Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Well that's his problem. Perhaps he should have thought of that before he threw his marriage vows down the drain.

were ye married long? (if you dont mind me asking)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Well that's his problem. Perhaps he should have thought of that before he threw his marriage vows down the drain.

Too right.

He made his bed now he can lie in it.

I seriously need to sort my nails done. They look shoooite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

krudler wrote: »
    were ye married long? (if you dont mind me asking)

Married 3.5 years when we split. Would have been together 7 years this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

alie wrote: »
    Feeling really sad, found out yesterday that my daughter has a condition that put an end to what she wants to work as when she leaves school.

I am sorry to hear that. That must be really hard for her. :(

I hope that this leads to another dream that is even bigger and better for her.

Married 3.5 years when we split. Would have been together 7 years this weekend.

wow does it take that long to get a separation/divorce finalised? sorry I dont know the legalities of it. a friend of a friend separated after less than a year, she got her big wedding then decided marriage just wasnt for her, which sucks.

wow does it take that long to get a separation/divorce finalised? sorry I dont know the legalities of it. a friend of a friend separated after less than a year, she got her big wedding then decided marriage just wasnt for her, which sucks.

We only split up at Christmas. You've to be separated 4 out of 5 years before you can get a divorce in Ireland, so we're going to be legally married for quite some time more.

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

We only split up at Christmas. You've to be separated 4 out of 5 years before you can get a divorce in Ireland, so we're going to be legally married for quite some time more.

ah sorry though you mean you'd split a few years ago and would be married 7 years now. thats a long time to be separated before you can divorce, have dealt with a few messy separation things for customers at work,it'd put you off ever having joint bills for stuff when you see how messy it gets if if doesnt work out.

ah sorry though you mean you'd split a few years ago and would be married 7 years now. thats a long time to be separated before you can divorce, have dealt with a few messy separation things for customers at work,it'd put you off ever having joint bills for stuff when you see how messy it gets if if doesnt work out.

Nope, would have been together 7 years this weekend, married 4 in May. Split in December.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Sorry to hear that, Honey-ec. Are you on good terms with him??

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

awec wrote: »
    That's ridiculous!

At least we can get divorced these days. Fecking years my mother was waiting.

Have to be legally separated for a long time before you can get divorced, so there's no fudgeing to be done unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

awec wrote: »
    That's ridiculous!

Ah Ireland... doing the absolute minimum it has to in order to not violate people's human rights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Links234 wrote: »
    Ah Ireland... doing the absolute minimum it has to in order to not violate people's human rights

And most of the time it doesn't even do that until Europe steps in to force them.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Have to be legally separated for a long time before you can get divorced, so there's no fudgeing to be done unfortunately.

You don't actually have to get a legal separation in order to obtain a divorce, you can just wait the four years and apply directly for the decree of divorce.

It's still a ridiculous amount of time to force people to wait, though.

And most of the time it doesn't even do that until Europe steps in to force them.

yep :D

• Advertisement

condoms were illegal in this country outside prescription until 1991 or thereabouts, ILLEGAL. thats actually baffling that happened in my lifetime, it sounds like something from the 1950's.

condoms were illegal in this country outside prescription until 1991 or thereabouts, ILLEGAL. thats actually baffling that happened in my lifetime, it sounds like something from the 1950's.

good ol' Catholic Oireland to be sure to be sure :rolleyes:

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that, Honey-ec. Are you on good terms with him??

Hadn't seen or spoken to him since February. We were at mutual friends' wedding in Italy last week and he has since decided he made a huge mistake. It gave me absolutely no pleasure at all to say to him "I told you this would happen".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Das Kitty wrote: »
    At least we can get divorced these days. Fecking years my mother was waiting.

Yep 4 years, I suppose it's so people won't choose to get divorced lightly, a la Kim Kardashian. My parents are split up about 22 years now, still married though.

Acoshla wrote: »
    Yep 4 years, I suppose it's so people won't choose to get divorced lightly, a la Kim Kardashian. My parents are split up about 22 years now, still married though.

staying together and being miserable is the Irish way apparently. I heard a phrase recently "no good marriage ever ended in a divorce" its pretty apt I reckon.

• Advertisement

staying together and being miserable is the Irish way apparently. I heard a phrase recently "no good marriage ever ended in a divorce" its pretty apt I reckon.

You're cheery! What du mean staying together and being miserable?

ok who hid my face mask :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Yet again dreading work this evening cos of all the drama that's going on in there at the moment. Really starting to think about looking for a new job, original plan was to put in another 6-12 months but beyond fed up with the place.

You're cheery! What du mean staying together and being miserable?

well divorce wasnt allowed until recent times so people unhappy in a marriage stayed together for the sake of kids or whatever and were miserable, I know a few people who's family lives infinitely improved once their parents separated.

I'm never cheery, how dare you :pac:

well divorce wasnt allowed until recent times so people unhappy in a marriage stayed together for the sake of kids or whatever and were miserable

Plenty of couples still do that, believe me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

bluewolf wrote: »
    ok who hid my face mask :mad:

Sorry :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Overslept for work this morning so nobody got cake - dragging people home with me for it, though all I want to do is hop in the shower and throw on a facemask and hair treatment thing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

All this talk of divorce is depressing me. My mother and father seperated when I was barely 2 years old and it was only when I turned 16 that she finally got legally divorced.
    She's now married 7 years to my stepdad who's been everything I need in a father and more. Even so, being stuck in limbo whilst mud is being slung from either parent on both sides for 14 years... it's a nightmare.
    I think it's wrong that couples in Ireland have to wait 4 years to divorce.
    It only leads to misery. Thankfully, my mother and father didn't live together for those hellish 14 years of seperation but it was hard on everyone especially the children.
    I'd gladly vote for speedy divorces if it ever popped up in an election.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

And it really doesn't even do that. Gay marriage is a good example of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Starokan

So, STBEH is having regrets.

A) I FCUKING TOLD YOU THIS WOULD HAPPEN

and

B) I don't need this crap right now. I'm doing fine on my own. Why did you even feel the need to tell me?

:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(

He is telling you its a mistake because he now sees just how well you are doing on your own.

Breaks ups are invariably easier on the person causing the break ups, its an ego thing. This is probably the first time he sees that you do not need him any more. Any control he had is now gone.

Only you know what to do but be careful as you can easily get dragged into the whole big drama again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I hate my boss. I am so sick of being screamed at and roared at about things I have no control over. I guess the only good thing is that I can't eat because my stomach is always in knots so I have dropped a dress size in the few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

alie wrote: »
    Feeling really sad, found out yesterday that my daughter has a condition that put an end to what she wants to work as when she leaves school.

That happened to one of my friends in secondary school. She wanted to work as a midwife but in 6th year was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in her legs, so she had to change what she wanted to do as she couldn't handle the work in a hospital with all the walking around every day.

She went on to train as a chef, and although it wasn't with she initially wanted to do, she's so much happier with it now. I'm sure your daughter will find something else she wants to do too, and she'll end up just as happy. :)

Miaireland wrote: »
    I hate my boss. I am so sick of being screamed at and roared at about things I have no control over. I guess the only good thing is that I can't eat because my stomach is always in knots so I have dropped a dress size in the few days.

How is that a good thing?

It's not, I am just trying to cheer myself up.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Going away for the bank holiday weekend, yippee. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

This time next year I'll be married! Jaypers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Posy wrote: »
    Going away for the bank holiday weekend, yippee. :)

Heading away on Sunday for just over a week here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Overhead fan goes TICK TICK TICK TICK if you turn it on.

Sweat goes DRIP DRIP DRIP DRIP if you turn the fan off.

I'm drinking wine to solve both of these problems though not sure about the validity of my logic there.

Been there done that, and 2 years later I am still suffering the physical side effects of that level of stress, it's not worth it, trust me.
    Dolorous wrote: »
    This time next year I'll be married! Jaypers :)

Eep! :) Now that it's June I'm saying we're officially down too 16 months to go, because once you're in the month it doesn't count anymore, right :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Overhead fan goes TICK TICK TICK TICK if you turn it on.

Sweat goes DRIP DRIP DRIP DRIP if you turn the fan off.

I'm drinking wine to solve both of these problems though not sure about the validity of my logic there.

Ensure to document your results in a lab book. I would be very interested in the results of the testing of your hypothesis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Another sleepover roadtrip this weekend. I love my life :)

We had a fire drill in work a few days ago. The summary of the drill mentions something about bringing laptops.

Am I wrong in thinking that if there's a fire your not suppose to bring anything with you. Just get up and leave asap?

Has school failed me again? Because that's what we were always told.

Been there done that, and 2 years later I am still suffering the physical side effects of that level of stress, it's not worth it, trust me

If I could get another job I would be gone in a heartbeat.

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

If I could get another job I would be gone in a heartbeat.

Yep I know that feeling. I ended up picking unemployment over my misery because it was seriously affecting my health.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

We had a fire drill in work a few days ago. The summary of the drill mentions something about bringing laptops.

Am I wrong in thinking that if there's a fire your not suppose to bring anything with you. Just get up and leave asap?

We don’t bring our laptops and have never been told to. Is your work not backed up on the main server?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

'Tis an interesting one. You should leave from wherever you are by the most direct route possible. If, in the course of that, you can bring something out it's probably ok but you shouldn't go back or out of your way to collect something.

OTOH, if everybody is 'saving' their laptop/vital file/bag/backpack, there's potential to slow down the evacuation 'cos all these things get in the way.

I'd say work should have up to date backups of all laptops and there would be no issue then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

got my first birthday card today!!! :D

also trying to arrange a second date is annoying me :(

Got the answer from Acoshla.

I knew we weren't suppose to bring anything.

I'm gonna reply and say 'A laptop can be replaced, A life can't'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Mind you, last fire drill in our place (first in about 5 years too!) people ignored their laptops but brought out their tea!

I'd be heading down to save my bike, the data can go hang...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement