interrupting her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

EmilyO wrote: »

*inner HP nerd emerging*

Nope. You explore the book chapter by chapter so you get sorted when Harry gets sorted :) I'm sure your email will come soon, don't fret.

feck yas i am signing up to see what the fuss is about

i put my name in as x y

screen:

Congratulations!
    You are magical
    List of magical folk

X Y
    Harry Potter
    Ronald Weasley
    Cho Chang
    Hermione Granger
    Vincent Crabbe
    Neville Longbottom
    Luna Lovegood

hahaha

am i supposed to hang around for ages for the second one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭javagal

Finally signed off pottermore and finished my website for a college project,

So proud of myself..

....logs into pottermore and facebook

put chicken on plate
    poke chicken to make sure middle is done
    get giant blister

yup i think it's done :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I might try studying in the library tomorrow, I don't derp around online for ages because I feel like people can see my screen, and judge me for taking up a socket to go on Facebook...:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Stenchy: twit twoo :D

This Pottermore thing is addictive! D:
    EDIT: Ahhhh, balls! I'm in Hufflepuff! I, DragonQueen29857 with the fir and dragon heartstring wand, am greatly disappointed. I try to sway my answers towards Slytherin but it obviously didn't work. *pout*

• Advertisement

McChubbin wrote: »
    This Pottermore thing is addictive! D:

they havent sent me a second email so i think they know i have an exam coming up

feck yas i am signing up to see what the fuss is about

That's the same reason I signed up.

I took a hake fillet out of the freezer earlier and it's still not thawed:( Got it beside a heater now on the floor and I have to keep an eye on it in case the cats decide to eat it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Kiera wrote: »
    Stenchy: twit twoo :D

Spank you :P

I always cook from frozen ;s

Yeah but I wanted to do a bit of a batter on them and I'd find it much more awkward battering frozen fish, and not too sure if it'll cook fully if I don't.

Still looks very frozen:( might abandon that idea and eat it tomorrow. Don't know what else I have.

Yeah but I wanted to do a bit of a batter on them and I'd find it much more awkward battering frozen fish, and not too sure if it'll cook fully if I don't.

Still looks very frozen:( might abandon that idea and eat it tomorrow. Don't know what else I have.
    Try putting it in a bowl of cold water. Should defrost in 20 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

ok so he didnt show up :(

but i did get a lovely text from him late explaining why which is nice! :)

so we are going to meet up again soon during the week yay!!

in the meanwhile i also joined pottermore! :o

damn you all!!

Done but oh crap I put my hand under the cold tap and it felt about as cold as the fish, put a little hot water in too just so the water wasn't freezing.

Really should have took it out last night, I'm hungry now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Acoshla when I read that quickly I thought you'd gotten a letter offering you glamour model work :D:D

Done but oh crap I put my hand under the cold tap and it felt about as cold as the fish, put a little hot water in too just so the water wasn't freezing.

Really should have took it out last night, I'm hungry now.
    As long as the water is not hotter than room temp it should defrost and not cook on the outside :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

My dissertation is due on Friday. And its still nowhere near ready (and yet here I am on Boards yet again) :(
    Plus its gonna cost me around €300 to get printed and bound :(
    Have a feeling its gonna be a long week.

Tigger99 wrote: »
    Acoshla when I read that quickly I thought you'd gotten a letter offering you glamour model work :D:D

i never did get to use my photoshoot voucher... ;s

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

I am dying a slow and painful death.

Have to drink 4 litres of kleen prep. This stuff is vile.

I shall leave my vibrators to Kiera in my will.

Eeeewwww!!!

/like I don't have millions of my own :p

As long as the water is not hotter than room temp it should defrost and not cook on the outside :)

It's hotter than room temp but only cos it's freezing here! but not hot enough to start cooking, it's below body temp
    I am dying a slow and painful death.

Have to drink 4 litres of kleen prep. This stuff is vile.

Is that for your gluten test thing?

Is that for your gluten test thing?

Yep. I ate so much bread over the last few days that I have a hard food baby belly and if I poke my stomach it feels like it's bruised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭cena

So this cork couple I watch on youtube got an email say this. They are expecting there first child.

536471_154791927980575_132304786895956_191847_2024031505_n.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

cena wrote: »
    So this cork couple I watch on youtube got an email say this. They are expecting there first child.

536471_154791927980575_132304786895956_191847_2024031505_n.jpg

Is that saccony jollies that your talking about?

• Advertisement

Yep. I ate so much bread over the last few days that I have a hard food baby belly and if I poke my stomach it feels like it's bruised.

Good luck! At least after tomorrow you don't have to eat any more bread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭cena

It sure is. Do you watch them

I think it is.

Although I don't agree with what the person said, if you put your life on show to the public you are going to get mean comments. It's a sad reality.

cena wrote: »
    It sure is. Do you watch them
    I think it is.

Although I don't agree with what the person said, if you put your life on show to the public you are going to get mean comments. It's a sad reality.

I did for a bit But I unsubed from there channel because they began to annoy me ;s

Jaysus, Stench! Ye made me spit White Russian on me keyboard! :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

McChubbin wrote: »
    Jaysus, Stench! Ye made me spit White Russian on me keyboard! :D

<pointless innuendo>I thought you were a girl!</pointless innuendo>

• Advertisement

Das Kitty wrote: »
    <pointless innuendo>I thought you were a girl!</pointless innuendo>
    she said "spit" ;) :pac:

DK you got one of those photoshoot vouchers didn't you, did you do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Just had grilled salmon for dinner, I always manage to over cook salmon but got it spot on this time and my god it was yummy :)

Got my Pottermore emails, huzzah! But my internet is gone & can't work it on my phone, boo-urns :( The name is ChestnutCloak2567 so add away if ye want!

Sittin down now to budget out my next 6 weeks, joy :/

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

DK you got one of those photoshoot vouchers didn't you, did you do it?

Not yet, but I shall!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

first workout in ages, new housemate has a weight bench and a punching bag, so long workday stress :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement