Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

they're all on the whiskey now

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

bluewolf wrote: »
    they're all on the whiskey now

I don't think I'll ever get tired of Tommy Tiernan.

Seeing as he knows my pin number I have to keep him onside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I don't think I'll ever get tired of Tommy Tiernan.

Seeing as he knows my pin number I have to keep him onside.

"Im the lamb of God" hahahaha :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Just spent all day sorting out my friend's 21st present for tomorrow night. Don't want to say what, in case she reads this (though I doubt it) but I'm uber pleased :D I'm in a wonderful mood *happy dance*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

She's killing her own song. Ruining such a beautiful song :(

• Advertisement

yeah i switched off while she's wailing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Sinead o connor. Mad as a bag of frogs but she has an amazing voice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Trending on Twitter is #Schindler'sPissed

Oh, Liam.

*shakes head*

Just spent all day sorting out my friend's 21st present for tomorrow night. Don't want to say what, in case she reads this (though I doubt it) but I'm uber pleased :D I'm in a wonderful mood *happy dance*

what a coincidence....im also having a 21st tomorrow night......

its for me isnt it??? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Kiera wrote: »

Seriously? I thought she was brilliant. She's a fantastic performer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

what a coincidence....im also having a 21st tomorrow night......

its for me isnt it??? :D

Shhhhh :mad: Act surprised tomorrow :P

Kiera wrote: »

I love the original and think she didn't do it justice. She has an amazing voice but that wasn't to my liking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I only switched on half way through but thought she sang well, given the madness of the last few years - can't imagine the drugs doing her voice any favours

Shhhhh :mad: Act surprised tomorrow :P

ill act like this!! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Anyone have any idea how to contact a social welfare office that doesn't answer it's phones and closes early/normally closes too early for people who work to make it there?

Thinking of lodging a complaint about inability to contact them. There must surely be an office higher up that I can get in contact with?

As talented as Imelda May is, her talking voice annoys me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Three kids in the house and not one of them asleep! Cuddled on the couch with tea and toast (juice for the baby) watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles :D:D

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    Three kids in the house and not one of them asleep! Cuddled on the couch with tea and toast (juice for the baby) watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles :D:D

That and Rosie and Jim are my favourite childhood tv shows :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Just back from babysitting, the kids are sooo sweet! 5 year old, 2 year old and 6 month old, all really good and slept no problem! Even the baby didn't wake up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Two kids down, one more to go! 9 year olds don't seem to get tired EVER!

Boo I want more Strawberries but have none left :( Suppose I'll have a mini orange :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Anyone have any idea how to contact a social welfare office that doesn't answer it's phones and closes early/normally closes too early for people who work to make it there?

Thinking of lodging a complaint about inability to contact them. There must surely be an office higher up that I can get in contact with?

Just email them, they don't answer the phones in any branch as far as I can tell but I've gotten fairly quick email responses.

Whoop woke up before my alarm again today, love when that happens as I hate the noise of it. Although, that does mean I've been up before five again, apparently my body does not need sleep anymore, just wish my brain was the same.

Working at bloom this weekend and brain keeps shutting down throughout the day.

Yay for coffee though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

I'm flying home a week from today! In fact, this time in a week I'll be my the first of 3 flights, en route to New Delhi. Will take me about 28 hours in total to get home and there will be lovely people waiting at the airport for me.

I'm already packed as much as I can be - only things that are left are the clothes I need for this week and some toiletries. You'd never know I was keen to get home! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Why oh why must you wake me up at 5.30 in the morning on the Saturday of a bank holiday weekend body clock? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Susie_Q wrote: »
    I'm flying home a week from today! In fact, this time in a week I'll be my the first of 3 flights, en route to New Delhi. Will take me about 28 hours in total to get home and there will be lovely people waiting at the airport for me.

I'm already packed as much as I can be - only things that are left are the clothes I need for this week and some toiletries. You'd never know I was keen to get home! :D

Jesus you're organized. I only bought the suitcase the day before I moved to America for a year, was still packing on the way to the airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Wisdom tooth owie.

Waah!

:'(

Albection wrote: »
    Wisdom tooth owie.

Waah!

:'(
    At least you'll get some smarts once it's up :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Ophiopogon wrote: »
    Just email them, they don't answer the phones in any branch as far as I can tell but I've gotten fairly quick email responses.

Thanks. No email address for my local office, there's a fax number though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Prometheus was s**t,

Got home at 11 the 5 and 12 year old were still awake, the 5 year old has been downstairs for 15 mins playing fuseball with his 6 year old brother. 12 year old still fast asleep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭auntyweeze

Prometheus was s**t,

Got home at 11 the 5 and 12 year old were still awake, the 5 year old has been downstairs for 15 mins playing fuseball with his 6 year old brother. 12 year old still fast asleep

aw was it? im dying to see it. might not bother now lol The dictator isnt great either, a few laughs but he's trying to hard

• Advertisement

It's my birthday!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D Finally 21!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭auntyweeze

Happy Birthday Sweetie :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Happy birthday pixie! Now off to Vegas with you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Happy birthday Pixie! Is your fella coming to your party?

Am sitting on the couch watching movies - it's too hot to go out or to do anything. Just got up to go to the kitchen and the entire back of my nightie is soaked through. Time for cold shower number 3. Seriously horrible weather, how can people cope in this heat year after year???

Happy birthday, Pixie poo x x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Happy Birthday, Pixie!

• Advertisement

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Happy birthday Pixie! Is your fella coming to your party?

Thanks!! :) Eh nope, i didnt think it would be right after one date :o

Edit: Just nipped down to the sitting room, my mam has banners and balloons everywhere!

Eh how do i say i hate that sort of thing and it makes me highly mortified when i see them plus i despise pink, without sounding like an ungrateful spoiled brat???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Thanks!! :) Eh nope, i didnt think it would be right after one date :o

Edit: Just nipped down to the sitting room, my mam has banners and balloons everywhere!

Eh how do i say i hate that sort of thing and it makes me highly mortified when i see them plus i despise pink, without sounding like an ungrateful spoiled brat???

Happy Birthday Pixie:D

You don't;) Her child is 21...let her spoil you in her way;)

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Pixie:D

You don't;) Her child is 21...let her spoil you in her way;)

I felt myself go bright red when i walked in this morning! :o

I dont mind the balloons its just the banners!! I suppose i could put up with it for her :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

To contact Social Welfare you can call their office in Dublin for whatever part of SW you're looking for, then tell them you can't contact the branch, they've often given me a different phone number to what's listed to get through to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Have had a fantastic few weeks. Applied for a counselling/psychotherapy degree. Had my interview in Dublin on Monday and felt it went really well.

Got the confirmation letter on Wednesday that I am IN and I have been smiling since. Am totally made up and really ready to embrace this big career change. I start in September. Bring it on :D

Last year and the first few months of this year were not good for me (I was in a rut and utterly miserable), but the worm has turned in lots of different ways and I am struggling to remember when I have felt happier :)

Have a lovely weekend all :)

• Advertisement

happy birthday pixie
    let your mammy have the banners!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Happy birthday, Pixie :D Hope you enjoy the day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

OOOOh and happy birthday Pixie :) Have a wonderful day :)

Happy birthday pixie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Happy Birthday Pixie!

I saw your rant about FB invitations and not getting replies. Don't bother with facebook invites! Half the people who say they'll turn up won't because they somehow feel bad if they say no on the invite. Dunno how they don't realise that saying yes and not turning up is far worse than saying no to the invite in the first place.
    I never bother with invites on FB. Never set them up and I never reply.

i'm doing german grammar exercises
    i'm not strange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Happy Birthday Pixie

treble crunch are by far my favourite crisps - why are the bags half empty though??

treble crunch are by far my favourite crisps - why are the bags half empty though??

because they are "low calorie"
    so you only get about 4 crisps

oh yeah, says on the pack "only 99 calories", if I'm eating crisps is calorie counting really high up on my priority list?? lol

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement