Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Just up from an epic nap. Went to the World Quizzing Championships this morning. I was the only girl to take part in Ireland, and even better I didn't come last!

I did not know there was such a thing! :eek:

Discovering a correlation between me feeling lonely, wanting cuddles and being sexually frustrated, with me loving baking.

Chocolate cake with vanilla butter icing anyone?

om nom?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I did not know there was such a thing! :eek:

http://tablequiz.net/wqc/

I was also elected the Irish Quizzing Organisation's PRO. Oh God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Discovering a correlation between me feeling lonely, wanting cuddles and being sexually frustrated, with me loving baking.

Chocolate cake with vanilla butter icing anyone?
    Yes, please. I'll take cake. Lots of it.

I don't know what is wrong with me lately, for the past week and a half I've been feeling sick at night time. A few nights last weekend I was actually up sick.

Might have to go to the doctor again :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I was also elected the Irish Quizzing Organisation's PRO. Oh God.
    tLL table quiz :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Yesterday someone thought it would be perfectly OK to just go up to my girlfriend out of the blue and ask her if she was on hormones or if she was "a sex change" :eek: we were both stunned by it. :o like, what the hell?

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2052/ultimate-apple-pie

look good?

i'm a bit worried by "cals per servng: 700"
    wat
    is a serving like half the pie
    or is it one of these awful things where a "serving" is about 1/16th of the pie

maybe i'll just go with this one
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/perfect_apple_pie_73735

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Wuhoo day of tomorrow and I've got a big bottle of wine all to myself, nyom

To sleep per chance to dream.

tLL table quiz :D

I'm organising one for next month, as it happens. Ye'd be welcome to crash it* if ye fancy a trip to Galway city ;)

*By which I mean participate in an appropriate fashion and make me look good :p

I'm organising one for next month, as it happens. Ye'd be welcome to crash it* if ye fancy a trip to Galway city ;)

any chance it coincides with the beers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Links234 wrote: »
    Yesterday someone thought it would be perfectly OK to just go up to my girlfriend out of the blue and ask her if she was on hormones or if she was "a sex change" :eek: we were both stunned by it. :o like, what the hell?

Links I really feel for you sometimes, some people are seriously close minded! I remember about two years ago my boyfriend went to audition with a band in Dublin for the drummer position and while we were there he asked why the other drummer left and the guitarist basically said that their drummer was getting a sex change and it they didn't want that kind of person in the band :eek::eek: I can safely say my boyfriend turned down the position :rolleyes:

bluewolf wrote: »
    any chance it coincides with the beers

When's that? *goes and checks*

When's that? *goes and checks*

23rd june

23rd june

Nah. It's next month. Mid July.

oh we're in june :eek:
    right

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Is it an Irish thing to have absolutely no filter or what? How do you react to such a thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

285762_3762164885235_304237372_n.jpg

Le cake.

I still feel like I need cuddles. Gah!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

i'm a bit worried by "cals per servng: 700"
    wat
    is a serving like half the pie
    or is it one of these awful things where a "serving" is about 1/16th of the pie
    recipe sez serves 8 just under 'moderately easy' at the top, so 700 calories for an eighth of a pie (is that how eighth is spelled?) Looks super tasty though

oh we're in june :eek:
    right

I know, it's mental :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Oh my Lordi, so many episodes of 30 rock on netflix! YAY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

in my hungoverness I watched Star Wars today, I've decided if I ever get married that I'm having this play as I enter the church, if the bride gets a theme tune so do I :pac:

now I just need to find a woman nerdy enough to along with this proposition..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Avox wrote: »
    Karen McCluskey from Desperate Housewives died in real life. :(

Mrs Landingham :(:(:(

Walked up to the shop in the rain, was closed early, headed home in worse rain - watching the new NCIS episodes online to cheer myself up and distract from the fact I'm home alone!

order ALL the books!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Am watching Layer Cake.

LOVE THAT MOVIE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

*ponders*

What date?

Also, trying to pack for 8 days into a Ryanair-appropriate suitcase SUCKS. Seriously. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

*ponders*

What date?

*gets race calendar prepare to cross check*

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Am watching Layer Cake.

LOVE THAT MOVIE!

silly sarah.
    cake is for eating.

:pac:

ordered 4 books. want now pls. thx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Fell getting into the shower about an hour ago, scraped the whole right side of my back down the plastic yoke the door sits into, and banged the top of my left ass cheek off the door on the way down, THE PAIN. And I've to be up for work at 8, FML :(

The shower is directly above my mom's bed so I gave her the fright of her life, she came upstairs to me shaking and crying, freezing and soaked in a towel, not fun, poor broken Acoshla. As I fell all I thought was "For the love of God don't break something, too much work to do!" Plans to go out tomorrow night might be scuppered, if anyone touched off me I'd have to punch them.

*ponders*

What date?
    *gets race calendar prepare to cross check*

17th. PM me if ye want more specific details :)

Acoshla wrote: »
    Fell getting into the shower about an hour ago, scraped the whole right side of my back down the plastic yoke the door sits into, and banged the top of my left ass cheek off the door on the way down, THE PAIN. And I've to be up for work at 8, FML :(

The shower is directly above my mom's bed so I gave her the fright of her life, she came upstairs to me shaking and crying, freezing and soaked in a towel, not fun, poor broken Acoshla. As I fell all I thought was "For the love of God don't break something, too much work to do!" Plans to go out tomorrow night might be scuppered, if anyone touched off me I'd have to punch them.

Jesus that sounds painful! You poor thing. The shock alone would have me in bits!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Aw god love ya Acoshla..............sounds awful:(

• Advertisement

Yeah WN she was like "Are you crying from shock or pain?", I said shock and she said "That's ok then" :o She made me tea then and when I tried to slowly lower my swollen back onto her bed to drink it she said "If you spill that on my duvet I'll kill you", ah motherly love :p

I bet when I wake up in the morning my whole body will ache, yanked my arm trying to stop myself falling too, panadol for breakfast methinks!

Hope you're okay Acoshla, that sounds horrible! *major hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I made my husband watch Practical Magic tonight. He was not thrilled it but I love that movie :o

OakeyDokey wrote: »

Links I really feel for you sometimes, some people are seriously close minded! I remember about two years ago my boyfriend went to audition with a band in Dublin for the drummer position and while we were there he asked why the other drummer left and the guitarist basically said that their drummer was getting a sex change and it they didn't want that kind of person in the band :eek::eek: I can safely say my boyfriend turned down the position :rolleyes:
    wow, that is absolutely horrid! :(

Our little encounter was just a mild shock at how someone would be so rude, nowhere near as awful as that!

Is it an Irish thing to have absolutely no filter or what? How do you react to such a thing?

You ask are they on hormones that make them completely fcukin thick

Cant sleep,listening to bach!!

We just kinda said (after about a minute of stunned silence) that it was personal. Had a complete deer in headlights moment though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Ah, adorable!

tumblr_m1niel4tEL1r3e62yo1_500.gif

My dog tries to eat the air coming out of the hairdryer. So funny! It's like because it feels hot and heavy (giggle :p ) that it's edible! He starts barking at it then when he can't.

Oh lordy the bruises :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Awww, oops a daisy. Are you in bits today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Well i had a shít night :(

too much drama, too much crying :(

now i want to spend all day curled up in bed and just forget about it! :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Ages ago there was a bit of an argument with me and some friends and so one of my guys took a huge offence to it, which i didn't know about, but everything was sorted ages ago. He didnt seem to get the memo and last night made it a point to hug and kiss everyone and completely ignore me and be really ignorant to my friend even though it was my 21st!
    he did apologize when he found out that it was sorted but i had a giant cry over it!! and i still cant get over it at all!!

there was a bit of drama going on with a few of my friends and on 4 separate occasions 2 of my friends came crying to me and i mean in the floods of tears! which caused me to cry!

And a few people couldnt go at the last minute which bummed me out more

yes i know it sounds stupid but it upset me to no end and it was a horrible birthday!!

poor pixie xxx

think i might do some studying and baking today
    and cello

Staying in a mobile while it's raining feels like I'm in an epesode of father ted.

Kiera wrote: »
    Staying in a mobile while it's raining feels like I'm in an epesode of father ted.

let's see who can yell the loudest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

wow, that is absolutely horrid! :(

Our little encounter was just a mild shock at how someone would be so rude, nowhere near as awful as that!

That's not the worst of it, he had to end the audition early because he had to go to mass and he put his granny in the kitchen and throughout the time we were there she kept calling for him :eek: I remember at one point she started walking towards the room we were in and he walked out and put her back into the kitchen! Never been so happy to have gotten out of that house! We thought the audition would have taken place in a rehearsal space or hall. Not in his grannies home. Anyway alls well that ends well :)

UGH!!!!! :mad::mad::mad: Just found out that my scheduled posts for my site didn't go off and now my site hasn't been updated in well over a week! Need to sort that out today now :rolleyes: I guess this is what happens when I try and get productive.

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    That's not the worst of it, he had to end the audition early because he had to go to mass and he put his granny in the kitchen and throughout the time we were there she kept calling for him :eek: I remember at one point she started walking towards the room we were in and he walked out and put her back into the kitchen! Never been so happy to have gotten out of that house! We thought the audition would have taken place in a rehearsal space or hall. Not in his grannies home. Anyway alls well that ends well :)

UGH!!!!! :mad::mad::mad: Just found out that my scheduled posts for my site didn't go off and now my site hasn't been updated in well over a week! Need to sort that out today now :rolleyes: I guess this is what happens when I try and get productive.

jesus the poor granny :(:(:(:(

Kiera wrote: »

let's see who can yell the loudest!
    Haha we did that last night. The game of today will be eye spy :p

Being a grownup means I can have cake for breakfast. Not that I should, but it was good :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I was doing the walk of shame (OK, stride of pride :pac: ) back to my apartment this morning, and was seriously regretting wearing sandals last night as my feet were slowly turning into two wet cold blocks of ice ... next thing, a taxi pulled in, it was a local fella I've gotten a few times before, and he insisted on bringing me home for free! How nice was that?! :) Lovely guy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement