Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Stride of pride! I love it!

Last weekend at the beach for me, met some friends and we had eggs and beer for breakfast. Going for cocktails and dinner later, then in search of mischief. I will miss this place :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

I have no idea what's wrong with me this week. I am just not in the form for drinking. It's so horrible outside. Would love to curl up with a fleecy blanket and cuddles for the day in front of a fire, but it's cemetery day in the graveyard that my mom is buried in, so I'm getting up and going to spend the day putting the final touches to her grave to make it look as beautiful as I can, for the cermony this evening. Please let it be fine for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Polloloca wrote: »
    I have no idea what's wrong with me this week. I am just not in the form for drinking. It's so horrible outside. Would love to curl up with a fleecy blanket and cuddles for the day in front of a fire, but it's cemetery day in the graveyard that my mom is buried in, so I'm getting up and going to spend the day putting the final touches to her grave to make it look as beautiful as I can, for the cermony this evening. Please let it be fine for it.

Big, huggley hugs for you chick :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I am 25 today I'm :D but also kind of, where are the years gone?? :eek:

I saw Prometheus last night and I agree with grindel, not the best. I was expecting so much more and
    there are so many holes in the plot!!

Looking at Professor Green on the tv - I have a little crush on him :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Being a grownup means I can have cake for breakfast. Not that I should, but it was good :D

Snap! My stupid body clock woke up me at four this morning on my only day off so to console myself I had a massive slab of birthday cake with a big mug of hot tea for brekkie. Was just nyom.

• Advertisement

Polloloca wrote: »

The rain is moving off so it should at least stop before this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Happy birthday Pixie! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

:D:D:D I just became friends with my nephew on Facebook, I haven't seen him since he was about 4, he's a teenager now :eek: It's crap losing contact with family as close as that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Happy quater of a century, PB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

There's a lot of talk of cake round these parts. Where my cake??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Susie_Q wrote: »

In my belly:D it was yummy

Susie_Q wrote: »

I don't normally have any cake but my mother (as always) somehow forgets when my birthday is so she brought over a cake yesterday.

I'm still gonna buy myself a cake on Wednesday (my actual birthday), gonna get me a Bewleys coffee cake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Happy Birthday Pixie! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    That's not the worst of it, he had to end the audition early because he had to go to mass and he put his granny in the kitchen and throughout the time we were there she kept calling for him :eek: I remember at one point she started walking towards the room we were in and he walked out and put her back into the kitchen! Never been so happy to have gotten out of that house! We thought the audition would have taken place in a rehearsal space or hall. Not in his grannies home. Anyway alls well that ends well :)

UGH!!!!! :mad::mad::mad: Just found out that my scheduled posts for my site didn't go off and now my site hasn't been updated in well over a week! Need to sort that out today now :rolleyes: I guess this is what happens when I try and get productive.

that sounds horrid! :eek:

yeah, I wouldn't have joined that band either :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Happy Birthday pb

oh and happy birthday! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Happy birthday PB!

PF, how was your party last night?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

krudler wrote: »
    in my hungoverness I watched Star Wars today, I've decided if I ever get married that I'm having this play as I enter the church, if the bride gets a theme tune so do I :pac:

now I just need to find a woman nerdy enough to along with this proposition..

i walked down the aisle to The Imperial March

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bzWSJG93P8

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Happy birthday to both pixies! :D Sorry your birthday didn't turn out as you'd hoped PF :(

I haz good news! I've been made a permanent organist at the church. I now get a paycheck. Officially :eek: :cool:

In other news, my friend's 21st last night was awesome. I had a great time, though I'm feeling a little rough this morning :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Meeting a boardsie tomorrow. I is excited. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Happy Birthday Pixie Bean, hope you have a great day :)

Sorry to hear about your party Pixie-Fairy :(
    I haz good news! I've been made a permanent organist at the church. I now get a paycheck. Officially :eek: :cool:
    I read this as 'Pregnant orgasm'. I don't know what is with me today, I am not with it at all.

i forgot the weighing scales is still broken

6-7 average apples would be 1kg right?

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Meeting a boardsie tomorrow. I is excited. :)

I wonder who! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Well i had a shít night :(

too much drama, too much crying :(

now i want to spend all day curled up in bed and just forget about it! :(

Aww sorry to hear that (ignore my original post asking you how the party was as I have now read this!).

What happened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Acoshla Hope you're better today and the bruises aren't too bad! At least there was someone in the house to take care of you and bring you tea x

Pixie-Fairy Sorry you had such a crappy night :( I have yet to have a birthday out drinking that doesn't end in drama. Try not to let it get you down x

Pixiebean happy birthday!!!!

mmmmmm rasher sandwiches are the bestest treats

They found that poor student's body this morning. :(

He was in one of Mike's lecture classes, lovely bloke

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I am 25 today I'm :D but also kind of, where are the years gone?? :eek:
    Happy Birthday PB!

Acoshla I hope you are okay after your fall last night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

RIP

That the guy that went missing in Dangan?

That the guy that went missing in Dangan?

Yeah, they've been out all week searching, but in the end he was found very close to where he went missing. :(

• Advertisement

RIP

Heard that this morning. So heartbreaking :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That's sad news. May he RIP. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Happy birthday, PB :) Have a lovely one :) x

first ever apple pie is in the oven oooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭auntyweeze

bluewolf wrote: »
    first ever apple pie is in the oven oooo

i want some.....pleeeeeeeeeeeeease

auntyweeze wrote: »
    i want some.....pleeeeeeeeeeeeease

you might not if it turns out a mess :eek:

i haven't made pastry since i was a kid, i had to squish it up and re-roll it after the first attempt :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭auntyweeze

bluewolf wrote: »
    you might not if it turns out a mess :eek:

i haven't made pastry since i was a kid, i had to squish it up and re-roll it after the first attempt :p

once its tasty who cares what it looks like ha
    some of my tastiest cakes have looked bad.
    post up some pics when its done mmmmm cake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Can i just say i will always be available to taste other peoples cooking.
    I cannot cook :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Was meant to be heading to Waterford today but plans are looking bleak, the OH needs to drop off some belongings to a friends family living outside the town. Taken advantage and going to look around and do some touristy stuff.

Just renewed my domain and wanting the money to come off my card so I can see what change I've left. Maybe do some Evay/Etsy scouring :D:D

Going to make these later hopefully, will reduce the amount of sugar though as I only have regular Bournaville cocoa powder, not unsweetened.

Going to make these later hopefully, will reduce the amount of sugar though as I only have regular Bournaville cocoa powder, not unsweetened.

Didn't think the regular kind (the one in the red tub?) had any added sugar.. pretty sure it's just pure cocoa.

• Advertisement

well, mum's verdict is "omg omg this is amazing" :cool::cool::cool:
    glad i doubled the cinnamon and only 2/3 of the sugar
    gonna try some now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Going on my holidays with the man tonight! taking the ferry to scotland so should be loadsa fun!!

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

Love how everyone's baking today (I blame the weather)
    I made white chocolate and raspberry brownies yesterday (from the cooking club recipe). My family devoured them and I got one square when I got home. :(

So today in going to make twice as much :D

Didn't think the regular kind (the one in the red tub?) had any added sugar.. pretty sure it's just pure cocoa.
    Really? I assumed it was just regular cocoa not unsweetened as I cannot see anything on the tub about it being unsweetened, Google isn't proving much help either.

Really? I assumed it was just regular cocoa not unsweetened as I cannot see anything on the tub about it being unsweetened, Google isn't proving much help either.

Ingredients: Fairtrade Cocoa

If you look at the nutrition info, you'll see the "of which sugars" is 0.0g. So, no sugar. The only bit that has sugars mentioned is the "per serving", as in the prepared cocoa with milk. So there the sugars are coming from the milk sugars.

So go ahead and make nyommy brownies there do ;)

Ingredients: Fairtrade Cocoa

If you look at the nutrition info, you'll see the "of which sugars" is 0.0g. So, no sugar. The only bit that has sugars mentioned is the "per serving", as in the prepared cocoa with milk. So there the sugars are coming from the milk sugars.

So go ahead and make nyommy brownies there do ;)
    I missed that bit on the tub :o I don't know what is with me today, made tea for the mother earlier, and accidentally made it the same way my bf drinks his tea, didn't realise 'til she took a mouthful. :o

Thanks so much for your help WN, will make the brownies and report back on the result :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Being a grownup means I can have cake for breakfast. Not that I should, but it was good :D

I had pizza for breakfast, when surrounded by cake savoury things look so much more appealing :)
    bubblefett wrote: »
    Acoshla Hope you're better today and the bruises aren't too bad! At least there was someone in the house to take care of you and bring you tea x

Thanks :) But the bruises are awful, pink, purple and black, and the bottom of my back is all swollen and roasting, my jeans are agony. All under and down my arm is black too, ouchies. Work today was tough enough, but I was so lucky that I didn't break a bone, hit my face or hands off something.
    Yeah, they've been out all week searching, but in the end he was found very close to where he went missing. :(

Aw no, at least he was found though :(

witchhazel will help the bruises

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

First triathlon for me today. Fecked up the swim but had a great day. Now off for beers soon. :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement