Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

this is absolutely genius... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

I would love to do an exercise class tonight, however, I am makeup artist at a ladies night in aid of Brainwave. So, I can't be too hard on myself! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Polloloca wrote: »
    I am makeup artist at a ladies night in aid of Brainwave
    That sounds like fun :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

That sounds like fun :D
    As long as I stay away from the free cocktails! :D

I've got all the ingredients for my vegitarian curry, as well as a chicken breast joint for sunday roast, making my girlfriend all nice things over the weekend :) she really needs a nice pick me up now more than ever. I hate when she's upset or when people hurt her, she doesn't deserve it, and it pains me to see her hurt. :( I really want her to have a stress free weekend, and I'll do everything I can for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Links you so good to her!

honestly, yer making me feel bad that i don't do enough for my man.. he is in another country though so i won't be too hard on myself.

bored.com here at home. feck all to do today and got all my housework done atm. was suppose to go clean up the house i was moving into but nada transport!! garrrrr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm so smooth, yay! :) Off to do some bikini shopping. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Last day of study today, and I haven't much left to do today as it is :):):)

*dances around a little bit*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

*mentally wills it to be hometime*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭branbee

My ex re homed our dog today, couldn't get the courage to say goodbye to her beforehand so shes now with her new family and il never see her again :-(
    Wishing i said goodbye now.

• Advertisement

tatabubbly wrote: »
    Links you so good to her!

she's good to me too :)

like the other night when I was absolutely shattered, and she went out for chips, and she brought me back reese's peanut butter cups. it was just a teeny tiny little thing, but it just showed me how well she knew me and what I liked, and it's just a little moment that I really cherished. there's loads of little moments like that, she's the most kind and caring person out there, so I'm happy to be good to her, she deserves it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Slipping into food coma in work. Totally worth it. Roll on five thirty.....

Also got our new comfy class hoodies today..... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Right now I should be on a plane to Calcutta, but wouldn't you know a tropical storm has rolled in and my flight has been cancelled. Luckily I get a full refund, I haven't paid for a hotel up front and my cricket ticket can be sold outside the stadium... but still, there goes my weekend! Thinking instead I will go to an ayurvedic spa tomorrow and get a full body massage and some sort of weird Indian pampering. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Submitted my last 3 assignment for the semester today! Reading week next week and then exams!! Eeeep!

Happy because I got a really lovely reference from one of my lecturer today for the interview next week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Day. From. Hell. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Interview is over - it went really well! They seemed very happy with the answers I gave in my technical test, and pleased that I obviously took so much time with it and gave it so much thought. No stinkers of questions except for this one: "In sampling, what is the difference between accuracy and precision?" I had to laugh and say I have no idea, but I'll give a good guess... they took it in good humour so all is well.

Yay! well done.
    I reckon that sort of response is perfectly fine. "I don't know but I know how to find out" is the sort of person I would want to work with.

Oh, and in case anybody's wondering, accuracy is how well you can measure something while precision is how many decimal places you give the answer in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Lim04

I am Hungry yam yam:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Acoshla wrote: »
    Day. From. Hell. :(

Sending happy thoughts that it improved QUICKLY!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Got my eyebrows threaded today. I cried tears of a rapper.

The lady doing the threading was like "is this your first time?" and I started giggling because it sounded sexual. I am such a child!

I blame this thread. And her thread. Badum tish!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Penney's in Galway now has a big Catrice and Essence make up stand. This makes me:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Beers and crisps are in, let the weekend begin :)

Never mind is it 6pm/Saturday yet, is it September yet? I should hopefully have a holiday then. God I suck so bad at this work lark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Just had an epic day of being lazy. I'm still in my pjammas. I love this whole post-finals wind down! Heading to a class get together later to relive last nights celebrations. Right now life is good :)

Kiera wrote: »
    Beers and crisps are in, let the weekend begin :)
    Spoke too soon :(

My bro inlaw in on the beer so my sister is coming to stay the night and can't drink cause she's in work tomorrow.

Feck it, she'll have to put up with me drunk instead of him. She'll wish she didn't leave him by 10pm tonight :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Links234 wrote: »
    she's good to me too :)

like the other night when I was absolutely shattered, and she went out for chips, and she brought me back reese's peanut butter cups. it was just a teeny tiny little thing, but it just showed me how well she knew me and what I liked, and it's just a little moment that I really cherished. there's loads of little moments like that, she's the most kind and caring person out there, so I'm happy to be good to her, she deserves it.

Aaahhh thats so sweet! It's cheered me up anyhoo hearing that somebody is getting romanced!

So I managed to DIY fix a drawer today in my house and cleaned out Boyfriends clothes for him.. Productive enough???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

New irritating habit of mine: whenever I stretch I make this weird nyahhh sound and contort myself into this weird sort of spasm-esque thing.

I think I look a bit mental. :o

The stupidest thing just made me happy.

I have a sample of fabric here, and I needed to make a bit of icing close in colour to it. I made the exact colour in about 2 minutes, yay me! I love having a good eye for colour, I can look at something like that and know exactly which colour I need more/less of to get the shade. God bless my PLC course Art teacher, she helped me master things like that.

Albection wrote: »
    New irritating habit of mine: whenever I stretch I make this weird nyahhh sound and contort myself into this weird sort of spasm-esque thing.

I think I look a bit mental. :o
    So now you have the look to match your mental ironing story :p

so tired. need to do some vacuuming and tidy up and pack and then drive home...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Great news!!!!!!!

It seems it is an arachnoid cyst which is benign and of all the cysts you want to get in the head, this is the one you'd choose.....:D

He's gonna stay in until hopefully an MRI is sorted early next week... Phew.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

branbee wrote: »
    My ex re homed our dog today, couldn't get the courage to say goodbye to her beforehand so shes now with her new family and il never see her again :-(
    Wishing i said goodbye now.

Oh god hope you're okay, it must be so hard. At least she'll have new exciting places to explore and play now and I'm sure she'll be showered with loads of attention and love xx

If we combine the two we can call it vocally subnormal extreme contortionised decreasification!

People will pay money to see that.... We're going to be rich, rich I tells ya! :cool:

Great news!!!!!!!

It seems it is an arachnoid cyst which is benign and of all the cysts you want to get in the head, this is the one you'd choose.....:D

Yay! \o/ :D \o/ :D \o/ :D \o/ :D \o/ :D \o/ :D \o/ :D \o/ :D \o/ :D \o/ :D

Great news!!!!!!!

Oh Yay KittyeeTrix, delighted for you both :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Great news!!!!!!!

Best news I've heard all day! I'm so glad for the two of you xx

Albection wrote: »

If we combine the two we can call it vocally subnormal extreme contortionised decreasification!

People will pay money to see that.... We're going to be rich, rich I tells ya! :cool:
    Did you miss the part where I said I hate ironing?

YAY kitty, that's excellent news. Crack open a drink for yourself :)

Great news!!!!!!!

That's fantastic news Kitty! really glad to hear it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Did you miss the part where I said I hate ironing?

YAY kitty, that's excellent news. Crack open a drink for yourself :)

I have a tonne of study to do Kiera but feck it.... I'm taking the night off and having a few glasses of wine!!!:D

BIG THANKS to all of ye here who kept me calm..... Really mean it girls (and guys), it meant a lot to me xxxxx

That's brilliant news Kitty, ye must be so relieved!

It's fiiiiiinally starting to look like summer outside :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Freaking delighted for you and your hubby Kitty, enjoy your wine chick, you deserve several bottles, nevermind glasses;):D
    You must be floating on air right now:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

That's brilliant news KittyeeTrix, stuff like that really puts exams into perspective so enjoy your wine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Best news ever kittyeetrix, delighted for you both...

Can uncross my fingers and toes :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I'll sort those payments out for you tomorrow does NOT mean the same thing as I'll forward you your payslips tomorrow and transfer over the money next week!!! Broke for the long weekend :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Awww, man. MCA from the Beastie Boys died :(

holy moly i just learned how to trill my Rs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

jujibee wrote: »
    Awww, man. MCA from the Beastie Boys died :(

time to blast Licensed To Ill all weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Great news Kittyeetrixx!!!

I am now finished for the summer! YAY! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

My little brother just said that my daughter makes his life so much happier :) n'aaaawwww :)

Kitty am delighted that's it's good news for you. Enjoy the celebrations and night off :)

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    holy moly i just learned how to trill my Rs

I wanna do that!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement