Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dashboard_hula

Broke up with my boyfriend 2 weeks ago, so I'm living in a friends house until I can move into my new place next week. My stuff is between 3 places, my exams are next week, I can't settle down and study because I'm in a strange place and while my friends are amazing this isn't my house and all I want is my own space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Sometimes I wish I didn't have a family.
    They can be asses, I don't have very much incommon with most of them and sometimes they just try to piss me off. I would like to have a family who I can get along with but that's not going to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Broke up with my boyfriend 2 weeks ago, so I'm living in a friends house until I can move into my new place next week. My stuff is between 3 places, my exams are next week, I can't settle down and study because I'm in a strange place and while my friends are amazing this isn't my house and all I want is my own space.

Sorry to hear about your break up DBH. Things might seem a very unsettled, but try try try to get focused on your exams. The new place will happen soon, and you'll be able to start your new life :)

Just copped Whoopsie has her name in bold, makes her name look even lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnger :D

No better woman for the job :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭branbee

Aw i feel for you!
    Sucks when you don't have a place that feels like home, in a similar position myself, although no exams, chin up and carry on, you'll be proud you did. Hope the new place works out for you. x

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

I love it when my mum feeds my chocolate addiction :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I'm walking around the living room with pages of notes on proprietary estoppel and constructive trusts in my hands reading them out loud in various accents (British, Jamaican, French and something that sounds Jamaican even though it's supposed to be Russian) because they're too boring to sit and read in my head. I've just realised how ridiculous the whole situation is! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Oh lads I'm frozen :(

The first exam today was pretty horrific, I knew I wouldn't know enough to write very much on it but everyone else felt the paper was tough too. So I guess it's not too bad. The second one was grand thankfully, hopefully I did enough for it!

Hope you enjoyed London Links! And I hope everyone's exams are going okay!
    Oh, and thank you to everyone who's wished us stress-heads well over the last while :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Just made a yummy (I think healthy) dinner. Vegetable Pilau rice, red pepper, red onion, mushroom, chicken, sweetcorn and salami and some wholegrain rice too to beef it up.

Also enough left over for lunch tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

I just coughed while drinking from a full cup of tea, causing its really rather hot contents to spill everywhere.
    Now, obviously I'm not going to exaggerate, but that was an unparalleled horror and I now understand the pain of childbirth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I just had small scale panic attack. I looked at all the red flags in my email and just realized that there is no way that I can get it all done in the timeline that people are expecting :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

My iron is perfect yay. Now bring on the bloodsucker :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Kiera wrote: »

ive always wanted to give blood but i cant because im severely anemic

tis my own fault....i keep forgetting to take the tablets

i love my duvet!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Cup'a Barry's tea (the best tea in the whole wide WORLD <3), some oreos and catching up on ranting and raving, and then I'm hitting the hay. Ahhhh, nice pre-exam evening :)

'night everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

It's bad when you cry during the intro to One Born Every Minute...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Woo hoo! :D

• Advertisement

EmilyO's post reminded me of something.....did Neyite have her baby yet??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

EmilyO's post reminded me of something.....did Neyite have her baby yet??

Not yet:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Ha! I thought you meant the heated clothes flattening device! What an odd thing to be happy about :P

My iron is perfect yay.

I thought you meant the household appliance.

I thought I'd finally found another, like me, who enjoys ironing.

I feel so alone again....

tomissex wrote: »
    What an odd thing to be happy about :P

I'm That's not odd! It's differently normal. :P

• Advertisement

Albection wrote: »
    My iron is perfect yay.

I thought you meant the household appliance.

I thought I'd finally found another, like me, who enjoys ironing.

I feel so alone again....
    **** no, I hate ironing. I can set you up with my mam tho. She'd iron me if I stood still long enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Yum, just had a big vegetable korma for dinner :D Now I know the elastics on my braces are gonna be yellow. Lovely.

Spent 8 hours in college today doing work. Good progress! Still have loads to do though :( Can't wait to be finished.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I'm cold, wet and on a bus.It's times like this I think the gobus should have a tea lady!

**** no, I hate ironing. I can set you up with my mam tho. She'd iron me if I stood still long enough.

Together we can change you!

Think of the quality time, all three of us, laughing and joking, ironing in picturesque locations, like next to a river or in a meadow.

And then when night arrives and we can't really see the iron properly anymore so we have to stop for fear of burning ourselves, we can all settle down beside a campfire and tell stories about complicated things that we had to iron.

Join us Kiera, join us!

I've scared everyone out of the internet, haven't I? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I missed you while you were gone :)

I liked you more when you gave me ice cream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

The stress of trying to find a dress for my 21st! I can't seem to find anything pretty and affordable anywhere! :-(
    I bet if you weren't looking for one specifically you'd find loads. Always the way tbh.
    Mars Bar wrote: »
    Just made a yummy (I think healthy) dinner. Vegetable Pilau rice, red pepper, red onion, mushroom, chicken, sweetcorn and salami and some wholegrain rice too to beef it up.

Also enough left over for lunch tomorrow!
    Recipe please?

Having some comfort food now, waffes, rashers and eggs. Nom.

Spent ages in tears earlier because of my granny, you'd think I was incompetent the way she carries on sometimes.

And I'm done. That was the quickest yet :)

Daisies wrote: »
    I'm cold, wet and on a bus.It's times like this I think the gobus should have a tea lady!

That's the best idea I've read on the internet!

• Advertisement

does anyone else feel like an absolute pervert when looking at lingerie to buy online surrounded by your housemates or is it just me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Really enjoying the program on Tv3 about William and Kate. :)

And I'm done. That was the quickest yet :)

/giggle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

does anyone else feel like an absolute pervert when looking at lingerie to buy online surrounded by your housemates or is it just me?

Just you! :p

Recipe please?

Chicken fillet in the oven for a half an hour wrapped in tin foil at gas mark 5.

Meanwhile chop up the peppers, onions, mushrooms and salami.
    Throw the mushrooms into the saucepan and cook them until they are almost brown. Then throw in all of the other stuff and some soy sauce for flavour.
    Then take the chicken out of the oven, chop it up and throw it into the saucepan too.

How you do the rice is up to you. I have the express rice that takes two minutes in the microwave.

Pour it all into a dish and away you go. (Or do what I do and halve it coz rice is filling. It's my lunch for tomorrow.) Oh and cucumber is also nice in it. I add it in for some extra colour!

Takes about a half an hour to make.

Also, milk is really nice to wash it all down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

New icecream place on Shop St is AMAZING...however they did have one icecream flavour called "Cookies & Spoon"? :confused:

I liked you more when you gave me ice cream.

ice-cream-mountain.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I fell asleep on the floor with a teddy as a pillow. Woke up by being tickled painfully with sharp little fingers.

Yeow.

*cracks neck*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Why can't all pillows be teddies?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Acoshla wrote: »
    New icecream place on Shop St is AMAZING...however they did have one icecream flavour called "Cookies & Spoon"? :confused:
    That it is.Hmmm might have some tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Just started my first bootcamp session today, in the rain and mud! It was really tough I have to say, but I feel so good now! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

coco_lola wrote: »
    Just started my first bootcamp session today, in the rain and mud! It was really tough I have to say, but I feel so good now! :D

Oh my, well done you. And there was I pi*s proud of myself for joining a gym today! Will have to up my game!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Back from kickboxing. It gets harder each week, came very close to fainting went really dizzy and had to go out for air and thank goodness it was raining. Cooled me down somewhat..

Got into contact backing with 3 fellas, one didn't hold back the punches thought I would be black n blue coming home but no I'm all good. I love kickboxing :D

Back from kickboxing. It gets harder each week, came very close to fainting went really dizzy and had to go out for air and thank goodness it was raining. Cooled me down somewhat..

Got into contact backing with 3 fellas, one didn't hold back the punches thought I would be black n blue coming home but no I'm all good. I love kickboxing :D

Thats actually something I would love to try when I get a bit (read, a lot! ) fitter, did one boxercise class and nearly died but someday! Just out of interest Do you find there are many females going to the classes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

careymary wrote: »

Thats actually something I would love to try when I get a bit (read, a lot! ) fitter, did one boxercise class and nearly died but someday! Just out of interest Do you find there are many females going to the classes?

I was the only female there tonight, there was 12 fellas... There is another woman who does it and is a yellow belt She is a big woman at least a size 16 and aged over 30 but under 40.

I read a lot too, got insurgent this morning and finished it before I went kickboxing, my 2 hobbies :D.

I will continue to do the kickboxing I love it. It's hard but it's fun, the punches hurt a little but it should toughen up my tummy. I'm not dead yet so all good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Careymary - I did martial arts for 12 years (kenpo and taekwondo), and there were always a good few women at the classes. Give it a go, you just might like it :)

I get the feeling that today would have horribly disappointed a certain Mr Coulton here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Ok, I'm back at home.

This isn't joking, this is actually the view from our hotel room in Camden Town:

b2piW.jpg
    CowzG.jpg
    eQxpp.jpg
    GiK3l.jpg

Best view EVER. :D

Careymary - I did martial arts for 12 years (kenpo and taekwondo), and there were always a good few women at the classes. Give it a go, you just might like it :)

Thanks I will def give it a go after a bit, its always been something I have had an interest in doing / trying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

careymary wrote: »
    Oh my, well done you. And there was I pi*s proud of myself for joining a gym today! Will have to up my game!!!

Well done on joining the gym! It is a hard hurdle to get over, I've been there!

I was a member of a gym for 6 months, and I think I went about 5 times :eek: This suits me better because I have no motivation, I need someone to shout at me constantly and prod me in the back, and no one stares at you, they are too focused on doing their own thing! I loved it, but I know I won't tomorrow :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Orla K wrote: »
    Well at least you know you have a problem that's the first step to getting help!:pac:

But seriously I don't mind talking grammar but when someone is completely derailing a thread and annoying a newbie then I get annoyed with the stupidity of it all.

Bit late on this I know, but I just can't read threads when bad spelling/grammar is used all over the shop. I get too frustrated by it and end up either ignoring their point or slightly hating the person. So I just head to R&R instead.:D

Also, exams. :(:(:( I want them to be over and I'm only 1/4 of the way in. But my excellent mammy sent me a chocolate parcel today to get me through it. \o/

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement