Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

Orla K wrote: »
    I think I just have brain melt, I'm just looking at different sites about grammar structures, I have a number of printed pages around me and nothing is going in. I think I'm just to worried about answering wrong that I'm not really putting down any answer and I should be getting moving on this.

What sentence are they asking about

I used to get that "omg so much left" thing, and then you wouldn't get much done because you'd be worrying you've so much left
    what I found helped was making a list of things to do and days I could do them on realistically, and then put the other days out of my head and focus on the current stuff
    failing that, take a tea break! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

bluewolf wrote: »
    What sentence are they asking about

I used to get that "omg so much left" thing, and then you wouldn't get much done because you'd be worrying you've so much left
    what I found helped was making a list of things to do and days I could do them on realistically, and then put the other days out of my head and focus on the current stuff
    failing that, take a tea break! :)

It's actually,
    I/he/she
    used to
    base form of verb

going to head to the gym tonight so that should clear my head a bit.

"used to" is my one weakness! I could take anything apart but that

hope the gym helps!

I am this close to skipping cello...
    pjs, warm blanky, no bus or cold...

hope the gym helps!

I am this close to skipping cello...
    pjs, warm blanky, no bus or cold...

I know it's such an awkward one. Hell, I get three chances at answering the questions so I should worry too much just hurry up and get it done.
    Cat is now firmly on my lap after sneezing on all my pages and into my ear:( not a nice feeling. She's not going to be happy with me in a minute, going to get up and get stuff/me ready for gym.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    It was really good. They asked me to read last-minute which was probably for the best because if I'd known ages in advance I would have stressed myself out completely. Was at the top floor of Buskers and it so packed that people were sitting on the stairs.
    Went up to the scary microphone, read it. Grand!

Well done :) I loooove Buskers, my cousin is actually a barman there!
    Ok so the exam didnt go too badly im kinda happy with it! :)

That's great, well done :) Mine went fine as well, although it wasn't a tough module. Tomorrow is going to be a heap of shits and giggles..... :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Orla K wrote: »
    It's actually,
    I/he/she
    used to
    base form of verb

going to head to the gym tonight so that should clear my head a bit.

I don't even know what ye're talking about, God love me I'm so not academic in any way shape or form :p

Meanwhile, it's wine time in my house! It's probably sad that I'm drinking alone while watching Mad Men and Corrie but meh. And the animals are here so technically I'm not alone :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

EmilyO wrote: »
    That's great, well done :) Mine went fine as well, although it wasn't a tough module. Tomorrow is going to be a heap of shits and giggles..... :(

thats awesome! dont worry about tomorrow im sure you will ace it :)

my next one is thursday but i have so much stuff to do for it :(

For those loungers that like knitting/crochet(I see it mentioned sometimes) and being helpful kildare animal foundation needs your help, they need knitted/crochet baby bird nests
    facebook link
    This pic is so damn cute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I made a meat and vegetable bake for dinner, wasn't sure how it'd turn out 'cause I used all random ingredients, when it cooked everyone had a taste now they're all eating and all I can hear is slurping noises, if it wasn't for the slurping noises you wouldn't know there was anyone in the house at all.

Not a peep out of anyone, heads stuck in bowl shovelling the food into their mouths'. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

I'm going to be the class idiot who fails their first year of college :eek:

I had my first proper college exam today, not sure if I failed or *just* passed....College exams are strange.

I've an exam on tomorrow which I'm half ready for...I did study it like a week or two ago. Need to revise it and hope what I did look at gets me through.

I'm not even thinking about Wednesday and Thursday. The examiner's going to find them highly amusing to correct....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    It was really good. They asked me to read last-minute which was probably for the best because if I'd known ages in advance I would have stressed myself out completely. Was at the top floor of Buskers and it so packed that people were sitting on the stairs.
    Went up to the scary microphone, read it. Grand!

Ah, I'd feel silly if you got it just because of me, I could just PM you the story!

Cool. Himself had a story in it a good few years ago when he used to write fiction. He doesn't even read fiction now! We usually get it anyhow but extra incentive this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Entire Print Server in college is down. This does not make me impressed.

idiotic moment when you stand waiting for the shower to heat up when you realise you put it on the cold setting :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Entire Print Server in college is down. This does not make me impressed.

Oh, so that's what that is!

Between the vending machine eating my 2 euro and refusing to divulge diet coke, the printers not working, THESE STUPID FIRST YEARS WHO WILL NOT SHUT THE **** UP IN THE LIBRARY, and that stupid lecturer (probably interntionally) wasting my time, I was just about ready to smash some things.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

Love is.... both getting super excited by a stash of mint condition Goosebump books he has since he was a kid

geeky <3:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

idiotic moment when you stand waiting for the shower to heat up when you realise you put it on the cold setting :o

Or worse, when you've gotten into the shower, turned it on and realise you've forgotten to put the immersion on and you have to wait an hour for enough hot water :p

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Exam tomorrow. :(

It’s my last one. :D

Fairly sure a group from my course are going to the pub afterwards to celebrate/be nostalgic that it’s all over.
    My idea of celebrating is giving blood for the first time. :o
    Every time the IBTS were in town before I was either sick, on medication which made me ineligible or had no way or getting into town so I’m gonna make sure and do it this time. :)
    Really hope my friend is going to do it with me because it would make me less nervous but I don’t think she will.

Glad your exams went well EmilyO and Pixie-Fairy. I’m sure you’ll be grand tomorrow Emily. Love your hair Pixie! :)

*Hugs* for Albection, lilmissprincess and other stressed out people. :)

Babysitting my gorgeous baby cousin next weekend :D Saturday better come quick! :D:D:D:D:D

Or worse, when you've gotten into the shower, turned it on and realise you've forgotten to put the immersion on and you have to wait an hour for enough hot water :p

hahaha done that too!

Thanks Mollikins :D

i made chicken ceaser salad...healthy and lazy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Mollikins wrote: »
    Exam tomorrow. :(

It’s my last one. :D

Fairly sure a group from my course are going to the pub afterwards to celebrate/be nostalgic that it’s all over.
    My idea of celebrating is giving blood for the first time. :o
    Every time the IBTS were in town before I was either sick, on medication which made me ineligible or had no way or getting into town so I’m gonna make sure and do it this time. :)
    Really hope my friend is going to do it with me because it would make me less nervous but I don’t think she will.

Glad your exams went well EmilyO and Pixie-Fairy. I’m sure you’ll be grand tomorrow Emily. Love your hair Pixie! :)

*Hugs* for Albection, lilmissprincess and other stressed out people. :)

Best of luck tomorrow, and congrats on finishing up :) Hope the donating goes well too, make sure you eat like a horse about 2-3 hours beforehand so you don't get faint (well it didn't work for me but I think I'm just broken :pac:)
    You'll be fine, most people are. Oh, and when they tell you to keep pressure on your arm afterwards, do it! Don't want any nasty bruises!

Officially went into panic mode there earlier, I'm not exaggerating when I say tomorrow's exam will probably be a fail. There's far too much to get through in less than 12 hours, and yet I'm still on Boards, the feckin' eejit that I am.

• Advertisement

Thanks Mollikins :D

You're welcome! :)
    My best friend is ginger. She's proof that ye have souls! :pac:

Guess I better go do some study...

Thanks Emily!
    Stop worrying about your exam. You'll be grand! :)

You're welcome! :)
    My best friend is ginger. She's proof that ye have souls! :pac:

Guess I better go do some study...

best decision i ever made going back to my natural colour :)

yeah i need to do some work too but i dont wanna :(

best decision i ever made going back to my natural colour :)

yeah i need to do some work too but i dont wanna :(

I don't know why you strayed in the first place. :)

Yeah me too, which is why I'm still not after logging out. :p
    I have no willpower. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Big best of luck to all you loungers doing exams atm..

I'm so exhausted. Only managed to get the sitting room nearly clean while mum cleaned the bathroom in my new abode. It hasn't been properly lived in for two years. I can't believe how much work will be going into it..

I don't know why you strayed in the first place. :)

Yeah me too, which is why I'm still not after logging out. :p
    I have no willpower. :(

i wanted a change so i was dark brunette for years! but i was young i didnt know any better :p

you can do it i believe in you! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

My dress arrived and it's perfect!!! :D

Catching Fire also arrived!!! :D

But... Man United are losing to City. Grrrrrr. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    My dress arrived and it's perfect!!! :D

Catching Fire also arrived!!! :D

But... Man United are losing to City. Grrrrrr. :(

Where did you buy? Pics please!!

My BF is roaring at the computer...he's streaming the match and it's very amusing. He's usually so laid back he's horizontal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

My god what a day.

We brought the dog we found yesterday to the vet and were told he's about 4 months old, not chipped (with no record of being reported lost anywhere) and very malnourished. His neck is also very sore from where he had the choke collar. Most likely an unwanted christmas puppy forgotten about in the local estates (tough area full of roaming dogs). Vet said it's the season for them and little guys like him often don't last long :(
    Happy news though- that little pup, that probably had a very very difficult life before, is coming to live with us :D And he's going to be spoooooilt!

Then we came home and found a lost pregnant greyhound wandering on our street! Beautiful girl and so friendly. We spent 4 hours, in the rain, trying to help her get home. I actually cried when we finally found her owners. They'd been out in the car looking for her everywhere.

For the love of god people, if you've a pet get them microchipped AND wearing a tag on their coller. For your sake and, most importantly, for theirs.

I got it on eBay.. :)

Will post a pic when I get on my laptop in a while. :)

• Advertisement

you can do it i believe in you! :D

Bah, I'm back again! :p

Bubblefett, that puppy is so so lucky you found him. Fair play for helping that poor greyhound too. Wish everyone cared as much about animals as you do. :)

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I got it on eBay.. :)

Will post a pic when I get on my laptop in a while. :)

Is it a made to order dress or a dress from a shop?

I'm buying my wedding dress on ebay so I'm always on the look out for quality..

It's from a shop. I'll post a pic and also the link in a little while. I'm so happy with it. :D

Sitting here listening to Christmas songs in April :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Unexpectedly brilliant day. Was going well anyway and then got some utterly fantastic news. :) Huzzah for everything!

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Is it a made to order dress or a dress from a shop?

I'm buying my wedding dress on ebay so I'm always on the look out for quality..

I guarantee every other single person on this thread will get a perfect dress online other than me, and I got killed by customs, I have the worst luck!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Sitting here listening to Christmas songs in April :o
    I do that! I was humming Jingle Bells earlier. :o

Aw, Bubblefett, that's one lucky puppy dog to have found you. I hope life brings you lots of good karma for your good deeds. :)

Acoshla wrote: »
    I guarantee every other single person on this thread will get a perfect dress online other than me, and I got killed by customs, I have the worst luck!

Ah but with the figure you have you could wear a carrier bag and still look gorgeous!!

NEED to get my ass in gear and stop eating ALL THE FOOD.

Ah but with the figure you have you could wear a carrier bag and still look gorgeous!!

Ha, a €1,000 carrier bag as it turns out, the €150 one was a flop! And it's an optical illusion, I'm at least a stone overweight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Devastated. Today's exam went horribly, it was the worst exam I've ever sat and there's a very real possibility I failed it. Not only would that mean that I'll have to repeat it in August, it also means no Paris. I feel so stupid. This exam wasn't supposed to go badly, it's not even my worst subject and there are harder ones to come. I feel sick I'm so angry/disappointed in myself :(:(

Ha, a €1,000 carrier bag as it turns out, the €150 one was a flop! And it's an optical illusion, I'm at least a stone overweight.

I'm freaking out at maybe having to spent that!! I need a light dress, I really don't want layers of fabric...dress I'm looking at is €110....fingers crossed it's nice:D

• Advertisement

bubblefett wrote: »
    For the love of god people, if you've a pet get them microchipped AND wearing a tag on their coller. For your sake and, most importantly, for theirs.

You've just reminded me of a story I heard about, someone lost their microchipped cat somewhere in America and it turned up in Paris. They think it got into a shipping crate and sent to France they had to fly it back to america.

I know of other people who's dog was stolen and ended up in London, it ended up being returned.

If you have a pet it's a very good idea to get it chipped.

I'm freaking out at maybe having to spent that!! I need a light dress, I really don't want layers of fabric...dress I'm looking at is €110....fingers crossed it's nice:D

Mine's really light, only a layer of light satin and then lace, I hate the really structured million layer ones where you can't breathe or sit. Mine can be dyed afterwards so I'll hopefully get to wear it at least 3 or 4 times.

I very definitely have my fingers crossed for you, when will you get it?

Mine's really light, only a layer of light satin and then lace, I hate the really structured million layer ones where you can't breathe or sit. Mine can be dyed afterwards so I'll hopefully get to wear it at least 3 or 4 times.

I very definitely have my fingers crossed for you, when will you get it?

I haven't ordered it yet. I need to lose about 3 stone to get back to the weight I was when I smoked :eek:

I'm really hoping it's as lovely in RL as it is in the pictures...I think I sent you the link to it before...

I haven't ordered it yet. I need to lose about 3 stone to get back to the weight I was when I smoked :eek:

I'm really hoping it's as lovely in RL as it is in the pictures...I think I sent you the link to it before...

Yep you did, can't wait to hear/see the real thing! Mine was nothing like the real thing, sigh. I need to get my ar$e in gear and stop pigging out on sweet things, but I love sweet things...sigh!

I'm sitting here eating jelly beans trying to convince myself that the exam stress will burn the calories off for me....:D

Devastated. Today's exam went horribly, it was the worst exam I've ever sat and there's a very real possibility I failed it. Not only would that mean that I'll have to repeat it in August, it also means no Paris. I feel so stupid. This exam wasn't supposed to go badly, it's not even my worst subject and there are harder ones to come. I feel sick I'm so angry/disappointed in myself :(:(

Awh *hugs* hun. :(

I’m sure it didn’t go as badly as you think. You’re just thinking about it too much and being hard on yourself. You haven’t failed it and you are still going to go to Paris. Now go get some ice cream, snuggle up in bed and watch Gossip Girl. :)

I'm trying to convince my friend to come give blood with me by offering to buy her Chinese afterwards! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Cool. Himself had a story in it a good few years ago when he used to write fiction. He doesn't even read fiction now! We usually get it anyhow but extra incentive this year!
    :D

There is a flying apostrophe in mine and a missing word in the very last line! They also edited the bio bit and what I wrote as a joke now looks legitimate.

Tip: NEVER joke in the bio. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Almostnever I really hope that it wont be as bad as you think it will. God love you:(.

Look at it this way, maybe this was your hard exam, to prepare you for the others, which wont be as hard as you think, and you will do good in them all. I really really hope so. *hugs*

Fcuking mother and granny sticking their snouts into my business.

I've some fajita sauces/powder that I won't use so was giving them to my bf for his house, as they'll surely be used over there, first time I offered them to him, granny said my cousin would like them, second time I offered them to him, my mother said my cousin would like them.

This is the cousin who I haven't seen since Xmas and god knows how long before then I'd seen/heard from her.

I don't know when I'll see or hear from my cousin again, so why the fcuk would I keep them here 'just in case' she calls in?!

:mad::mad::mad:

just give them to him and ignore them

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement