Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Just found out that if I fail tomorrow's exam (which is looking fairly likely), I'll have to repeat first year. My family can't afford that, nor can I do first year for a third time. Actually crying right now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

bluewolf wrote: »
    just give them to him and ignore them
    I would have, but after they butt in he wouldn't take it, saying it wouldn't get used.

And I know it would get used I think he just felt uncomfortable after the stuck their oars in.

right but just explain the situation to him, give them to him now when you see him again and don't let on to them

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

EmilyO wrote: »
    Just found out that if I fail tomorrow's exam (which is looking fairly likely), I'll have to repeat first year. My family can't afford that, nor can I do first year for a third time. Actually crying right now :(

*Hugs* Emily. :(

When it comes to exams it is easy to think the worst. Just do a little study tonight. Make sure you get enough rest and do your best tomorrow. I’ll be thinking of you. :)

Christ, I think I need someone to just shout at me to go study. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Devastated. Today's exam went horribly, it was the worst exam I've ever sat and there's a very real possibility I failed it. Not only would that mean that I'll have to repeat it in August, it also means no Paris. I feel so stupid. This exam wasn't supposed to go badly, it's not even my worst subject and there are harder ones to come. I feel sick I'm so angry/disappointed in myself :(:(

Hugs!!

im sure it was ok youre just freaking yourself out! Dont feel bad about it!
    i nearly burst out crying in the middle of my one on thursday!
    Keep the faith my dear! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Yes shouty people, please do your magic...

Yes shouty people, please do your magic...

RARRRRR GO AND STUDY :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Can't find my feckin' camera, will have to wait til tomorrow to post a pic of the dress.. Boo. Here's a link so you see what it's like though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Mollikins wrote: »
    *Hugs* Emily. :(

When it comes to exams it is easy to think the worst. Just do a little study tonight. Make sure you get enough rest and do your best tomorrow. I’ll be thinking of you. :)

Christ, I think I need someone to just shout at me to go study. :o

GO STUDY
    If someone had done that for me three weeks ago maybe I wouldn't be as fooked as I am tonight :(

Thank you :) I feel like nothing's going in, and everyone else seems to know what they're doing. But anyway I'm going to do a bit more, sleep, then up early for the rest.

Night LLers :) x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

EmilyO wrote: »

Emily it will be fine! Dont cry! You will do fine dont worry! :)

RARRRRR GO AND STUDY :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Good effort but I don't think you have enough angry smilies for me! :pac:

My exam isn't worth all that much when it comes to my mark for the module so I can sort of afford to be lazy. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself... :o

Mollikins wrote: »
    Good effort but I don't think you have enough angry smilies for me! :pac:

My exam isn't worth all that much when it comes to my mark for the module so I can sort of afford to be lazy. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself... :o

Imagine how you'll feel when you get the results and know you could have done better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Almostnever, sorry your exam didn't go well. Best not to panic until you get the result, though.

Emily, you poor thing. Try not to think "I'm probably going to fail", but "I'll do my best and will hopefully pass".

Jane, that dress looks really nice.Be careful buying from people who use stock photos though.

Imagine how you'll feel when you get the results and know you could have done better

Oooh guilt trip. Yeah that's working much better than shouting. Going now.

Thanks bluewolf. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Good wishes for tomorrow Emily! I really hope it goes okay for you.
    Best of luck. xxx

Oh, Almostnever- I'm so sorry about your exam. :(
    I have my fingers crossed it went better than you think. I had an exam from hell during my finals. Was convinced I failed.. couldn't answer half the questions. I cried in the library afterwards- turns out I passed. I hope it's the same for you and you get a pleasant surprise. *hugs*

• Advertisement

Haha, that made me feel terrible and I don't even have exams!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Someone wasted a LOT of my time today.

I'm already feeling sick and I have a load of stuff to do.

I'm actually a level of furious that I've never been before.

Stupid bitch. :mad:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Oh good god, Womb is a strange little flick.

It was on the list of things I could watch while Mike was out (ie that he had no interest in)

Eh, yeah. *blinks*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

I'm the happiest girl in the world :)
    Still high on cloud 9 :D x

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Oh good god, Womb is a strange little flick.

It was on the list of things I could watch while Mike was out (ie that he had no interest in)

Eh, yeah. *blinks*

Read the IMDb page for that... Sounds, erm, interesting.. Might give it a watch sometime though.
    sarahbro wrote: »
    I'm the happiest girl in the world :)
    Still high on cloud 9 :D x

N'awwww Sarah... Congratulations again! :D x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

BUY ALL THE THINGS!
    *ahem* I really need to stop window shopping on Amazon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Sorry to hear about everyone stressing and worrying over exams! Really hope they go ok and we can have a big cake party afterwards :)

Pink-Red-and-White-Cupcake-Party.png

Good luck to you all! x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

McChubbin wrote: »
    BUY ALL THE THINGS!
    More like "PAY ALL THE BILLS" for me right now... rent + ESB bill + student loan... fun times :eek:

I just saw the next 14 day weather forecast. Now I know it's Ireland and things can change in five minutes, but seriously, 2 or 3 degrees day time temps in MAY!! I HATE cold, I HATE rain, one would think I was born on the wrong island altogether :(

This weekend really made me realise how much I love my bf and how much he loves me. :)

Oh bubblefett meant to say good on you for taking in the little doggy, if there were more people like you in the world, there wouldn't be half as many strays. Any chance of pics? :o:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

I don't want to go in tomorrow. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

Today has been great!

Ok so **** day in work BUT, I had a great class, lovely morning, got a suprise lift from a lovely guy in my class and now catching up with an old travel buddy. Happy out! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

I would greatly appreciate it if I could implant a device in my brain and miraculously know everything I'm required to know for my exams.

It would also please me if everything not exam-related would stop being so interesting.

In fact, if I could be guaranteed that everything I studied would, indeed, sink in then I'd be pretty grateful.

I posted some before and after pics elsewhere.

Linky for you folks as I'm not posting it in know your loungers because of the high traffic and the shy husband :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78434249&postcount=9043

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    This weekend really made me realise how much I love my bf and how much he loves me. :)

Oh bubblefett meant to say good on you for taking in the little doggy, if there were more people like you in the world, there wouldn't be half as many strays. Any chance of pics? :o:D

Ah Jane I'm really glad you'd a good weekend :)

I'm a sucker for the puppy eyes :o Just glad we're in a position to give this little woof a chance at a better life. And realy glad we found the other girls family, its great to see someone out looking for their pet, sadly it doesn't happen enough.
    I'll get a photo of him tomorrow, he's a gorgous little yoke- like a cross between a yorkshire terrier and a daushund!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Nick Grimshaws show on the bbc radio 1 player is the only thing getting me through the final weeks of my degree, I don't hate the music, I don't like it so much it distracts me really calms me and helps me get into the work zone but..

today they do this thing called call or delete, and it made me burst out laughing. I notice myself really smiling at the fm104 breakfast show windups...I know it sounds stupid but since Christmas I've had a really difficult time in my personal life and with college and while sitting on the bus depressed one day I found myself laughing at one of those radio things and it really made a difference as that call or delete did today.

Linky for you folks as I'm not posting it in know your loungers because of the high traffic and the shy husband :)

Das Kitty you look amazing, fair play to you! :) x
    bubblefett wrote: »
    Ah Jane I'm really glad you'd a good weekend :)

I'm a sucker for the puppy eyes :o Just glad we're in a position to give this little woof a chance at a better life. And realy glad we found the other girls family, its great to see someone out looking for their pet, sadly it doesn't happen enough.
    I'll get a photo of him tomorrow, he's a gorgous little yoke- like a cross between a yorkshire terrier and a daushund!

I had a great weekend yeah. Really glad I went to the party, I was really apprehensive about going tbh.

Fair play to you, if I was in a position to do the same I'd be bringing dogs home left, right and centre. Last time I was in the vets I was nearly bringing home a ginger kitten because he was just too cute.. Thankfully the nursing assistant brought him home. He's now called Paddy and he's a year old. :D Just looked up what one of those would look like and "awww"ed out loud! :o

Anyone know where I could get a pair of cheap black sandals and some sort of black shawl/scarf before Saturday? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Das kitty you are a babe altogether :) Fair play with the weight loss :)

Your hubbie look great too, you are a v handsome couple.

Das, you look great before and after! Well done.

After finding lost mp3 player under my bed and it's not working. Woohoo. :(

Edit: Say nothing, it's decided to start working again... :D

My god Das, you fox!! ;)

Jane, black sandles should be easy enough to pick up this time of year but for saving moneys sake I'd say hit the ol favourites- pennys and dunnes etc.

bubblefett wrote: »
    My god Das, you fox!! ;)

Jane, black sandles should be easy enough to pick up this time of year but for saving moneys sake I'd say hit the ol favourites- pennys and dunnes etc.

Yeah I was in Penneys the other day but can't remember if there were any there.. :rolleyes: They don't have to be high, just ones that'll do the job if you know what I mean. I'll hit Penneys and Dunnes in the next couple of days, will have to see when suits Mam to bring me. Might see what Shoe Zone has as well, they're cheap too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Congratulations Das Kitty, well done, you must be delighted with yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Congraulations Das, you look fab.

Any tips? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Woman, you ride!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭branbee

Any ladies on here want to shower me with pity due to the fact that the love of my life dumped me last month and is now living the single life and perfectly happy while Im heartbroken?! :-(

btw das- WOW!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Aw, sorry to hear that, Branbee. *Hugs* xxx

Congraulations Das, you look fab.

Any tips? :D

Love yourself and be kind to yourself.
    branbee wrote: »
    Any ladies on here want to shower me with pity due to the fact that the love of my life dumped me last month and is now living the single life and perfectly happy while Im heartbroken?! :-(

That sucks, we all have different rates of recovery. Hopefully you'll get there soon. x

Ah late night bordom. Decided to make a coverphoto for the silly facebook timeline.
    Considering the last two days this seemed appropriate (featuring my little woof- it's been nearly a year since I found him)

538905_10150971268304918_639164917_13065260_1584930881_n.jpg

My god I feel like I've talked about nothing but dogs for the last few days, sorry lads! ...so cake??

Thank you!
    Isn't it a testament to this thread that a newbie can count on the ladies in it to give her sympathy when they don't even know her! :-)

• Advertisement

Thank you!
    Isn't it a testament to this thread that a newbie can count on the ladies in it to give her sympathy when they don't even know her! :-)

Sorry to hear what happened branbee, loads of hugs and cake for you!! xxx
    You'll easily find yourself addicted to this thread, the ladies are all so lovely and it's kinda like a little family- welcome! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Home from London tomorrow. Think I've spent all my money. Oops. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

btw das- WOW!

I'm currently listening to this on youtube. It is a SIGN that he was a silly git ;)

SarahBeep! wrote: »

btw das- WOW!

I'm currently listening to this on youtube. It is a SIGN that he was a silly git ;)

]

Great minds! Have had it blaring in my ears quite frequently lately!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

That song is definitely one of the things thats gotten me through most in the last year!

I'm a very confused lilmissprincess about a lot of things at the moment. But named my soon-to-be-bestseller today (so I may have to write it first but you lot are in the acknowledgementa!)...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement