Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

bluewolf wrote: »
    witchhazel will help the bruises

Nice guy at work said get Arnica, couldn't be bothered getting anything today because I was wrecked and my priority was to get a top for tonight :o But I'll get something tomorrow. Going for a spa day on Tuesday and luckily I've booked a head neck and shoulders massage, won't go near my bruisey back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Acoshla wrote: »

Thanks :) But the bruises are awful, pink, purple and black, and the bottom of my back is all swollen and roasting, my jeans are agony. All under and down my arm is black too, ouchies. Work today was tough enough, but I was so lucky that I didn't break a bone, hit my face or hands off something.

Hope your back is ok! Are you able to move it and all that? I'm sure it could have been worse, but it's still a pretty painful dose! I hope you're being well looked after!

Acoshla wrote: »
    Nice guy at work said get Arnica, couldn't be bothered getting anything today because I was wrecked and my priority was to get a top for tonight :o But I'll get something tomorrow. Going for a spa day on Tuesday and luckily I've booked a head neck and shoulders massage, won't go near my bruisey back.

i can come work for you in the meantime now that i know how to make apple pie :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Hope your back is ok! Are you able to move it and all that? I'm sure it could have been worse, but it's still a pretty painful dose! I hope you're being well looked after!

I can walk fine but can't bend, sit or lie down without it hurting, it's all the base of my back that hurts, and the back of my right arm. Going to have sit against the wall in the pub tonight! :) I am being well looked after by my mommy, was working from 9 to 2 (was up at 7 with the pain of lying down), she made me yummy dinner and dessert and tea :)
    i can come work for you in the meantime now that i know how to make apple pie :D

I'm off til Thursday, huzzah!! And I don't make apple pie...but I do eat it :):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

My level 8 Rogue is simply no match for the Shade Demons in Danarius' mansion. Ye gods, it's not even a boss battle and I've had my ass handed to me! D:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Chinese for dinner, nom nom nom! :D

They made a mistake and sent us two portions of spring rolls instead of one :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

It's time for another Good Idea / Bad Idea

Good Idea:
    Make summer berry buns

Bad idea:
    Use frozen summer berries that freeze the bun mix and you have to chip it into bun cases.

They look good now though!

Also I saw this ad on another site and it's really creepy:

Chinese for dinner, nom nom nom! :D

They made a mistake and sent us two portions of spring rolls instead of one :D

i'm so full up from a slice of pie i can never ever possibly eat again... but some chicken balls and prawn toast would be lovely

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Also I saw this ad on another site and it's really creepy:

What.. is that..? It's not a kids' toy.. is it? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Is it actually real or just a joke ad...looks horrible if it's real.

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

saw Prometheus, meh. visually amazing but full of stupid plot holes, pity was really looking forward to it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Ophiopogon wrote: »
    Is it actually real or just a joke ad...looks horrible if it's real.

It's real.

It's one of those online game things. Not for kids I wouldn't think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

My head is a bit all over the place today. One of my best friends from school just vanished off the face of the planet in 2009. For no good reason that I know of he just stopped answering texts/calls/emails and stopped sending Christmas/birthday cards (a tradition of ours). I tried loads of times to get in touch and got nothing back. We have no mutual friends so I couldn't try and suss out what was going on that way. Eventually I just tried to forget about it and move on, which I have except for the odd time I'd try to find him on Facebook or something just to see if I could find out what he was up to.

Then after work yestday I had a voicemail rom him saying hi, blast from the past I know just thought it'd be nice to catch up sure give me a call back or I'll try again in a few days. WTF?? 3 years later? I can't decide whether to bother contacting him again, what's the point when he's probably going to feck off again. We've nothing in common at this stage but then part of me feels maybe everyone deserves a second chance. Argh!!

i'd respond and ask him why he disappeared and make it clear you weren't happy without starting a fight about it
    see how he reacts and go from there
    he could be an asshole or he could be one of those "it's been 2 years since i talked to my friends because i slipped into depression and then the gap got so long i felt bad but now i'm going to try" which sounds unlikely given the blast from the past wording but anyway give it a go

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Yeah I'd talk to him angeldelight, see what happened. You don't always know what is going on in people's head even people you are close too.

If anything it will give you peace of mind.

i'm so full up from a slice of pie i can never ever possibly eat again... but some chicken balls and prawn toast would be lovely
    I actually had crispy prawn rolls, first time ever I had them, they were scrumptious.

They had a delicious, smooth, almost biscuit like coating on the outside and delicious, creamy prawns on the inside. I wouldn't normally like prawns (or most fish) but decided to give these a try, am so glad I did.

I'm going to make home made mushroom soup and some brownies too. Hope my mother is finished in the kitchen soon so I can start cooking/baking. Man, I just love baking/cooking <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I am 25 today I'm :D but also kind of, where are the years gone?? :eek:

Happy Birthday! :)
    tatabubbly wrote: »
    Going on my holidays with the man tonight! taking the ferry to scotland so should be loadsa fun!!

Have a great time :)

Heading out tonight with work peoples, those nights are always great! Can't find anything nice to wear that doesn't proudly display my big bloaty belleh, gah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

I am so hungover today and I want cuddles :( This is when a boy would come in handy :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Yay for hearing from a close friend! We used to be unusually close,
    but due to some bad decisions, were
    not as close as we used to be.

I always love hearing from him though. It is one of those friendships where you mightn't speak to each other for months but when you do, it's like you were only speaking yesterday. He's the only person I feel I can tell
    anything to, even the baddest feelings, without being judged and he always knows what to do. He's helped me through so much and while I'm sorry we will never be as tight as we used to be, I know he's somebody I will
    always be able to rely on, as will I for him should he ever need me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

krudler wrote: »
    saw Prometheus, meh. visually amazing but full of stupid plot holes, pity was really looking forward to it.

So disappointed by the film. The more I think about it the more disappointed I get. Just can't believe Ridley Scott didn't put more thought into it. He should've known that after all these years fans would be trying to fit it in around the other films etc. and it just doesn't.

I'm having birthday cake now, heated up chocolate cake with vanilla ice-cream, so tasty :D feel like I'm going to explode after all the treats today

im dying for bacon and eggs or something!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Just back from another walk (with a tiny bit of running) yeeeeeeah! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

he could be one of those "it's been 2 years since i talked to my friends because i slipped into depression and then the gap got so long i felt bad but now i'm going to try" which sounds unlikely given the blast from the past wording but anyway give it a go

Not that unlikely I'd think. Could be a "Sound all cheery and stuff so I don't seem all needy" sort of thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

My WoW account got hacked and all my gold is gone and my original toon got deleted :(:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Going out tonight with my best friend who hasn't been home since April :D Yay!

So disappointed by the film. The more I think about it the more disappointed I get. Just can't believe Ridley Scott didn't put more thought into it. He should've known that after all these years fans would be trying to fit it in around the other films etc. and it just doesn't.

I'm having birthday cake now, heated up chocolate cake with vanilla ice-cream, so tasty :D feel like I'm going to explode after all the treats today

it was written by one of the guys who wrote Lost, that probably explains all the plot holes :pac: it does look stunning though, its a good sci fi movie but it was always going to be compared to the Alien movies even though its not really a full prequel more a standalone film in the same universe, different planet etc. I enjoyed the first 2/3rds of it then it kinda fell apart. the surgery scene is manky though even if it makes no sense that
    she's up and running around with staples holding her stomach together a few seconds later after having major invasive surgery.

jujibee wrote: »
    My WoW account got hacked and all my gold is gone and my original toon got deleted :(:mad:

That's a sentence I haven't heard in about 3 years!

Hope you can get sorted out somehow..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

it was written by one of the guys who wrote Lost, that probably explains all the plot holes :pac: it does look stunning though, its a good sci fi movie but it was always going to be compared to the Alien movies even though its not really a full prequel more a standalone film in the same universe, different planet etc. I enjoyed the first 2/3rds of it then it kinda fell apart. the surgery scene is manky though even if it makes no sense that
    she's up and running around with staples holding her stomach together a few seconds later after having major invasive surgery.

Ah sure I know. I was in a packed cinema and you could hear all the women around going "ah feck off!" :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭cena

My head is a bit all over the place today. One of my best friends from school just vanished off the face of the planet in 2009. For no good reason that I know of he just stopped answering texts/calls/emails and stopped sending Christmas/birthday cards (a tradition of ours). I tried loads of times to get in touch and got nothing back. We have no mutual friends so I couldn't try and suss out what was going on that way. Eventually I just tried to forget about it and move on, which I have except for the odd time I'd try to find him on Facebook or something just to see if I could find out what he was up to.

Then after work yestday I had a voicemail rom him saying hi, blast from the past I know just thought it'd be nice to catch up sure give me a call back or I'll try again in a few days. WTF?? 3 years later? I can't decide whether to bother contacting him again, what's the point when he's probably going to feck off again. We've nothing in common at this stage but then part of me feels maybe everyone deserves a second chance. Argh!!

Its been over three years since i've spoken to my friends face to face. Only speak through facebook its not the same. I find it hard going up to them cause I had an accident in the town that they all live in and I have bad thought of the time.

One of them know I don't be avoiding them. When I told her I had depression she sort of knew that it was due to the injury etc.

I do wish they would make the time to come down to see me.:(

As the rest have said

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

I really want a cup of coffee but we have no milk and the shop is so far awwaaayyyy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Happy Birthday, Pixie!

Das, enjoy your date with the "mystery" boardsie tomorrow.

A friend who moved abroad recently is home for the long weekend. Going out to celebrate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Confined to my room to get away from the "what the hell are you doing here" looks I'm getting from housemates friends who are over drinking with them. Gah. Sooner he moves out the better.

Confined to my room to get away from the "what the hell are you doing here" looks I'm getting from housemates friends

:eek:

Who is paying rent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

girlfriend cooked awesome dinner, now we're gonna settle in with hot chocolates and watch a korean serial killer movie!

korean serial killer movies are THE BEST :D

totally unrelated to anything

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Confined to my room to get away from the "what the hell are you doing here" looks I'm getting from housemates friends who are over drinking with them. Gah. Sooner he moves out the better.

tell them to sod off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Just sitting here eating a Toblerone. Sometimes it really is the little things. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Went to see Snow White and the huntsman. Thought it was quite good.

Almost have all the washing done. This weekend has been a success :)

Can't wait for game of thrones!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Went to see Snow White and the huntsman. Thought it was quite good.

Almost have all the washing done. This weekend has been a success :)

Can't wait for game of thrones!

last episode :'(

Links234 wrote: »
    girlfriend cooked awesome dinner, now we're gonna settle in with hot chocolates and watch a korean serial killer movie!

I Saw The Devil?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

last episode :'(

I'm sad. But I know it's going to be epic :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Drinking a can of Strawberry Kiss cider and watching the A-Team movie :D:D Sister gave me my birthday presents which were all awesome :) I am really happy right now :)

Links234 wrote: »

I Saw The Devil?

Already watched that with her. Tonight its the chaser. :D bleak

Made the brownies and they are horrid, my own fault :(

I had everything weighed out and mixed (according to the recipe) and when it came to the eggs I only had two, I don't know where the rest of them went. Only had 100g cocoa. I used the wrong brown sugar I think, I used soft dark brown sugar, should have used the demerara sugar. Didn't have enough butter, so had to use a bit of utterly butterly (I know, I know), also didn't have min chips, I did have some, but don't know where they are.

The brownies are very dry and have a powdery taste.

Will try again and hopefully get them right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Made the brownies and they are horrid, my own fault :(

I had everything weighed out and mixed (according to the recipe) and when it came to the eggs I only had two, I don't know where the rest of them went. Only had 100g cocoa. I used the wrong brown sugar I think, I used soft dark brown sugar, should have used the demerara sugar. Didn't have enough butter, so had to use a bit of utterly butterly (I know, I know), also didn't have min chips, I did have some, but don't know where they are.

The brownies are very dry and have a powdery taste.

Will try again and hopefully get them right.

Ah now really ... you shouldn't have that utterly butterly crap in the house, let alone be using it for baking! :eek:

Ah now really ... you shouldn't have that utterly butterly crap in the house, let alone be using it for baking! :eek:

haha I agree

I know I shouldn't have used it in baking, but said I'd give it a try anyway and see, seen as though I only used a small bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Just finished watching Silent Night Deadly Night 2, it's the best bad movie I've seen in a while, the lead actor is hilarious :pac:

Really wanted chinese. Settled for a salad. Bawwww-ring.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement