Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Lola92 wrote: »
    Annnnd I got it! :D Have to go for a training & induction day on Friday. It's only a holiday relief job so it won't be regular/ a lot of hours but it's something and it will be really good experience hopefully! :)

Congratulations! :) I'm delighted for you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Annnnd I got it! :D Have to go for a training & induction day on Friday. It's only a holiday relief job so it won't be regular/ a lot of hours but it's something and it will be really good experience hopefully! :)

Yay it was defo my toe crossing :P

great work pixie
    congrats lola
    great idea stench :D

i'm tempted to go nuts on bookdepository as a self treat...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I love my boyfriend's mom :) She heard I was was sick again so she called into me with sick-friendly foods. She's also been onto her doctor fishing for free medical advice for me. I loves her :D
    It's nice cause the OH is in the studio all day so can't see me :(

Congrats Lola! Great news on the job- never know what can come out of temp work :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Wedding dress ordered! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

:( first exam today was very tough.

well
    there's certainly a lot of trashy vampire fiction out there isn't there...

dark taste of rapture
    unrestrained passion
    lol!
    and this in the scifi&fantasy section

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Anyone have an ideas to do for a 21st? Mines coming up this month, keeping in mind that I have a Communion the next day that I can't be hungover for? Saying that I am not totally diminishing having drinks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    Anyone have an ideas to do for a 21st? Mines coming up this month, keeping in mind that I have a Communion the next day that I can't be hungover for? Saying that I am not totally diminishing having drinks :D
    What about a themed house party?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Lecturers who hand out 69's on exams should be shot for cruelty - so close!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Lecturers who hand out 69's on exams should be shot for cruelty - so close!!

*cough*

if-you-know-what-i-mean.png

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

bluewolf wrote: »
    well
    there's certainly a lot of trashy vampire fiction out there isn't there...

dark taste of rapture
    unrestrained passion
    lol!
    and this in the scifi&fantasy section

Is shagging vampires a normal teenage fantasy now?

I'm trying to think back to what the craze was when I was 14-15, and the only thing I can think of is boys with cars. But not for me personally, I was a boys without cars fan. Rebel that I am.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Is shagging vampires a normal teenage fantasy now?

I'm trying to think back to what the craze was when I was 14-15, and the only thing I can think of is boys with cars. But not for me personally, I was a boys without cars fan. Rebel that I am.

I don't know. I'm just laughing at all these book covers!!!
    Trashy trashy :D
    When I was about 13 I was mad into Anne Rice... but then I discovered scifi&fantasy so that's been my obsession since

okay 40 euro of books ordered
    yes i have a problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Random idea; paintballing? You won't be drinking all day while you're there, but you can still have a few drinks afterwards? And it'd be sooo much fun!
    People probably wouldn't mind paying for themselves either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

What about doing for dinner with family/friends?

I did that for my 21st recently and had a ball. Everyone had a great night and there were no hangovers the next day either.

My mother paid for it for me but no one knew that until the night of my birthday so everyone was prepared to pay for themselves, so maybe it might be an idea for you.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

FYP done and handed in - nearly killed me today, after 2 hours sleep last night, I was fit to throttle it. Ended up going to work with battery of laptop empty, and lead left at home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

In bed now with a movie and a can of coke, well deserved after all the studying I did today! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

EmilyO wrote: »
    Random idea; paintballing? You won't be drinking all day while you're there, but you can still have a few drinks afterwards? And it'd be sooo much fun!
    People probably wouldn't mind paying for themselves either.

I've never been paint balling before :D Sounds like it could be an option.
    What about doing for dinner with family/friends?

I did that for my 21st recently and had a ball. Everyone had a great night and there were no hangovers the next day either.

My mother paid for it for me but no one knew that until the night of my birthday so everyone was prepared to pay for themselves, so maybe it might be an idea for you.

I went for dinner last year with my sister's and their partners and my boyfriend. My sister got seriously drunk before she came and humiliated me! :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Pixie, I just wanted to say I admire you so much for taking the first step especially when you have tough times with exams.You are an inspiration. 4 stone loss is amazing.Don't worry about going over to a friend's tonight, if you don't want to be alone there is no reason you should be. x x x

Congrats on the job Lola.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Night duty really messes up my sleep pattern. I wouldn't mind if it was 3 or 4 nights in a row, but it was last night, off tonight, on tomorrow night, off the next two nights then on for another night. I'm gonna be so messed up by the weekend :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Why does imminent exam time make me so productive in every area but study? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I'm gonna go home and bake the crap outta my kitchen.

Did you get the flour you were looking for?

I really need a blender that wasn't made in the 70s/80s just bit down on a lump of ginger that wasn't blended properly.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Ruh-roh - sore throat

But, Game of Thrones :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Okaywhatever that's quite crap of your chemist! It takes about 5 minutes to set someone up with an emergency dps once you have their pps number. Go back to them tomorrow. I actually can't believe you cried and they still didn't think to offer! It's 132 for the month and implanon is definitely covered. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

evenings plan is work out now, then shower, food, tea, Game Of Thrones! monday days suck, monday nights are awesomeballs, at least for the next 6 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Just back from a long walk. I walked with wrist and leg weights and boy am I paying for it. Did around 8k... Hoping to tone up my legs n arms a little before holidays.

i swear i could tear into a chicken chow mein right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

tumblr_m0urzeEw7z1rppi2wo2_500.gif

I don't know why I find this as funny as I do but I have tears streaming down my face from laughing so hard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Orla K wrote: »
    Did you get the flour you were looking for?

I really need a blender that wasn't made in the 70s/80s just bit down on a lump of ginger that wasn't blended properly.

I did indeed. But unfortunatley the cake didn't turn out as nice.

My kitchen is full of rhubarby cakes now :)

My boyfriend is the best. I'm so lucky :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Does he work Jane? or work funny hours? hard to keep the body clock regular when your hours are all over the place or when you don't work. People who don't work are probably more tired than people who do purely because of boredom/lack of routine.

No he doesn't work. He has no real routine tbh. I'm worrying myself tbh, I was considering depression but don't know if I'm over-reacting, I don't think I am. He can't seem to sleep until about 6am-7am and sleeps til the afternoon. I think he's going to go to the doctor. I practically begged him. :o

Congratulations Lola! :D

Pixie-Fairy, fair play to you for taking the first step hun. You're so brave. :) xx

I miss my bf now. I just got home from his place, I was there for the weekend.

Congratulation Lola, best of luck with the job :)

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    No he doesn't work. He has no real routine tbh. I'm worrying myself tbh, I was considering depression but don't know if I'm over-reacting, I don't think I am. He can't seem to sleep until about 6am-7am and sleeps til the afternoon. I think he's going to go to the doctor. I practically begged him. :o

I'd be the first to tell someone to go to a doctor if they thought they were depressed but if he's not working and has no routine and stays awake til that time he's just not tired and it's made his routine go all ar$eways, he needs to tire himself out during the day somehow and go to bed early and force himself to get up early. When I was unemployed I stayed up all night one night and realised it was a slippery slope, after that I never went to bed later than 3am (unless I was out) and always woke up and got by 10.30am at the latest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Acoshla wrote: »
    When I was unemployed I stayed up all night one night and realised it was a slippery slope, after that I never went to bed later than 3am (unless I was out and always woke up and got by 10.30am at the latest.
    I did something similar when I was on the dole before going back into final year in college... ended up having my sleeping pattern completely flipped by watching as much live coverage as possible during the Beijing Olympics. Was fun trying to switch my body clock back from that to 4 9am lectures every week when I went back to college... :eek:

Acoshla wrote: »
    I'd be the first to tell someone to go to a doctor if they thought they were depressed but if he's not working and has no routine and stays awake til that time he's just not tired and it's made his routine go all ar$eways, he needs to tire himself out during the day somehow and go to bed early and force himself to get up early. When I was unemployed I stayed up all night one night and realised it was a slippery slope, after that I never went to bed later than 3am (unless I was out) and always woke up and got by 10.30am at the latest.

Yeah see that's why I thought I might be over-reacting. He insists he's fine though. Oh I don't know what to do tbh. Maybe I should just keep an eye on him and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Thats a good idea about making sure you get up by a certain time. I'm gonna take peoples advice on that one. I find when I sleep in I feel really lethargic and don't want to do much.

I've listed loads of my shoes on ebay. My pride and joys :(

On the other hand, I must get the forms to fill out for my visa and check up flight prices today. So funny how much they can change over a few days!

Actually that is a really good idea. I might actually take that advice myself. My sleeping routine is a bit out of sorts too so maybe if he sees me trying to fix mine he'll do the same. It's worth a shot. Even if it doesn't work, it'll be good for me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Felt like Dumbeldore in the cave when he was drinking the potion to get the Horcrux. :D
    Oh no, poor you! Does not sound pleasant. :(
    Novella wrote: »
    Car accident on my way to college this morning made me an hour and a half late for my exam. Obviously the main thing is that no one was injured etc., but I'm a little bit gutted that I had to do a two and a half hour exam in one hour. Definitely didn't do very well. I think I could actually cry.
    Talk about bad timing. That sucks. :(
    Have to go for a training & induction day on Friday. It's only a holiday relief job so it won't be regular/ a lot of hours but it's something and it will be really good experience hopefully! :)
    Eeeeeeeek, congratulations! :D

Well done on going to the doctor's, Pixie! It must have been really hard for you- I'm glad it went well. :)

Links- I hope you get yourself to your psychologist or GP asap! It's no good feeling so bad. I hope things improve for you soon.

Continued best wishes to all those doing their exams at the moment. xxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

sorry for not saying anything earlier, I think I'll be alright

I'm going to see my GP soon, but the psychologist is expensive enough and in Dublin, so I don't think I can any time soon.

Links, I hope you feel better soon. :) xx

I really wish we had room for another dog here. The LSPCA Rescue have a 1 and a half year old lab x mastiff and he is just gorgeous! I really hope someone can rehome him, he looks like he'd make a lovely pet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Links, I hope you feel better soon. :) xx

I think it's general stress that's come to a head tbh :(

I'm really gonna unwind at the weekend

wish I was curled up in bed watching the Venture Brothers with my girlfriend right now :o

Studying trade unions is my favourite way to spend a Monday night.

NAT.

That's a good idea Links, you should relax and unwind because you deserve it. :)

Weighing myself in the morning. Hopefully I've lost a couple of lbs in the last week. I've been eating my 3 meals a day and getting some exercise to lose it slowly. I need to shape up my tummy so I'm going to start doing some sit-ups.

I'd be scared to weigh myself, especially after the weekend of food I just had, I seriously overindulged....as if that's any different to what I do every day :(

Found this song at the end of last week's episode of Criminal Minds and I can't stop listening to it, the lyrics are just gorgeous. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Ate no junk at all last week, lots of good, clean food and I'm up a pound. Ugh. I'm blaming PMT :(

Dolorous wrote: »
    Ate no junk at all last week, lots of good, clean food and I'm up a pound. Ugh. I'm blaming PMT :(

That could actually be it. I remember being told at a Weight Watchers meeting a couple of years back that the week or so before your period and the week of your period can cause you to put up a little bit of weight.

I'm too scared to weigh myself these days, I know it'd only depress me if I did. I'm constantly yo-yoing...how I envy people who stay a size 8 no matter what!
    As for the period thing, I just got mine now, ten days after my last one ended. Not impressed :mad: Definitely not weighing myself for a while!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

wrecked, but that good kind of wrecked after exercise, I have little patience for this stuff though I want to be able to lift heavier weights after like a week of working out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

How do you begin to regain trust in a relationship after it is gone? Or is it a case of because trust is gone then the relationship is over? Just wanted to know you ladies opinions :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement