Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Slept for two hours when I came home, wrecked - must try and tidy room before going to bed. Last day of school in Ireland done and dusted :( Staff thing on tomorrow - gonna be sad leaving :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Kiera, if you're in need of a new oddball, I've been training for this moment my whole life...
    Kiera wrote: »
    Woohoo, my new little oddball. Do i get to keep you?

I knew there was something special about you seeing as you have some words of my fav song in your name (Psycho Killer ) :)

:( I've been... replaced.

Humane_Society_animals_missouri.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Albection wrote: »
    :( I've been... replaced.

Humane_Society_animals_missouri.jpg

You havent. I've got a friend for you to play with. Now move over in that cage and let FaFa in :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Ebay and Etsy will be the end of my bank funds!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

I don't get it, is the author of the article not bright enough to understand the words used? Bit of variety is generally a good thing, like using "scalding" instead of "hot"...and gives out about long words used, eh, disobedient is longer than errant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Kiera wrote: »
    I knew there was something special about you seeing as you have some words of my fav song in your name (Psycho Killer ) :)
    I love that song! God, this username kills so many birds.

I don't get it, is the author of the article not bright enough to understand the words used? Bit of variety is generally a good thing, like using "scalding" instead of "hot"...and gives out about long words used, eh, disobedient is longer than errant.

I know, one of my friends put it on facebook and I was reading through it thinking "and what is the problem with these words?" There were one or two that I thought, okay that wasn't completely necessary but I just think it's a lot of nit-picking.

Incidentally I'm nearly finished the third book, only started reading them in the last week or so. They're a bit weird (all the possessiveness) but they're a good read.

I know, one of my friends put it on facebook and I was reading through it thinking "and what is the problem with these words?" There were one or two that I thought, okay that wasn't completely necessary but I just think it's a lot of nit-picking.

Incidentally I'm nearly finished the third book, only started reading them in the last week or so. They're a bit weird (all the possessiveness) but they're a good read.

Yeah, like they were trying to find fault with them. Haven't read them though, so maybe that's only the tip of the iceberg and I know if it's constantly using "fancy" words it can get annoying, but that didn't seem too bad.

Dunno if they're worth reading, I kinda agree with someone in the comments on that page that it'd be hard to match the filth in A Song of Ice and Fire.:o Would you recommend them?

that article is thick

who wrote this sh!te

The offense: "He puts down his cutlery and regards me intently, his eyes burning with some unfathomable emotion."
    The fix: "He puts down his fork/knife/spoon and looks at me intently, is eyes burning with some unfathomable emotion."

IT'S CALLED CUTLERY

• Advertisement

Yeah, like they were trying to find fault with them. Haven't read them though, so maybe that's only the tip of the iceberg and I know if it's constantly using "fancy" words it can get annoying, but that didn't seem too bad.

Dunno if they're worth reading, I kinda agree with someone in the comments on that page that it'd be hard to match the filth in A Song of Ice and Fire.:o Would you recommend them?

Yeah I would to be honest. For me I just couldn't put them down but I tend to enjoy books about relationships, whether it be boy-girl, families, whatever so maybe the book just suited my taste.

They're not that filthy, I don't think so anyway. Some of the stuff is taboo (oh my god is that an unnecessary fancy word?? :eek: ) but nothing that would make you put the book down or anything.
    bluewolf wrote: »
    that article is thick

who wrote this sh!te

The offense: "He puts down his cutlery and regards me intently, his eyes burning with some unfathomable emotion."
    The fix: "He puts down his fork/knife/spoon and looks at me intently, is eyes burning with some unfathomable emotion."

IT'S CALLED CUTLERY

When I read that one I thought the exact same thing.

Yeah that one made me wonder if they'd just looked up cutlery in the dictionary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    Ebay and Etsy will be the end of my bank funds!

Dorothy Perkins will be the end of mine :( I want ALL the shoes, how to pick a pair? (or two :o)

Acoshla wrote: »
    Dorothy Perkins will be the end of mine :( I want ALL the shoes, how to pick a pair? (or two :o)

Oh god tell me about it. I've bought 5 dresses this week and am still pondering over others

Oh god tell me about it. I've bought 5 dresses this week and am still pondering over others

I am not allowed by any more dresses, I put that rule in place 2 years ago...it's not going well :o It doesn't help that my boyfriend runs a store that sells gorgeous clothes and I get family discount! I pop in to say hi and next thing I have 5 dresses to take home and try on :o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I love that song! God, this username kills so many birds.
    I just sing your username in my head every time I read it. Love Flight of the Conchords! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Posy wrote: »
    I just sing your username in my head every time I read it. Love Flight of the Conchords! :D

My cousin made me watch every episode in one day.

I was going crazy by the end. Couldn't handle the theme tune any longer!

I would have enjoyed it far more if I was watching a couple of episodes at a time.

I am not allowed by any more dresses, I put that rule in place 2 years ago...it's not going well :o It doesn't help that my boyfriend runs a store that sells gorgeous clothes and I get family discount! I pop in to say hi and next thing I have 5 dresses to take home and try on :o

Ah no, I couldn't put a rule like that in place :eek:

In the last 6 weeks I've bought 16 dresses - the old online shopping habit has gotten out of hand lol! Only blessing is that it's my own money I'm spending, at least it's not a credit card :D

Ah no, I couldn't put a rule like that in place :eek:

In the last 6 weeks I've bought 16 dresses - the old online shopping habit has gotten out of hand lol! Only blessing is that it's my own money I'm spending, at least it's not a credit card :D

Ok, you buy more than me, I feel better now :) I buy about one or two a month, for the last 5ish years. I wear some of them til they die, others hang in my wardrobe waiting for an outing :o I've been saying I'm not allowed by any more dresses, usually as I pick one up/order one online :)

Ok, you buy more than me, I feel better now :) I buy about one or two a month, for the last 5ish years. I wear some of them til they die, others hang in my wardrobe waiting for an outing :o I've been saying I'm not allowed by any more dresses, usually as I pick one up/order one online :)

My only saving grace is that I only spend my own money, although my boyfriend is starting to build me a wardroom so maybe I need to control it a bit :p

• Advertisement

I'd only ever spend my own money on anything for me, is there another option?? The first Christmas I was with my boyfriend one of my presents was that he surprised me by clearing out his walk in wardrobe and filling it with dresses, tops, jackets etc all for me, and let me keep the wardrobe because I spent so much time here :)

I'd only ever spend my own money on anything for me, is there another option?? The first Christmas I was with my boyfriend one of my presents was that he surprised me by clearing out his walk in wardrobe and filling it with dresses, tops, jackets etc all for me, and let me keep the wardrobe because I spent so much time here :)

I love that :D

I meant, spending my own money as in no credit cards or overdrafts or anything like that.

I think a walk-in wardrobe would be the worst thing to ever happen to me, I'd see it as a challenge to fill! :o

As my boyfriend has started working on it I've been thinking well if I get him to make special shelves for shoes then I'll have to justify their existence, therefore... SHOPPING! And if I get him to put in a particularly long hanging space then I'll have to buy more maxi dresses!

I got new wardrobes recently in my home house (it looks suspiciously like the parents are turning my room into a guest room) and they have basket type shelves that pull out of the wardrobe. I suddenly have about 3 times as much space, so think I should move all of my stuff home and have lots of room in my college/rented house wardrobe to fill with new stuff! :D I unfortunately do not have the money to fill it. :(

I also don't know what to call my house anymore, it was easy when I was in college cos I had college home and home home (family home) but now I don't think I'll be living at home home again, but don't know where I'll be after the summer cos I'm finished college. Hopefully!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I also don't know what to call my house anymore, it was easy when I was in college cos I had college home and home home (family home) but now I don't think I'll be living at home home again, but don't know where I'll be after the summer cos I'm finished college. Hopefully!

I'm out of my parents house a few years now, but it'll still always be home home to me! :)

I'm out of my parents house a few years now, but it'll still always be home home to me! :)

It's the other one I have trouble with! Although I suppose if I've home home the other one could just be home.

Home is no longer a real word. I've overtyped it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Oh Jesus just heard on the news that a sand dune collapsed on a girl where I'm from yesterday, I hate sand (how I don't know considering I was surrounded by it when I was small), the thoughts of that happening have given me shivers. Hope she recovers.

Just getting to read through old posts now, that's one of my friends little sister. She passed away yesterday, so sad, gutted I can't be there for support as I am in Australia at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I lost 3lbs this week, bringing my total weight loss up to 9 and a half lbs in 3 weeks! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

One of my friends got a new car for his 21st. I got driving lessons... Life really sucks sometimes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

I has the drunk. I also has the work tomorrow. Booo!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Just back from LATE night shopping in a 24 hour Tesco Extra, it was savage :D Nobody around to annoy you!

Got a crazy amount of fruit including strawberries and mini oranges :p On a fruit binge this week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Jaysus, was without internet for 24 hrs and there was a lot to catch up on here! Almostnever, sorry to hear things didn't go to plan but it really does sound like you had a wonderful day so I'm happy you could share that with him.

Wednesday night I called my usual tuktuk driver to arrange to pick me up for work on Thursday - turns out he was going on strike with EVERY OTHER DRIVER IN THE CITY as part of a nationwide protest against petrol prices. Called a colleague and he said the only way I could get to the office would be to walk - not possible for me to walk 3km in this heat so decided to work from home. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand cue the internet breaking. For the entirety of Thursday. Couldn't leave the house as the roads were blocked by burning tires and couldn't access any work via email due to no internet. Literally sat in the flat all day eating mangoes and watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia on my hard drive. It was a long and boring day though there may have been some couch dancing at random intervals.

In better news, I've been despairing over Daft.ie for the last few days, looking at hideously cramped (yet expensive) studio apartments in Dublin, as well as expansive (but occupied) house shares with strangers. Neither option was really great, so wasn't I delighted this morning to get an email from a friend to say they have a lodger they've been looking to get rid of and I could have his room. They live in a gorgeous big house (there's two of them) right on the luas line, and next door are 4 of my best friends. Can't argue with that! I would get an entire floor of the house to myself (it's 3 storeys) including my own bathroom. Amazing. :D

Weather forecast is telling me it's gonna hit 46 degrees this weekend. I have plans to go to the beach town on Sunday for my farewell piss-up, I don't think we'll be spending much time outdoors. Owch. http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/1275817

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

bluewolf wrote: »
    that article is thick

who wrote this sh!te

IT'S CALLED CUTLERY

I'm completely wtf-ing about that article. The fact that the author believes that someone would need to consult a thesaurus to know some of the terms is laughable. You might, you tit.

Like "refrain" is an offence somehow? Mother of good Jesus.

And most of them are not synonyms at all.

What a horrible, sneering article.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

So, STBEH is having regrets.

A) I FCUKING TOLD YOU THIS WOULD HAPPEN

and

B) I don't need this crap right now. I'm doing fine on my own. Why did you even feel the need to tell me?

:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Feeling really sad, found out yesterday that my daughter has a condition that put an end to what she wants to work as when she leaves school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Moving into my first proper grown up no parents allowed house today :D I'm SO esciteddd and found out last night the only bills I have to pay are refuse and electricity (if we use it much, summer months prob not) as the broadband and everything else is paid up for, for the yer by the previous tenants! :D

I also got the biggest room! 6 bedroom house, 2 downstairs (1D, 1S) 4 upstairs (4D, 1S) - the three doubles up stairs we labelled 1, 2 and 3 and did a random draw on pieces of paper and I got the biggest! Delighted <3

June Bank Holiday session as mine :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Vinta81 wrote: »
    Moving into my first proper grown up no parents allowed house today :D I'm SO esciteddd and found out last night the only bills I have to pay are refuse and electricity (if we use it much, summer months prob not) as the broadband and everything else is paid up for, for the yer by the previous tenants! :D

I also got the biggest room! 6 bedroom house, 2 downstairs (1D, 1S) 4 upstairs (4D, 1S) - the three doubles up stairs we labelled 1, 2 and 3 and did a random draw on pieces of paper and I got the biggest! Delighted <3

June Bank Holiday session as mine :D

Can't wait to come home and see the new house :D excited!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I have a freaking cold. Gah! Sniffling and sneezing all morning. Hope it's gone before my baby cousins Christening in two weeks.

I have a freaking cold. Gah! Sniffling and sneezing all morning. Hope it's gone before my baby cousins Christening in two weeks.

Two weeks?! That's bleedin' loads of time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

alie wrote: »
    Feeling really sad, found out yesterday that my daughter has a condition that put an end to what she wants to work as when she leaves school.

That really sucks... sorry :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

akamossy wrote: »
    Can't wait to come home and see the new house :D excited!!!!

YAY! We'll be having our proper girly nights in now! gonna hit B&Q next pimp out the garden, make our very own beer garden :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Two weeks?! That's bleedin' loads of time!
    I hope it is, I've had colds last for a month before.

is anyone else getting a malware warning on the brothers grimm page

I hope it is, I've had colds last for a month before.

Eat lots of veg, dark green ones are the best, vitamin C, etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

So, STBEH is having regrets.

A) I FCUKING TOLD YOU THIS WOULD HAPPEN

and

B) I don't need this crap right now. I'm doing fine on my own. Why did you even feel the need to tell me?

:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(

in manspeak "I'm having regrets" usually means "I'm not getting laid as much as I thought I would be being single, lets give it another go"

krudler wrote: »
    in manspeak "I'm having regrets" usually means "I'm not getting laid as much as I thought I would be being single, lets give it another go"

He's been with someone else since we split, I doubt sex is the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

maybe she's crap in bed :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Just because he is with someone doesn't mean he is having good sex (like with you? ) or even sex! Saying that to you is a pretty sh!tty thing to do though!

It's Friday and I am going home and I cycled 450km in May and I am feeling fecking great!

krudler wrote: »
    maybe she's crap in bed :pac:

Well that's his problem. Perhaps he should have thought of that before he threw his marriage vows down the drain.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement