Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

my hair is red again

i keep getting a surprise when i look in the mirror and see make up on :rolleyes:

might be ever so slightly nervous about concert but that's mainly about where do i go who is accompanying me will the rehearsal go ok what else do i do etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Miaireland wrote: »
    I hate my boss. I am so sick of being screamed at and roared at about things I have no control over. I guess the only good thing is that I can't eat because my stomach is always in knots so I have dropped a dress size in the few days.

why do you let your boss roar at you? no job is worth that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

The fire alarm constantly went off in my school. Atleast 2 a week.

One time they decided to bring us out the back of the school and the only way out was to go back through the school. Only this time it wasn't a false alarm.

The boiler had blown up and a room was on fire.

We all loved watching the principle getting a bollican off the fireman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

awec wrote: »
    My head is pure wrecked today. :(

What's up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

got my first birthday card today!!! :D

also trying to arrange a second date is annoying me :(

Yay!

Why, is it hard to organise with time or what?

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

krudler wrote: »
    why do you let your boss roar at you? no job is worth that.

Lets see in the last hour because of the building work next door. The fact a man in a neighbouring building parked in the parking space he likes. That he arranged for some one of his friends to pick up something and he didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

coco_lola wrote: »
    Yay!

Why, is it hard to organise with time or what?

he doesnt work the weekends but its my 21st tomorrow so this weekend doesnt suit, then he works during the week but i can stay in my friends house but he has friends coming over on sunday and wont be leaving til thursday but i have another 21st on the thursday and one on the friday but he is flying home next weekend so that doesnt suit so its either going to be during the following week or else the weekend of TLL beers!! :(

he doesnt work the weekends but its my 21st tomorrow so this weekend doesnt suit, then he works during the week but i can stay in my friends house but he has friends coming over on sunday and wont be leaving til thursday but i have another 21st on the thursday and one on the friday but he is flying home next weekend so that doesnt suit so its either going to be during the following week or else the weekend of TLL beers!! :(

Oh, that's a pity :( It's a pain when they/you are busy, it's worse when one of you are free and the other's not! :( I'm sure it will all work out :)

Lets see in the last hour because of the building work next door. The fact a man in a neighbouring building parked in the parking space he likes. That he arranged for some one of his friends to pick up something and he didn't.

and any of these are your fault how exactly? do you work for a 5 year old?

• Advertisement

Working on something new and it isn't working like I want it to! :(

*bangs head off keyboard*

I'm crashed out at home on my couch. Just thought i'd rub it in :D

Oh, that's a pity :( It's a pain when they/you are busy, it's worse when one of you are free and the other's not! :( I'm sure it will all work out :)

i hope so too! The only problem with during the week is the fact that he works late enough so i need to rely on dublin bus and the likes if i want to get to my friends house! so it is kind of awkward!

i hope so too! The only problem with during the week is the fact that he works late enough so i need to rely on dublin bus and the likes if i want to get to my friends house! so it is kind of awkward!

Trust me, if he wants to see ya, he'll make it work.. Does he drive? Let him run around for you a little bit :)

krudler wrote: »
    and any of these are your fault how exactly? do you work for a 5 year old?

I know. If I complain I get the response it is nothing personal!

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Cheers! I appreciate that! :pac:

Anytime, Duck.

:P

Tell him stfu then, just to see his reaction :pac:

I would dearly love to. The only thing holding me back is my living acommodation is linked with my job so I would be jobless and homeless.

Thanks for letting me rant. Feel a bit betterbgetting it off my chest.

Trust me, if he wants to see ya, he'll make it work.. Does he drive? Let him run around for you a little bit :)

Nope he doesnt :(

its just awkward to be honest but i hope something works out but ill be in Dublin anyway in the next few weeks meetin up with friends so we could always arrange a mini date of the nights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I would dearly love to. The only thing holding me back is my living acommodation is linked with my job so I would be jobless and homeless.

Next time he shouts at you because of something completely unrelated to anything you're doing just say something like "That's not my fault, there's no point in taking it out on me". You'd be making the point without actually confronting him about it as such, y'know?

Nope he doesnt :(

its just awkward to be honest but i hope something works out but ill be in Dublin anyway in the next few weeks meetin up with friends so we could always arrange a mini date of the nights

That sounds lovely, if he's keen thats good :D Hope it all works out! And keep us posted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Sounds just like my old boss, God love you. In the final two weeks before I handed in my notice I got sick of my boss and started standing up to him, he would give out to me if a customer annoyed him, if his wife annoyed him, if a supplier messed up, if business was slow, all of these were entirely my fault of course :rolleyes:

He told me that when he shouted at me it wasn't personal, it was his way of dealing with stress. I told him that's like someone who beats their wife saying "It's nothing personal, it's just how I deal with stress", that shut him up. Best feeling ever the day I left there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Cant wait to see prometheus tonight :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

going to see it tomorrow :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Honey-ec wrote: »
    So, STBEH is having regrets.

A) I FCUKING TOLD YOU THIS WOULD HAPPEN

and

B) I don't need this crap right now. I'm doing fine on my own. Why did you even feel the need to tell me?

:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(

Hugs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭audi a4 2008

just down today to be honest:(...had to move to uk for work im in flat and for the first time in my life i feel alone.

miss my three children, terrible feeling hope to god things work out here for me to send money home so they can enjoy life:).

on a brighter note im starting work thursday

have a great long weekend people:)

Acoshla wrote: »
    Sounds just like my old boss, God love you. In the final two weeks before I handed in my notice I got sick of my boss and started standing up to him, he would give out to me if a customer annoyed him, if his wife annoyed him, if a supplier messed up, if business was slow, all of these were entirely my fault of course :rolleyes:

He told me that when he shouted at me it wasn't personal, it was his way of dealing with stress. I told him that's like someone who beats their wife saying "It's nothing personal, it's just how I deal with stress", that shut him up. Best feeling ever the day I left there.

Do we work for the same boss??? I actually said about the wife beating to him once. He just walked away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Do we work for the same boss??? I actually said about the wife beating to him once. He just walked away.

Do you know what for a minute I thought maybe you were the girl that replaced me but then you said your accommodation is linked to your job and that wouldn't make sense for my old job. How long have you worked there, has he always been like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

:mad: for today: When you buy a wrap and the lady who makes it doesn't bother to wrap it correctly, and so, when you take it out of the paper, the entire thing falls onto your knee. Humming.

:) for today: Strawberries for lunch that didn't fall on me when I opened it.

:( for today: Just one of those days.

:o I ripped the crotch of my trousers while cleaning my new place. Thankfully I'm not around people who would care that I'm crotchless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

Nearly got charged €100 for the dart today! No one to buy a ticket from so I hopped on. Got off at Tara and went up to the man to pay and he was trying to get me to pay the fine... all because my leap card had run out.

Finally let me go but I then started sobbing. It was way too much for me. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

I'm working 11 out of the next 12 days :( The programme I use for work has crashed on me three times already this shift. It's gonna be a long month! On the plus side, anniversary dinner with bf tomorrow night :D

WEEKEND!!!!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0rxmUA-Be_WBG-t_UV6OqwiVnmHiS2YhdcEFpPsiGAmJXTk2XM3WaStEMMg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

It's awesome. I'm just back from it. Although, there's a certain scene towards the end that will have you clutching your uterus and cringing. *shudders*

McChubbin wrote: »
    It's awesome. I'm just back from it. Although, there's a certain scene towards the end that will have you clutching your uterus and cringing. *shudders*

no spoilers! I heard there's some horrific medical scene in it alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

McChubbin wrote: »

I saw it today, was properly gagging in parts. Deadly film though!

Ahhhhh I'm in a super pissy mood, everything is annoying me, absolutely everything. Blah blah blah.

Got a call today from the law school asking if I sat my Constitutional Law 2 paper. I pointed out that I did indeed sit it and if I hadn't I'd have contacted them in a panic, in typical almostnever style. This was conceded as a valid point so I was told they'd look around for my exam scripts a bit more, because they couldn't be located for whatever reason. Then when I was in the cinema, about halfway through the movie, I got another call, mercifully telling me that it had been found. Thank Jebus, if I'd had to sit the repeat that would have been bye-bye Paris right there!

Still not sure what's going on there either, haven't gotten an acceptance from the college yet and still haven't heard back from the Irish College about accommodation. Looks like I'll have to email about it soon if I don't get any word, always hate those kinds of emails though because I feel like I'm being a spoilt child, especially if there's a valid reason for the delay.

Strongly considering just making tea, going to bed and not getting up for a few days. Bah. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I want new clothes. And ice cream.

That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

My papa made me the best dinner ever. Love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

You know, whoever wrote all those cheesy cliche sayings about how special friendship is clearly had better mates than me.

F**k it all, all my friends shall now be cats.

i'm so happy i sang so well and the concert was great and my family are raving about me yayyyy

i have monster munch :eek::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Nice very busy weekend ahead for me. Going for a hike tomorrow and out tomorrow night with friends. Going to try get a surf in on Sunday morning then up to Dublin to stay with a friend, then the Mini-Marathon on Monday. Eeek never done anything like it before!

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    i'm so happy i sang so well and the concert was great and my family are raving about me yayyyy

i have monster munch :eek::D

That is so cool well done Bluey!!

mini concert at the beers?? :D

Im babysitting, three children under the age of 5 FINALLY asleep yay!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Dustin on the late late.

Pat Short, Patrick Kielty and Twink on the panel and then Tubbs.

Dustin calls them "Three men and a bike"

:eek::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Im babysitting, three children under the age of 5 FINALLY asleep yay!

My two nephews are staying with me tonight, one is 9 and they other is 6 :)

I've ate a whole punit of strawberries :o They are now my favorite fruit! :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Home after two weeks abroad for work, twas nice to be back :)

The damn sky is not working though :( need to ring them tomorrow.

Now Liam Neeson seems to be completely tanked.

The first time I've watched the Late Late in bloody years.

Is it always like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Working from home is all well and good until the technology problems hit and suddenly you're up shit creek with deadlines looming. Electricity went on Sunday and I had to pack up and go to my boyfriend's parents' place to finish my shift. Now it seems that my broadband is dropping in and out ever so slightly, but just enough to disconnect me from the server I need to access. There will be a very angry call to Eircom on Tuesday :rolleyes: But now I need a beer.

Das Kitty wrote: »

Is it always like this?

ok ok im putting it on now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Das Kitty wrote: »

Is it always like this?

I just put it on now, it's the 50th anniversary special

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    ok ok im putting it on now

Trending on Twitter is #Schindler'sPissed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement