Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

ihsb wrote: »
    How do you begin to regain trust in a relationship after it is gone? Or is it a case of because trust is gone then the relationship is over? Just wanted to know you ladies opinions :)
    It would depend on why the trust was broken, I think anyway.

Personally, if the trust was broken because of cheating, there would be no going back for me. It would be the end of the relationship.

I personally think though that if you don't have trust in a relationship, then you have nothing to build a relationship on.

I mean, if you don't trust your partner, how can you be in a relationship with them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

ihsb, I agree with Muffin, depends on why the trust was lost in the first place. Cheating would be a total deal breaker for me tbh, I'd be completely devastated if I was cheated on.

Headache and no panadol to be found in the house. Lovely. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

How do you begin to regain trust in a relationship after it is gone? Or is it a case of because trust is gone then the relationship is over? Just wanted to know you ladies opinions :)

It depends on the level of betrayal and how badly both parties want to mend it IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I slightly want to shoot myself if I have to do much more statistics, and I've only really started in earnest. In a letter to my 17 year old self I would tell her to cop on and not do economics at this point, she'll hate it....

Hope everyone elses study is going better than mine is. The fear has hit in with tears and all. T-17 days.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

+1 to the other girl's answers. It's hard to answer, there are many ways for trust to be lost and then regained. It depends totally on the individual circumstances. If you need more specific advice, you can post in the Relationship Issues forum of the Personal Issues forum. You can post unregistered there if privacy is an issue.

Best of look with the study, lilmissprincess. xx

Right, loungers, better turn in. Bought lots of yummy multivitamins today, but there'll be no good to me without a decent(ish) night's sleep. Nightio. :)

• Advertisement

Danza Kuduro is ridiculously catchy and I'm singing it despite the fact that it's in Spanish! :D :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

I can't sleep :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    I can't sleep :(
    same :(

Links234 wrote: »
    same :(

Was on night duty last night, asked the bf to wake me today at like 4.30pm but he let me sleep til like 7pm, bless him, he thought it would help... But will be awake all night now :(

I'm meant to be training my sleep patterns so I can be up early on friday morning (will need to be up at 5am) yet I've never been as restless in ages...

on the plus side, I've gotten to use my epilator so my legs are nice and smooth for the trip away. well, kinda smooth, they're a little bit bumpy after the epilator, but that'll be gone tomorrow ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

love when you hit shuffle on your ipod and it plays something you havent heard in ages, that being this, tis beautiful

I've just listened to Danza Kuduro about ten times, then listened to Dragostea Din Tei and now I'm listening to Basshunter.. This coming from someone who generally listens to Alter Bridge, Daughtry, Green Day etc.. What the feck has happened to me??! :eek: :p

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    What the feck has happened to me??! :eek: :p

Sometimes it's nice to listen to something different, outside your comfort zone ;)

Sometimes it's nice to listen to something different, outside your comfort zone ;)

Ah it can't hurt. I go through phases like this. I was listening to the radio the other day and found myself liking Justin Bieber's new song though.. :o

At the moment I'm just clicking random videos on YouTube.. Love doing this! :D

90% of my music collection is film scores, I love how a great film composer can make the music fit the scene perfectly, to the point where you can see it play out in your head as the music plays.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,565 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I approve of this eloquent description of filum choons. Must check out more.

dammit, I keep trying to sleep and I keep listening to stuff,underrated composer shoutout time, James Newton Howard, his stuff is amazing, even for movies which arent very good (see most of M Night Shyamalans films) like this:

Attempting to rid myself of aforementioned headache. My search for panadol has been unsuccessful so I have decided to put music on very low and try to relax. Night night loungers. :) xx

I approve of this eloquent description of filum choons. Must check out more.

don't get me started :pac: I'm sure I bore people enough round these parts with my harping on about film music

Attempting to rid myself of aforementioned headache. My search for panadol has been unsuccessful so I have decided to put music on very low and try to relax. Night night loungers. :) xx

go to this website, www.rainymood.com and just leave the volume low enough to hear, works a treat for me to doze off to

• Advertisement

This version of Wild World is really good I think. Had it on repeat the whole way home from work this morning, haven't stopped singing it and it's my ringtone :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,565 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

so i went to the doctors this morning

it was really good...it was eye opening to say the least
    i pretty much explained everything to her
    she told me that i have to quit drinking and that i was lucky i didnt get alcohol poisoning its not doing me any favours
    the cuts and bruises that i have are fine they will go away
    she told me if i have any bad thoughts i need to distract myself from them in some way
    she told me that its ok to admit it that i should be proud that im taking this step but i need to find a way to get out what i feel
    she told me that i should be so proud of my achievements so far and keep thinking about them and see how i can improve them
    i lost close to 5 stone in the past year but i have gained about 1 stone again
    she told me to look at the positive i know that i can do it

i do need to talk about it i cant bottle things up anymore
    its not worth loosing my friends or my sanity
    i want to be me again i want to be the genuine happy person that i used to me
    im just a shadow of myself who seems hell bent on destroying my life and pretending everything is fine when really it isnt

ill be honest a few times i did think about killing myself just to get it over and done with
    you dont even know the amount of times ive looked at a knife or looked at neurfen and thought its easy or ive wanted to throw myself under a bus
    i couldnt because i kept thinking to myself what if it doesnt work? What if i wake up in hospital...people will know..people will judge? then i thought about what would happen to the person who found me or to the bus driver i would ruin their lives...i would hurt my family, my friends... i couldnt do it to them either....

i feel better after seeing her which is good considering i forced myself out of bed this morning to make the call
    she said that she would hate herself if she prescribed something to me seeing as it will make me worse before it will make me better
    so i have to back to her after my exams and sort it all out for good
    for now i need to keep strong and try block out any bad though and try do something positive
    i really really dont wanna be on my own tonight but i think ill have to ill just keep the tv on and pretend that there is someone here with me until my housemate comes home!

sorry that i havent mentioned this before i really didnt want to admit it
    i was happy to pretend everything was ok while on boards
    i didnt want people to know..i didnt want to burden people
    i didnt want people to think that i was just doing it for attention

thanks for showing how much ye care i really appreciate it so so much! :)

Hey there, I don't know you, nor do I post in this thread much. Just want to say I admire you for having the courage for doing something about it. I also suffer from depression, have done since I was a kid. Very few people know I do, it is very hard to admit. I have lost 4 friends to suicide and it's something I would never do, not because I "couldn't" do it, but because I love my family, and I would never put my mother through it, no way!

So keep the head up, take as many positives out of life as you can, you are young, you are one of a kind and you are wanted. All the best for the future :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Got my interview tomorrow - am quite nervous but trying to be as prepared as possible. This is what my apartment looked like last night as I made poster notes to help me prepare!

PS Yes, that is an orange plastic patio table - it was cheap!

1-8.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

Thank you lovely ladies. Not cheating in a physical sense. More lying and emotional. I don't want to post in PI... too much info to give.

Another full-day in work today. I actually have to start going to bed before midnight because I keep waking up tired.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

OMG Game of Thrones was amazeballs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

OMG Game of Thrones was amazeballs.

SHHHHHH I have to wait til tonight to watch it :(

... just how amazeballs though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Amazeballs? Really Stenchy?

I'm gonna have to start putting people on my "list" with their silly words :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Garg, I'm sick but I've been offered paid workfor the rest of this week. I really want to do it cause I'm desperate for the cash- also it's the kind of place that will take me back again if they need help.
    Why does no one ever offer me work when I'm healthy?!

Edit: called them and said I'd do it :) I'll be fine, I'm not as bad as I was yesterday so I think by tomorrow I'll be grand. Also MONEY!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Whoever came up with the 'pinching ovaries' metaphor (I can't remember who), deserves a Pullitzer, because that describes exactly the pain I have right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

EmilyO wrote: »
    Whoever came up with the 'pinching ovaries' metaphor (I can't remember who), deserves a Pullitzer, because that describes exactly the pain I have right now.

It was me :o

Someone is using them as stressballs.

Kiera wrote: »
    It was me :o

Someone is using them as stressballs.

Damn them! Off to the chemist to wrestle for some nurofen plus *sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Forgive me Kiera :D

PAYDAY!!!!!

Reading an article the other day on what it is to be Irish and one of the things was "You've had a conversation with your friends (or multiple) about the best ways to get Nurofen Plus" - makes us sound like codeine mad people, but its true...

Had a bit of a crying fit last night when the fear kicked in, and am now working my way through the second set of slides for this topic, having stayed up til two doing the first lot. My lecturer is not only in my bad books for proofreading, but also lack of clarity, I haven't a notion what she's on about.

Hugs for all the ladies :D

• Advertisement

Kiera wrote: »
    Amazeballs? Really Stenchy?

I'm gonna have to start putting people on my "list" with their silly words :P

you have to start watching good tv :p

Morning Loungers, how are we all today? Good luck once again to people doing exams. :)

I lost 2lbs last week, I'm very happy about that! It's a step in the right direction. I'm 12st 3, it's way too much for my height because I'm not even 5ft. Around 3 years ago I was a stone heavier, I'm glad I kept that off. I seem to hold all my excess weight around my tummy and my hip area so fingers crossed it goes from there and my boobs don't shrink.. :o I'd be ecstatic if I could lose another stone at least. :)

Off for a walk now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Somehow managed to sleep for thirteen hours last night and I'm now lethargic from oversleeping. Also starting to realise that I'm utterly screwed for at least two of my exams. :(

Got two free tickets to a pre-screening of the American Pie movie tonight :D

Morning Loungers, how are we all today? Good luck once again to people doing exams. :)

I lost 2lbs last week, I'm very happy about that! It's a step in the right direction. I'm 12st 3, it's way too much for my height because I'm not even 5ft. Around 3 years ago I was a stone heavier, I'm glad I kept that off. I seem to hold all my excess weight around my tummy and my hip area so fingers crossed it goes from there and my boobs don't shrink.. :o I'd be ecstatic if I could lose another stone at least. :)

Off for a walk now. :)

holding it there is usually sugar or insulin something or other
    cut out bread and stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

bluewolf wrote: »
    holding it there is usually sugar or insulin something or other
    cut out bread and stuff

I think it's insulin resistant and/or leptin resistant when you hold your fat in your belly. If you cut out bread, other starchy carbs and sugar it should help but starting out I'd concintrate more on getting good things into you first, vegetables, fish, meat, fats when you feel confident about that then start cutting things out. But that's just the way I'd do things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Sooo much to do today and yet here I am on boards, still in my pjs and drinking tea. Got a sudden burst of energy yesterday and did loads of dusting and floor-washing in one half of the house, now I have to finish it or the other half will look exceptionally shabby haha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

I feel your pain completely. I have endometriosis and am waiting to go for a laparoscopy and d&c in three weeks time. It will be my fourth time getting this done but the relief lasts for a couple of years or more so it is worth it. :)

Starting my course on Monday and I am feeling nervous about it, but am not really sure why :confused:

ellieh1 wrote: »
    I feel your pain completely. I have endometriosis and am waiting to go for a laparoscopy and d&c in three weeks time. It will be my fourth time getting this done but the relief lasts for a couple of years or more so it is worth it. :)

Starting my course on Monday and I am feeling nervous about it, but am not really sure why :confused:

I was actually looking that up last night (I don't have it, just curious!). It sounds awfully painful :( Is the procedure painful? Good luck with the course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

I was actually looking that up last night (I don't have it, just curious!). It sounds awfully painful :( Is the procedure painful? Good luck with the course :)

The procedure is done under general anesthetic so you dont feel anything at all. My gynae is fantastic and she uses the same anesthetist all the time and I think between them they do a great job trying to limit the amount of pain felt after the operation. Because most of the work is done around your tummy area, it can be tender trying to get up from the couch or things like that, but for me that only lasts maybe 3 or 4 days. The stitches dissolve so no need to go back to get them out. Apart from that the only thing is recovering from the anesthetic itself, which can make you tired for a few days. My gynae joked at my last appointment that I could nearly do the operation myself as I have had it done so many times, but it is so worth it for me. To go from bad pain to becoming relatively painfree is fantastic, and worth going through the operation in my opinion.

ellieh1 wrote: »
    The procedure is done under general anesthetic so you dont feel anything at all. My gynae is fantastic and she uses the same anesthetist all the time and I think between them they do a great job trying to limit the amount of pain felt after the operation. Because most of the work is done around your tummy area, it can be tender trying to get up from the couch or things like that, but for me that only lasts maybe 3 or 4 days. The stitches dissolve so no need to go back to get them out. Apart from that the only thing is recovering from the anesthetic itself, which can make you tired for a few days. My gynae joked at my last appointment that I could nearly do the operation myself as I have had it done so many times, but it is so worth it for me. To go from bad pain to becoming relatively painfree is fantastic, and worth going through the operation in my opinion.

That's not so bad then, you're probably used to it now. I'm guessing it'd be much worse not to have it treated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

No he doesn't work. He has no real routine tbh. I'm worrying myself tbh, I was considering depression but don't know if I'm over-reacting, I don't think I am. He can't seem to sleep until about 6am-7am and sleeps til the afternoon. I think he's going to go to the doctor. I practically begged him. :o

he is making the right choice by seeing a GP it will take time but he will get there :)

i was feeling good yesterday and this morning but i went to college for an hour and i came home i actually couldnt face being around people today
    i really really need to study for these exams but the subject is actual torture
    i just want to stay in bed and forget about it!

but im going to stay in the sitting room and study im going to be so strict on myself with regards study!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I'm a little childishly excited about the temp job tomorrow- it's a big step.
    Last 3 job interviews and 1 college interview I've had I've backed out of- once in the waiting room, twice in the car parks and once the morning of. All due to stupid anxiety.

Feel like I'm back to normal :) Really excited too! Going out to buy some stuff for my packed lunches :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

bubblefett wrote: »
    I'm a little childishly excited about the temp job tomorrow- it's a big step.
    Last 3 job interviews and 1 college interview I've had I've backed out of- once in the waiting room, twice in the car parks and once the morning of. All due to stupid anxiety.

Feel like I'm back to normal :) Really excited too! Going out to buy some stuff for my packed lunches :D

Yay! Good luck! :)

I've only had one proper job interview and oh my god it was horrendously stressful. (it was my own fault though I was wayyyyyy out of my depth!)

Not looking forward to doing it again when I graduate :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

A seriously hot man just came into my office to put my nameplate on the door. In Snickers, swoon...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement