Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Acoshla wrote: »
    Who's George Hook? I listen to the radio every day til 2.30pm when I'm working, I turn off then because I can't stand Tony Fenton.

George hook is more annoying. He's got this kinda husky scrawled out whiny voice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Who's George Hook? I listen to the radio every day til 2.30pm when I'm working, I turn off then because I can't stand Tony Fenton.

rugby obsessed windbag, on all those ads about sky+ going on about how great it is a while back. newstalk is the only station I can listen to, people actually have something to say on it a lot of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I don’t like talk radio when I’m working or driving but like is when I’m pottering around at home or before I go to bed.

Lola92 wrote: »
    Yep, they are so handy. I don't get dublin bus all that often anymore but I never have change when I need to so always have one of those in the purse.

Revision week in college, gonna need some will power to make it to all of these classes!

I know it's so stupid but I had visions of trying to put a new wavy-card into the little punch slot they used to have, and breaking it?? I haven't used cards on it in so long :o
    do they use that punch/stamp thingy anymore?

I'll hop out after work and get one on the way home so :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

krudler wrote: »
    rugby obsessed windbag, on all those ads about sky+ going on about how great it is a while back. newstalk is the only station I can listen to, people actually have something to say on it a lot of the time.

Ah, I haven't seen any sky+ ads because we don't have Irish channels here.

Ray's talking about kids again, FUNNY THAT!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Guarantee you they won't say a word.

I've walked around Galway with Bertie and all that ever happens is people shake his hand and say lovely to meet you.

People are all talk.

Some of these ones tore strips out of our CEO when he was over and he has control over their jobs, they really are a rare breed of whinger.

I think he's not coming to the party now though, just hanging around with the big swinging dicks for an hour or something. Pah!

You realise you just admitted to walking around with Bertie, right? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

bluewolf wrote: »
    I know it's so stupid but I had visions of trying to put a new wavy-card into the little punch slot they used to have, and breaking it?? I haven't used cards on it in so long :o

I'll hop out after work and get one on the way home so :cool:

I don''t know if they still have them BW, I know for a while they had the two machines while the changeover was going on but I think it could be all the swipe machines now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Ah, I haven't seen any sky+ ads because we don't have Irish channels here.

Ray's talking about kids again, FUNNY THAT!

I'm still getting used to having tv channels again, didnt for 2 years, didnt miss much as tv sucks balls these days outside of some US shows (ie stuff I like :pac: ) I usually just sit in the living room with the tv off on my laptop.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Some of these ones tore strips out of our CEO when he was over and he has control over their jobs, they really are a rare breed of whinger.

I think he's not coming to the party now though, just hanging around with the big swinging dicks for an hour or something. Pah!

You realise you just admitted to walking around with Bertie, right? :pac:

Meh. I'm not delusional, I know he's a baadd baaad man but I've never had any grief from anyone while I've been in his company.

Just got a shipment of yankee candles. They smell f'in delicious. :D

Keeping them for my new place though which I'll hopefully be moving into on Friday. Yippp!!

Meh. I'm not delusional, I know he's a baadd baaad man but I've never had any grief from anyone while I've been in his company.

Just got a shipment of yankee candles. They smell f'in delicious. :D

Keeping them for my new place though which I'll hopefully be moving into on Friday. Yippp!!

Where do you order your Yankees from?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Ah hate sitting around all day!

Waiting on a dude to come and fix my back door for me, the landlord said he'd be here on monday! Fook sake man! Grrrrr

On the plus side, duvet day! My house is clean so I've feck all else to do really!! LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I am still in hangover town after Saturday night. Craziness was on special. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Have been up since 9 (which is early for me when not in college!)

I've hoovered and tidied my room, made individual shepherd's pies for dinner this evening, confirmed dental appointment for the morning (eep!), even managed to fit breakfast and tea in as well.

Not an iota of study done, but I'm feeling quite productive :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Off to my first exam soon, my easiest one to get me started. Tomorrow will be horrendous though :(

I think some chocolate is in order. It's said to help people concentrate.

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Just tucked into a glenisk Greek yogurt pot with gooseberry... nom nom i love Greek yogurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

EmilyO wrote: »
    Off to my first exam soon, my easiest one to get me started. Tomorrow will be horrendous though :(

Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

No, they don't so you can't see what you have left on the card except when you use it. I've taken to marking an 'x' on the card each time I use it so I'll know what's left. It's grand if you're using them constantly but I use it so rarely I lose track.

It's worth considering a 5-day rambler instead of the travel-90 cards if you're likely to use it twice during the day. The rambler works out about €4.50 per day for unlimited bus travel.

I'm not impressed with the leap cards so far...

cdaly_ wrote: »
    No, they don't so you can't see what you have left on the card except when you use it. I've taken to marking an 'x' on the card each time I use it so I'll know what's left. It's grand if you're using them constantly but I use it so rarely I lose track.

It's worth considering a 5-day rambler instead of the travel-90 cards if you're likely to use it twice during the day. The rambler works out about €4.50 per day for unlimited bus travel.

Nah I wouldn't be using it for 5 days straight. Sometimes I'm on dublin bus and sometimes I'm on bus eireann. My fare for the day would add up to 2.15 x2 so 4.50 a day wouldn't make any sense for me :)

Kiera wrote: »
    Where do you order your Yankees from?

This time I got them as part of a grabone deal I think. Yankee.ie

But I've ordered before from yankeestores.ie

I know some of the shops do a buy one get one half price deal as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Just saved some serious cash there placing an order with littlewoods.. LOL

I'm such a fool ordering stuff when I've nada cash but at least I don't have to pay anything off it till the end of the month!!

Well, thats my productive shopping done for the day.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

krudler wrote: »
    newstalk is good, 2fm has been sh1te for years. newstalk does contain George Hook though, but some of the other shows are usually worth a listen. I barely listen to the radio except when I get sick of stuff on my ipod when I'm driving or there's something being discussed thats someway interesting. oh and the late show on 4fm is hilarity, its like AH trolling but in radio form :pac:

Unfortunately, Newstalk is not great in the morning when you would be trying to avoid the sanctimonious-ness of D'arcy.

So glad to be home...spent the last week with the (sort-of) in-laws...I love them but if I got one more piece of unsolicited baby advicecriticism I was going to snap....

Trying to book a trip to London in June, do we take the cheapest flights and stay for barely 48 hours or do we go over a day or two earlier, pay more, see my godson more but be in a teeny tiny house with 6 adults and 4 children for a lot of hours...hmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Unfortunately, Newstalk is not great in the morning when you would be trying to avoid the sanctimonious-ness of D'arcy.

So glad to be home...spent the last week with the (sort-of) in-laws...I love them but if I got one more piece of unsolicited baby advicecriticism I was going to snap....

Welcome to the land of first-time-parenting, the land where everyone around you knows everything and you are thick....

My son is nearly 10 and I have to frequently remind my mother that I haven't broken him yet:D

How's baby Pancake doing?

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Welcome to the land of first-time-parenting, the land where everyone around you knows everything and you are thick....

My son is nearly 10 and I have to frequently remind my mother that I haven't broken him yet:D

How's baby Pancake doing?

Oh yeah that's exactly it!

Pancake/Liam is doing grand, he's a lovely smily little fella!

Oh yeah that's exactly it!

Pancake/Liam is doing grand, he's a lovely smily little fella!

You dont even know your own babys name :eek: :eek: :eek:

Its pancake ash :p

• Advertisement

Kiera wrote: »
    You dont even know your own babys name :eek: :eek: :eek:

Its pancake ash :p

I'm a terrible mother! /sobs/ :P

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

EmilyO wrote: »

Best of luck Emily! I'm starting with the easiest as well tomorrow morning, I'm a bit too relaxed at this stage! Better try & get back to the studying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Once again nothing to do, sitting alone at my desk drinking diet coke and watching Disney movies on youtube. Some placement!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Nah I wouldn't be using it for 5 days straight. Sometimes I'm on dublin bus and sometimes I'm on bus eireann. My fare for the day would add up to 2.15 x2 so 4.50 a day wouldn't make any sense for me :)

The 5-day rambler is any random 5 days. Same here, I rarely use public transport and it's dead handy just to have it in my wallet for when I do need it. Don't think it works on bus eireann though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Kablamo! wrote: »
    I woke up about an hour ago to a starling bombing around my bedroom. I locked up at about 11 last night, where did it come from???
    Also there was a dead baby starling in the front garden.
    This is all very strange and I'm very confused.

Now I have to shampoo bird crap off my carpet, WTF!!!!
    Reminds me of the time my cousin went back to her flat and found a bird in her sitting room, it came down the chimney apparently, it shat everywhere, her clothes (read: underwear) on the radiator had to be binned, I can understand that tbh.
    i read that as "i have a dead baby in my garden" :eek:!
    Me too, then I re-read it and went "ahhh"
    Trying to book a trip to London in June, do we take the cheapest flights and stay for barely 48 hours or do we go over a day or two earlier, pay more, see my godson more but be in a teeny tiny house with 6 adults and 4 children for a lot of hours...hmm.
    I'd say go over earlier.

You can always go out and do your own if you didn't want to be stuck in the house 24/7.

I've been going around the past few days humming Christmas songs to myself and can't understand why :confused:

I've also got three birthdays coming up, dad's, bf's, bf's sisters and haven't a clue what to get any of them :( *sigh*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I finally went to the dentist. It has been years because I have a big fear of the dentist. I had convinced myself I was going to have a million cavities but she said my teeth are fine and I just need to floss a bit better in the back teeth :D

It is like a huge weight has been lifted as I was dreading have to get (and pay for) tons of cavities to be dealt with. I am so happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Never a dull moment in my job. Arrived in after two weeks exam leave to find a copy of an art book called 'Rimjobs and Sideffects' on my desk :pac:

I'm so close to skipping cello tonight and either reading my new book which has hopefully arrived, or playing skyrim...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm so close to skipping cello tonight and either reading my new book which has hopefully arrived, or playing skyrim...

Marry me now!!! :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Definitely a 5 day Rambler would be better I think. The travel 90s are good if both your journeys are within 90 minutes - you'd be using two tickets per day if they are not and they only come in bundles of 10..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Just bought two hour long personal training sessions :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Slept so late today! Keep having a recurring dream where I remember I have a goldfish (I haven't for years) and I'm like "omfg, I haven't fed the poor thing in months!!" and then I leg it over to the bowl where the fish is just giving me daggers.

Stop it, brain!

You can always go out and do your own if you didn't want to be stuck in the house 24/7.

They're kinda out of the city and it's quite a tiny house, so even a couple of hours there and sleeping arrangements might be difficult, waiting to hear back from them now re: how many people are gonna be there. Also the minor detail that I'll have to bring a fully decorated cake over with me, that'll be fun!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Slept so late today! Keep having a recurring dream where I remember I have a goldfish (I haven't for years) and I'm like "omfg, I haven't fed the poor thing in months!!" and then I leg it over to the bowl where the fish is just giving me daggers.

Stop it, brain!

Oh god, the image of a goldfish giving you daggers! :pac:

Here, how did the launch go? I'll asked my dearest to get me a copy in the Uni bookshop next time he's sauntering by on his ridiculously long lunch "hour"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Ok so the exam didnt go too badly im kinda happy with it! :)

but i think i lost my age card poo :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Oh god, the image of a goldfish giving you daggers! :pac:

Here, how did the launch go? I'll asked my dearest to get me a copy in the Uni bookshop next time he's sauntering by on his ridiculously long lunch "hour"
    It was really good. They asked me to read last-minute which was probably for the best because if I'd known ages in advance I would have stressed myself out completely. Was at the top floor of Buskers and it so packed that people were sitting on the stairs.
    Went up to the scary microphone, read it. Grand!

Ah, I'd feel silly if you got it just because of me, I could just PM you the story!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

oh wow you can order age cards online now!

just ordered a new one...whats the bet ill find it later

still no harm....the pic was manky anyway :pac:

dfx- wrote: »
    Definitely a 5 day Rambler would be better I think. The travel 90s are good if both your journeys are within 90 minutes - you'd be using two tickets per day if they are not and they only come in bundles of 10..

No, they come in single tickets now, that's what I was asking earlier
    you wave it at the machine and it tells you how many you have left
    My journeys would be one morning and one evening so yeah, the t90 seems to be the cheaper option.
    Got it and waved it at the bus on the way home, mission successful :cool:

lol, TG :pac:
    I got as far as level 12 when it came out then got busy studying and wasn't really into it... I so loved morrowind and it's quite different
    but now I'm an assassin! yay!
    I wonder if I'll get any poison apples again :D

Hmm, I emailed a business with some very friendly advice (trying to save them a LOT of aggro, legal threats and the like) and they appear to have ignored it, can't wait to see how this pans out! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I am about to fupping flip out at my brother. For god's sake like my mum just gets in the door from work after leaving the house at 7am this morning and starts making dinner. He is going on about how he doesn't like X and then how he doesn't like option Y and Z that she suggested either. She wasn't prepared to make what he wanted as she doesn't like it herself, then when I suggest he makes his own dinner he throws a flipping hissy fit! 'What has it got to do with you?' yada yada ya... :mad::mad::mad::mad: He has me in such a bad mood :(

Lola92 wrote: »
    I am about to fupping flip out at my brother. For god's sake like my mum just gets in the door from work after leaving the house at 7am this morning and starts making dinner. He is going on about how he doesn't like X and then how he doesn't like option Y and Z that she suggested either. She wasn't prepared to make what he wanted as she doesn't like it herself, then when I suggest he makes his own dinner he throws a flipping hissy fit! 'What has it got to do with you?' yada yada ya... :mad::mad::mad::mad: He has me in such a bad mood :(

My boyfriend's younger brother is a bit like that, yesterday his mother had made a lovely dinner for everyone, and he was called in to eat it. I turned around a few minutes later and his plate was still on the table, chair pulled out, chicken gone and everything else still on the plate, so lazy and ungrateful! He couldn't even bother to clear his plate, push in the chair, nothing. He's spoilt rotten and doesn't do a thing for himself. I cleared up after him :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Got so much of this tefl course left to do and I've only 29 days to do it, slightly stressing about it. It's worse that I'm not entirely sure about the grammatical structure of the sentence they're asking me about and if I'm not sure of that I don't know how to answer the next question. I also don't get syllables and stresses.

Orla K wrote: »
    Got so much of this tefl course left to do and I've only 29 days to do it, slightly stressing about it. It's worse that I'm not entirely sure about the grammatical structure of the sentence they're asking me about and if I'm not sure of that I don't know how to answer the next question. I also don't get syllables and stresses.

Anything you need a hand with? :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

No, they come in single tickets now, that's what I was asking earlier
    you wave it at the machine and it tells you how many you have left
    My journeys would be one morning and one evening so yeah, the t90 seems to be the cheaper option.
    Got it and waved it at the bus on the way home, mission successful :cool:

:D:pac:

They come as one card now, but it has the all the same information on that card as the booklet did and deducts the (what used to be) one ticket per wave on the screen thing as it beeps..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Anything you need a hand with? :)

I think I just have brain melt, I'm just looking at different sites about grammar structures, I have a number of printed pages around me and nothing is going in. I think I'm just to worried about answering wrong that I'm not really putting down any answer and I should be getting moving on this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement