Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

banged my toe of a step running up the stairs.........owwwwwwwwwwwwww >_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Going out with my crush on Saturday. He's been out of the country and only just got back so I must try not to appear to eager to see him. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Still awake, still upset, gah.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

cdaly_ wrote: »
    And in keeping with the new tone of the thread, I'm just back from paying somebody to inflict pain on me...:p

Wasn't till I quoted the message that I saw what that was! My mother fot something similar done, doctor said it would take 4 or 5 session to get rid of all the things, not quite sure what they were - but anyway, they were gone after 1 session, doc was amazed at my mothers level of pain tolerance.
    Orla K wrote: »
    Laptop crashed:(

A blue screen with loads of writing appeared, I didn't even get to finish the first sentence and it was gone, no idea what it was about

BSOD - thats grand, once your laptop comes back on again, normally means that something went very badly wrong, and it crashed itself to prevent any damage. If it keeps happening, then I'd get worried!

This refluex is getting worse - was going out the door to the meeting and coughing and spluttering. And I don't feel stressed tbh, mentally I had this thing that I know there is a huge amount to do, but I'm capable of getting it done! So why is my body betraying me??? Can't eat a lot of food now because of it, because I'd bring it back up again. If it keeps going on, I'll have to go back to the doc - and I was doing so well :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

I found 50 Euro in my car! :D

Oh great! I was wondering where that went to...

Wait, what was I doing in your car?...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

McChubbin wrote: »
    My MP3 player is being a bollox. Whenever I want to transfer new music onto it, I have to completely erase all the m usic off it and transfer it all back again. Bloody tedious if you ask me.

Might be worth doing a filesystem check on it. Or even deleting and remaking the filesystem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Might be worth doing a filesystem check on it. Or even deleting and remaking the filesystem.
    How would I go about doing that? It's a Creative Zen Style.

I can't believe I never noticed this thread before.

He is continuously making me smile.

Eeeeeeeeeeeep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Decided I want to see a cricket match while I'm still here in India. I don't know the rules and can't follow a game to save my life, but it's such a big part of the culture here it would mad not to.

Instead of starting easy and going to a small local game, I've just gotten tickets to a match in Calcutta in a few weeks time... the stadium holds 90,000 people! Couple that with 40 degree heat and we have a very interesting day planned. Yowza!

Also where are all the pics of men in lovely suits for us to gawp at? Was that just a dream? :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Also where are all the pics of men in lovely suits for us to gawp at? Was that just a dream? :(

Fine, I'll dig out my diploma graduation pics.

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Maple wrote: »
    Afternoon tea at Bang restaurant followed by delicious red wine in The Shelbourne. Love birthday celebrations. An excuse to fancy it up. :)
    Was it your birthday, Maple syrup? If so Happy Birthday x x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Yamamori and beers with the girls from work tonight, my dad's 50th tomorrow. My poor liver :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I got refunded the money I forgot to take from the ATM.

Phew! Won't be making that mistake ever again!

I got refunded the money I forgot to take from the ATM.

Phew! Won't be making that mistake ever again!

that's great :D did it go back into the atm or had it been taken and they just gave it to you anyway?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Woke up with a blistering headache and the baby awake since 6. But I actually got a really nice hug from him this morning so it's not all bad. I'm living on the crumbs of affection he throws me right now. Oh, minature manipulator, what have you done to me? :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

bluewolf wrote: »
    that's great :D did it go back into the atm or had it been taken and they just gave it to you anyway?

Think it just went back in.

Happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Just booked a weeks holiday in co kerry in August.... :D

* Better not rain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Managed to get sand in my camera last weekend when I was messing at the beach; not only did I find a repair shop with staff that speak English but they will also fix it for free as it's under warranty. Even though it's clearly my own fault it's broken! Amazing!

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Decided I want to see a cricket match while I'm still here in India. I don't know the rules and can't follow a game to save my life, but it's such a big part of the culture here it would mad not to.

Instead of starting easy and going to a small local game, I've just gotten tickets to a match in Calcutta in a few weeks time... the stadium holds 90,000 people! Couple that with 40 degree heat and we have a very interesting day planned. Yowza!

I hate cricket, played it as a kid in the uk. I could never watch cricket... good luck with that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

It's such a pretty day :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

There's a thread that I sometimes look into and it's always such a facepalm moment. They're trying to do one thing but actually doing another.:rolleyes:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Kiera wrote: »
    Afternoon tea at Bang restaurant followed by delicious red wine in The Shelbourne. Love birthday celebrations. An excuse to fancy it up. :)
    Thank you lovely. :)

Feeling somewhat delicate this morning. Also people should never, ever drink and fake tan. :D

Feeling somewhat delicate this morning. Also people should never, ever drink and fake tan. :D
    Was it worth it tho? Bet it was :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Belated happy birthday, Maple! :)

I didn't sleep much last night and I'm now in a zombie-like daze. I think I'll study something vaguely interesting today just so I can be slightly productive. Trusts are out, so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Just booked a weeks holiday in co kerry in August.... :D

* Better not rain

You lucky thing! I just spent a few days down there, got fab weather they day we went around Dingle/Slea Head Drive, the odd shower but we timed getting back in the car perfectly each time. It revives my soul to spend time walking on the beaches there, miss it so much :(

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    Passed my exam this morning :)

Well done, Duck :)

Now off out with you tonight for your beers to celebrate!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I read that as people should never ever drink fake tan :eek::D

Happy belated birthday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

awec wrote: »
    Passed my exam this morning :)

Congrats!

Would you like to do my exams for me?! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Congrats!

Would you like to do my exams for me?! :D

me too. I'll pay you with bourbon biscuits :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

The question that has come up EVERY YEAR without fail is on a topic our lecturer never got around to, so it won't be on our exam. Gah.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

Life is good! Two little mini trips planned for the weekend! It's bitter-sweet, but that's ok, I'm just focusing on the sweet right now, the bitter can wait until next week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

It's national kiss day. Everyone should make it their business to have a good snog today! :pac:

It's national kiss day. Everyone should make it their business to have a good snog today! :pac:

Men of Dublin look out :D

/i'm the last person that should be told this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I have a date tonight. This guy has had me in stitches all week, so exactly my kind of man.

*does baby circles*

Honey-ec wrote: »
    I have a date tonight. This guy has had me in stitches all week, so exactly my kind of man.

*does baby circles*

You have to kiss him now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

national kissing day eh, wonder would that work as a chat up line tonight :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

krudler wrote: »
    national kissing day eh, wonder would that work as a chat up line tonight :pac:

If not, tell them it's Free Mammogram Day instead...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Stupid Friday 13th :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

You have to kiss him now!

Yeah, it's the law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

The funniest chat up line I think I've heard is "Wanna go halves on a baby?" :pac:

The one I got last weekend didn't quite float my boat (even if I was single); "You have curly hair, I love curly hair....my ex has curly hair" :rolleyes:

So sunny today, and here I am inside on the laptop... :(

EmilyO wrote: »
    The funniest chat up line I think I've heard is "Wanna go halves on a baby?" :pac:

The one I got last weekend didn't quite float my boat (even if I was single); "You have curly hair, I love curly hair....my ex has curly hair" :rolleyes:

So sunny today, and here I am inside on the laptop... :(

I actually got "how's your fanny for a lodger". I kid you not :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

I got accepted to do a computer course starting in two weeks :D

They will pay for my childcare for afterschool for my daughter :D

The creche she went to as a toddler, and who were very good to her, will take her for said afterschool :D

I was chatting to my solicitor and my seperation should be finally sorted out by the end of May after 2 and a half years of crap :D

Mr. Boyfriend is coming down to my house with his son for the weekend :D

I is happy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I actually got "how's your fanny for a lodger". I kid you not :rolleyes:

classy dude

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Morning all!!
    Happy belated birthday Maple :)

Wheeee I'm in a super happy mood today (aside from the whole bed ridden still can't eat solids thing)
    The OH came over last night, made me a super soft dinner that was actually amazing and didn't taste like baby food, we talked all night, me brought me breakfast in bed and turned my sofa into a fort before he left this morning.
    Now playing xbox in my no boys allowed fort.
    fort fort fort.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

HIM asked me at lunch today if I "ride".

The topic of conversation was horse training. Still had to take a long pause before answering.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    HIM asked me at lunch today if I "ride".

The topic of conversation was horse training. Still had to take a long pause before answering.
    Like the clappers :D

Just back from limerick, hit debenhams for my holiday gear.....they have some really nice stuff.

Got a new tankini, im half tempted to buy the bikini top but im not sure... if it had under wire i would have got it .....

Got a couple of pairs of shorts and a size 10 dress :eek: i bought a size 10 :) tried size 10 cut off's too, they fit fine but were itchy :(

Tucking into crumpets and toast, my breakfast/lunch....

Im felling really good about my body today :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement