Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Bloody visitors.

They came for an hour but the aftermath is still going on.

My husband in a fit of shame over the "state of the house" decided that 9pm was a good time to start cleaning. Not content to do his penance himself, he decided to go on a passive aggressive guilt-tripping rampage until I joined in. I just reluctantly folded a basket of clothes and that's bloody it.

If he starts asking about my plans for cleaning the spare room I think I'm going to sleep in it tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

The insanity has hit (along with four cups of tea and a 1.25l of Diet coke in about two hours) - Old Irish is frying my brain, but I now have 4 notecards left to type out of over twenty from the amazing postgrad who lent me her notes.... Finish this, read through a chapter of a health economics book, highlight the main bits, note them down and then a few hours sleep, up, print the notes I've typed up in college on my way to work in the morning and try to learn them during the day....

Good luck to all my fellow exam boardsies. We can and will get through this. I just may not have any sanity or brain power left - may start praying to Saint Anthony for my sanity... and getting my nanny to light a million candles...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Ferrero Rocher gelato. In Galway. WHY DID I NOT KNOW THIS?!

I'm gonna be all over that place! :o:D

Yep my mother had it last week on her way to a talk on healthy eating (oh the ironing), she said it was DEElish :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I can't take my stupid cows out of my Farmville cow pasture without the game sending error messages :pac: First world problems!!

Ahh FarmVille.. Must actually get back into that. Playing Hunger Games Adventures and I've been trying to complete the same task for half an hour and I get a "reload" message.. So annoying!
    sarahbro wrote: »
    I'm engaged :D

Congratulations!! :D
    krudler wrote: »
    get a money card then, they're only a fiver. once my visa card is paid off I'm getting rid of it, will just get a prepaid one instead.

Are they worth getting? I have a 3v card at the moment. You have to buy vouchers for it and the smallest amount you can get is 30. So if I want to get something for say a tenner I have to fork out 32.50 (there's a charge).
    LostGirly wrote: »
    I love hotels and their beds, I don't even mind that I'm on my own in it:-)

Starting my new job tomorrow eeek! So glad to be out of my old crappy one! Nervous for tomorrow though!

Only a few more days until the boy comes home for a few days! I cannot wait, have missed him a lot more than I thought I would which surprises me and bothers me a little too!

Best of luck LostGirly. :D
    bubblefett wrote: »
    Hope all is okay x

I was driving with the OH in the lashing of rain today when we saw this tiny tiny dog wandering on and off the road. I pulled in and the OH went over to the dog- queue dog hiding terrified under the car. I turned off the engine and he managed to talk the dog out and pick him up. I had to drive on back to the house because our dog was already in the car so he walked 15minutes in the rain back to the house with the dog shivering in his arms.
    Got the doggy into the house and tried to get him towelled off and some food into him. As soon as he started eating he began choking! His coller was so tight he couldn't swollow and could barely breath :eek: We couldn't even pull it to undo the latch so we had to cut it off.
    Poor thing is nothing but bones, starving and completely malnourished. He was inhaling the food we gave him. Bringing him to the vets tomorrow to get him checked out.

The doggy is staying with the OH tonight til we find out what the story is with him from the vet

Poor little doggy. You're so good to take him in. :)

Currently in bf's house. He's playing Xbox. We had a great time at the party last night. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Ferrero Rocher gelato. In Galway. WHY DID I NOT KNOW THIS?!

I'm gonna be all over that place! :o:D

Brace yourself. I actually have to look the opposite direction when walking down Shop St now to avoid the temptation. So many tasty flavours!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Glad you had fun Jane! :)

Emm... can I ask you an animally question? :o Cause you're all full of pet knowledge and loveliness?

Glad you had fun Jane! :)

Emm... can I ask you an animally question? :o Cause you're all full of pet knowledge and loveliness?

N'awwww.. :o Of course you can, fire away. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Acoshla wrote: »
    Yep my mother had it last week on her way to a talk on healthy eating (oh the ironing), she said it was DEElish :)

Well I had a look at their website and it does claim to be lower in calories (though higher in sugar by the look of the stats) than other brands. So *technically* she could have done worse ;)

Hehe at "the ironing" :p

Well I had a look at their website and it does claim to be lower in calories (though higher in sugar by the look of the stats) than other brands. So *technically* she could have done worse ;)

Hehe at "the ironing" :p

That's about as close as I come to ironing! :pac:

• Advertisement

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    N'awwww.. :o Of course you can, fire away. :)

Thank you! :)
    The doggy we rescued- I think there's a good chance he has worms and hasn't had any vacinations.
    He was playing with mine and the OH's parents dogs today and just wondering is it possible they could have caught something from him? It was only for an hour or two (he's being kept in a seperate room now). My woof only had his puppy shots just under a year ago but the other doggy hasn't had boosters in a long time :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

STILL not finished packing... I feel like crying, all our plans are falling apart, the guy who was supposed to be moving us Tuesday morning can't anymore and we don't know what to do :(

Why the hell do I stress out so easily!?

Thank you! :)
    The doggy we rescued- I think there's a good chance he has worms and hasn't had any vacinations.
    He was playing with mine and the OH's parents dogs today and just wondering is it possible they could have caught something from him? It was only for an hour or two (he's being kept in a seperate room now). My woof only had his puppy shots just under a year ago but the other doggy hasn't had boosters in a long time :/

Your doggy is fine I'd say, his vaccines are up to date if it's under a year since he had his puppy ones. When the time does come around for his booster make sure and get it though. Keep an eye on the other one though if he hasn't had boosters in a while. If he's okay in the next few days then I think it might be a good idea to get his up to date. If it's over a year he'll have to restart which means he'll have to get 2 shots just like a puppy. He'll have the second 2 weeks after the first. Would be a good idea to worm the rescue dog and the other two if they haven't been wormed recently.

Edit: A flea treatment might be a good idea for all three dogs too. If you want you could kill 2 birds with the one stone and get a Stronghold for all 3. :)

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Your doggy is fine I'd say, his vaccines are up to date if it's under a year since he had his puppy ones. When the time does come around for his booster make sure and get it though. Keep an eye on the other one though if he hasn't had boosters in a while. If he's okay in the next few days then I think it might be a good idea to get his up to date. If it's over a year he'll have to restart which means he'll have to get 2 shots just like a puppy. He'll have the second 2 weeks after the first. Would be a good idea to worm the rescue dog and the other two if they haven't been wormed recently.

Edit: A flea treatment might be a good idea for all three dogs too. :)

Yeay thank you Jane, you're the bestest! *hugs you* :D

Yeay thank you Jane, you're the bestest! *hugs you* :D

No problemo. :D x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

You know your procrastination has reached new levels when you decide to measure all your high heels.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 aineh

waiting for these bloody HPAT results has me stressed/terrified/anxious/tired today.. but just two more hours..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 aineh

EmilyO wrote: »
    You know your procrastination has reached new levels when you decide to measure all your high heels.

Sounds like a nice idea to waste time, i'm on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

right im giving up studying at 1 and ill go to bed or something!

that probably wont happen :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 HCCCM

What time should we expect resuts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Has just hit me that these are my FINALS. As in, seven exams to being lilmissprincess,BA.

Oh dear....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

*hugs* to all that need them.

Congratulations Sarahbro.

I haven't been on much the past few days cos I am addicted to the new game I downloaded on my phone called 'Bubble Shoot', I've literally spent all day playing it :o

Hope everyone had a good day :)

Has just hit me that these are my FINALS. As in, seven exams to being lilmissprincess,BA.

Oh dear....

me too!!! so much pressure :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Just realised I look like a demented housewife.. Have my hair up in a scarf (couldn't find a hair bobbin), wearing yellow rubber gloves and i have dishcolthes in every pocket...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

My unborn baby is a demented lunatic,she already does not understand the sleeping thing but prefers to practice dance moves at half one.

But i wouldn't change her for anything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

I have an immensely important Java programming exam at 9:30 and I can't sleep. Not only that but I can't remember how to do the most basic of functions.

kill me now.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Brendog wrote: »
    I have an immensely important Java programming exam at 9:30 and I can't sleep. Not only that but I can't remember how to do the most basic of functions.

Don't worry, you'll be grand once you get in there...........

I was the same the night before my 1st exam last Friday, found it very difficult to sleep. I tried the old relaxing technique - where you relax each part of your body bit by bit and it seemed to work :)

Best of luck tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Just finished the biggest assignment if my degree.. 35,091 words and only worth 40% of a module!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

I fell over drunk Sat night and now my ankle is in immense pain. I can't really walk on it at all so have had to phone into work today as I can't possibly go in. Its looking slightly bruised, and it is swollen, but I'm just wondering, when should you go to the hospital to get it checked out? :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I fell over drunk Sat night and now my ankle is in immense pain. I can't really walk on it at all so have had to phone into work today as I can't possibly go in. Its looking slightly bruised, and it is swollen, but I'm just wondering, when should you go to the hospital to get it checked out? :/
    Go to your doctor who will give you a letter for A&E to get an X-ray. If you go straight to the hosp you'll have to wait hours but going to your doc for a letter means you get an X-ray straight away. I know cause I've fractured 2 bones in the last 2yrs. Actually due my yearly fracture soon :p

Walking to doctor and then walking to hospital doesn't sound appealing. Yes I drive but I would have to find parking and I'm really not able to walk, so thinking I'll just rest it completely today and hopefully it will be better tomorrow? Praying it's not broken :( But thanks for your reply. Feeling very sorry for myself :(

• Advertisement

I walked around on a fractured ankle for a week. Is there much bruising? Get someone to give you a lift?

Not much bruising really, and I normally bruise really easily. Can't put much weight on it at all, and when I do walk, I just slide it along behind me. Can't go up/down the stairs normally. Have to put 2 feet on to 1 step. I'm such a fcuking idiot :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Today is my last Monday working for the arsehole I work for :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I'm scared. Stupid exam. I think I'm channelling all my nerves about it into thinking about what could go wrong, getting the the exam centre is a bit complicated so many things could happen.

Dad was going to give me a lift to the bus to Dublin (it's about 45 minutes away from my house on foot but only ten in the car) but the car broke down so I'll be walking. I see it as a bit of a bad omen. :P Can't wait until this first one is done, it's always so much better when you're in the thick of it. And no matter how awfully it goes, at least my hair is looking decent (:cool: I've got my priorities in order!)
    Now to go cram for an hour before I've to leave. Eeeep. :(

I'm scared. Stupid exam. I think I'm channelling all my nerves about it into thinking about what could go wrong, getting the the exam centre is a bit complicated so many things could happen.

Dad was going to give me a lift to the bus to Dublin (it's about 45 minutes away from my house on foot but only ten in the car) but the car broke down so I'll be walking. I see it as a bit of a bad omen. :P Can't wait until this first one is done, it's always so much better when you're in the thick of it. And no matter how awfully it goes, at least my hair is looking decent (:cool: I've got my priorities in order!)
    Now to go cram for an hour before I've to leave. Eeeep. :(

dont worry almostnever you will do great :)
    Brendog wrote: »

its ok i was the very same before my exam last thursday
    nearly cried in the middle!
    im sure you will do great :)

i have an exam in a few hours and i have no idea whats its about its like reading double dutch or something :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

I woke up about an hour ago to a starling bombing around my bedroom. I locked up at about 11 last night, where did it come from???
    Also there was a dead baby starling in the front garden.
    This is all very strange and I'm very confused.

Now I have to shampoo bird crap off my carpet, WTF!!!!

Good luck to all the exam doing people this week. You'll get through it and survive it like you always have before. Go on you good things!

Party at work this lunchtime. Wahoo! :p

Oh, and I forgave Mike for his mithering after that. He came to his senses and was very apologetic. What's more, I have a sparkling clean kitchen floor now.

Kablamo! wrote: »
    I woke up about an hour ago to a starling bombing around my bedroom. I locked up at about 11 last night, where did it come from???
    Also there was a dead baby starling in the front garden.
    This is all very strange and I'm very confused.

Now I have to shampoo bird crap off my carpet, WTF!!!!

i read that as "i have a dead baby in my garden" :eek:

vanish is your friend! unfortunately im a broke student so i have cheap carpet shampoo thing from the €2 shop still does the job!

are those travel 90 tickets on dublin bus the type you just wave at the machine now? and they don't come in little books anymore?

i'm finally tired of never having change for the bus...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Late for work. Fcuuuuuuk.

Does Ray D'Arcy realise that A. other things happen in the world besides people having babies and B. not all his listeners are as obsessed with them as he is? He only reads out listeners emails of good news if it involves someone popping a sprog, nothing else.

God I wish 2fm wasn't so shite and I had some bit of choice in what I listen to.

My boss is out sick and our email is down. A day on the net it is so :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

My daughter got baned from playing basketball at school, she refused to shake the other teams hands after a match last week and the principal said she embarrassed the school. She refused to shake the other teams hands because they were fouling left right n centre and never got pulled up for it, she did it out of principle, she also injured her finger (which ballooned up and got infected and needed antibiotics for).

When she got home i explained about un-sportsmanship like conduct, but the teachers/principle never did, they baned her outright... She is very headstrong, not sure if this is good or bad! But thank goodness she only has 9 weeks left at school, 6 weeks if you count our holidays and june break.

OMG! The Taoiseach is coming to our lunchtime work party.

Jesus, he's going to get such a grilling from some of our operators.

*calls for popcorn*

Das Kitty wrote: »

*calls for popcorn*

Print out some of these and stick them up :)

11kenny.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Acoshla wrote: »
    Does Ray D'Arcy realise that A. other things happen in the world besides people having babies and B. not all his listeners are as obsessed with them as he is? He only reads out listeners emails of good news if it involves someone popping a sprog, nothing else.

God I wish 2fm wasn't so shite and I had some bit of choice in what I listen to.

newstalk is good, 2fm has been sh1te for years. newstalk does contain George Hook though, but some of the other shows are usually worth a listen. I barely listen to the radio except when I get sick of stuff on my ipod when I'm driving or there's something being discussed thats someway interesting. oh and the late show on 4fm is hilarity, its like AH trolling but in radio form :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

First exam tomorrow morning, and I'm in denial! Started watching the new episode of Game of Thrones, unfortunately I don't think there's any questions about that on the paper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Das Kitty wrote: »

*calls for popcorn*

Guarantee you they won't say a word.

I've walked around Galway with Bertie and all that ever happens is people shake his hand and say lovely to meet you.

People are all talk.

krudler wrote: »
    newstalk is good, 2fm has been sh1te for years. newstalk does contain George Hook though, but some of the other shows are usually worth a listen. I barely listen to the radio except when I get sick of stuff on my ipod when I'm driving or there's something being discussed thats someway interesting. oh and the late show on 4fm is hilarity, its like AH trolling but in radio form :pac:

Who's George Hook? I listen to the radio every day til 2.30pm when I'm working, I turn off then because I can't stand Tony Fenton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

bluewolf wrote: »
    are those travel 90 tickets on dublin bus the type you just wave at the machine now? and they don't come in little books anymore?

i'm finally tired of never having change for the bus...
    Yep, they are so handy. I don't get dublin bus all that often anymore but I never have change when I need to so always have one of those in the purse.

Revision week in college, gonna need some will power to make it to all of these classes!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement