Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Seriously, don't feel bad. You've a huge amount of stress at the moment. Steak and bj night on Friday, he'll be grrrraaaaaannnnnddd;)

Haha.............He'd only love that but I'm out on the town with 43 other mad-for-the-drink-final-year-students so may have to postpone till Saturday!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Polloloca, don't feel like a bitch, tis all ok.

*hugs for all*

If anyone has a microscopic sledgehammer to knock down my mental block wall down between me and Old Irish, please let me know. Payment TBD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

krudler wrote: »
    its my housemates birthday, he's gone to his parents to visit, and he's bringing back....CAAAAKE!!!!

by gar its been a while since I had decent cake.
    I will require photographic evidence and a slice.

Many thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Seriously, don't feel bad. You've a huge amount of stress at the moment. Steak and bj night on Friday, he'll be grrrraaaaaannnnnddd;)

*sniff* its a hard night of the year for us single lads to get through alone.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Thanks Lucyfur............

I was beyond a bitch tho'....

Honestly, I'd have punched me if someone had acted like that with me!!!:eek:

He is a softie though and thank god cos I've been known for my hot temper since I was a kid.

He knows my bark is worse than my bite.........usually:p

They usually know in this house when I'm about to go and they all back off a bit to let me "get over it" so to speak!! but the exam stress just caused me to go off!!!

It was probably you acting on your delayed shock. I don't think it hit you really at all, you were so calm.

He knows you love him.

x

• Advertisement

Yeah, unless you get a couple of ribs removed... :pac:

bluewolf wrote: »
    No singing results :(

am signed up for big scary concert :eek:
    May I attend please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I know someone who thinks it should be twice weekly:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I bet it is! :pac:

Polloloca, don't feel like a bitch, tis all ok.

*hugs for all*

If anyone has a microscopic sledgehammer to knock down my mental block wall down between me and Old Irish, please let me know. Payment TBD.

Never mind her lads,,,,,,,,,,:D:p

I'll pay double what she offers if ye can write me up a quick page on biogas enhanced enzyme studies!!!!:( I've been trying for the past 3 bloody hours!!

• Advertisement

I'll pay double what she offers if ye can write me up a quick page on biogas enhanced enzyme studies!!!!:( I've been trying for the past 3 bloody hours!!
    If they would appreciate elaborate prose with villagers I may be able to oblige.

Pleased to hear about your husband, by the way. :)

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Acoshla wrote: »
    I bet it is! :pac:

Hiyo!

awec wrote: »
    And so it begins again... :pac:

I know, its crazy..........step away for a few days and the place has turned into a place of ill-repute!!!:D

May I attend please?

Sure it's in june :pac: it's for any music students who want to practice for public performances i guess
    i havent been to one before so i donr know what theyre like

I know someone who thinks it should be twice weekly:rolleyes:

now thats my kind of man.

no wait, that came out wrong...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Decided to treat myself and the folks to a meal in TGI Fridays Swords. Hope the place isn't a kip. >_>;

Bahaha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

You can have him for one of the nights?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

You can have him for one of the nights?

Would ya look at that....sharing really IS caring. :P

• Advertisement

I really should have paid attention to the part on the bag of spinach that said it's unwashed, I've been using it straight out of the bag for months...just almost cooked dead worm into the boyfriend's omelette.... :eek:

Obama coming forward and backing gay marraige has made me smile. Watched a video earlier about this kinda thing that made me cry - its just so senseless that they don't have equal rights with regard to stuff like that!

I'm finding solace in that I know what SOME of my flashcards mean... more nouns than verbs, but still...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Obama coming forward and backing gay marraige has made me smile. Watched a video earlier about this kinda thing that made me cry - its just so senseless that they don't have equal rights with regard to stuff like that!

I'm finding solace in that I know what SOME of my flashcards mean... more nouns than verbs, but still...

Was that the video of Shane and his boyfriend Tom? God that is so sad. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

The lads have contracts with two local businesses as well that they're going to have to cancel - I don't even know how that's going to work out.

So so disappointed.

I wonder do they have to cease trading immediately? If they're going to appeal the order (have they had an order as yet?) they may be able to keep trading in the meantime. Could they modify the existing entrance so that it has a better sightline to the road? Add the side entrance and then apply for retention permission?

They could also just carry on in defiance of the order and see how long the process takes to get serious...

Mars Bar, yes it was - been spread around a lot of my friends facebooks..... it should come with a warning, do not watch unless you've got a heart of stone, are at home, with icecream and people who will not judge you for bawling - computer lab in college not suitable!!

i bet it did

I wholeheartedly support gay marriage, gay adoption and homosexual rights equality. North Carolina has just gone straight back to the 1950s. *shakes head* Glad to see Obama's not as close minded...

In other news, I'm listening to an old mix CD from 2004. God, I really liked Nine Inch Nails back in high school. *head bangs to Head Like A Hole*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Links234 wrote: »
    nah, dried fruit ain't that much healthier, it's often sweetened and can be pretty sugary. sweetened banana chips for example, nom but not the healthiest snack around. so don't feel bad about the chocolate ;)
    dried mango...tastiest thing in the world. But so sugary and expensive.:(
    I really should have paid attention to the part on the bag of spinach that said it's unwashed, I've been using it straight out of the bag for months...just almost cooked dead worm into the boyfriend's omelette.... :eek:

Ugh ugh, never again eating spinach! Guck.

Kittyeetrix you've been under a fierce amount of pressure, I'm sure your husband knows that you've just been worried sick about him and having exams on top of that would be too much for anyone!

2 weeks later, it's finally kicking in that i can do whatever i want with my evenings guilt free! :D

i think i will order notes for the next session soon though :rolleyes:

in the meantime, i might play some skyrim :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Bap bap bap.. Just realised I have nada money for a very expensive weekend!

Going to my boyfriends family events instead of himself as he's doing his finals the next two weeks and can't take the time off!

I had such a productive day, I bought a lovely colour of paint to go into my new bedroom. Now all I have to find is the perfect curtains. The rest of the place may be a kip but my room will be a boudair of loving ;)

Listening to the sexy voice of Bruno Mars and wishing my guy could come home soon!

Jane, take care of yourself first and others second. I know you love your boyfriend but you need to look out for number one so if he does have any problems you will be well and ready to face them head on xxxxxx

CAKE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

cdaly_ wrote: »
    I wonder do they have to cease trading immediately? If they're going to appeal the order (have they had an order as yet?) they may be able to keep trading in the meantime. Could they modify the existing entrance so that it has a better sightline to the road? Add the side entrance and then apply for retention permission?

They could also just carry on in defiance of the order and see how long the process takes to get serious...

The Closure Order will be out within the month. They're not going to appeal the Order, they don't have the time or the money. No, they proposed modifying the current entrance or a separate entrance and it just doesn't suit the Council.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Husband came home from the hospital yesterday. Was a harmless brain cyst after all (symptomatic so needs further investigation) so MRI booked for 2 weeks time..

AND WHAT DO YA DO THE DAY AFTER HE GETS HOME???:confused:

I snap and lose the temper like the bad-tempered, exam frazzled auld bitch I am:(:eek:

Exam tomorrow and Friday and my stress levels are thru the roof so I'm gonna have to be on extra nice duties for the next few weeks to make up for the humour I've been in!!!

We'll all sit down here on Saturday night and celebrate him being ok and you being finished.

Then ya can go ride him senseless to apologise.

Ride me sideways was another one!!
    its my housemates birthday, he's gone to his parents to visit, and he's bringing back....CAAAAKE!!!!

by gar its been a while since I had decent cake.

You do realise saying that in here is like being a Pioneer in a big dirty Biker Bar????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I have an essay to write but nooooo motivation. Not due till next Wednesday but I still kinda wanna get it over and done with.

Going to a gig with people in my class tomorrow. Yay! :D Haven't been out in so long. Can't wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Ride me sideways was another one!!

NOW I CANT STOP LAUGHING

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

It adds protein :pac: I always forget to wash it as sometimes I buy washed and other times I buy unwashed, I haven't died yet :D

I am like an anti-christ all day :(:( Why is it that no matter how much I do it's not enough, I am a total moany mary today!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Polloloca wrote: »
    Why do I feel like the worlds biggest bitch right now? :(

You just said what a lot of us were thinking (in a more eloquent fashion than I would have been able myself)
    Husband came home from the hospital yesterday. Was a harmless brain cyst after all (symptomatic so needs further investigation) so MRI booked for 2 weeks time..

AND WHAT DO YA DO THE DAY AFTER HE GETS HOME???:confused:

I snap and lose the temper like the bad-tempered, exam frazzled auld bitch I am:(:eek:

Exam tomorrow and Friday and my stress levels are thru the roof so I'm gonna have to be on extra nice duties for the next few weeks to make up for the humour I've been in!!!

Ah KT, it just shows that things are back to normal anyway :P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I think it's a testament to what a truly lovely person Jane is that whenever she mentions being upset by her bf, outrage ensues!
    We just want you to be happy because you deserve the best. :)

Ugh, my tonsils are so swollen now, I think an early night is in order. Stupid glands. :mad:

Posy, ICECREAM for you :) (Praline and Cream Haagen Daz is medicinal, and because its medicinal, its calorie free. Seriously).

My inhaler's down to it's last 40 puffs. Not good, seeing as how I only got it a month ago. :/ Been coughing like crazy for the last hour. No fun. On the plus side, got Shame to look forward to. Mmmmmmm. Micheal Fassbender.... *drool*

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Posy, ICECREAM for you :) (Praline and Cream Haagen Daz is medicinal, and because its medicinal, its calorie free. Seriously).
    As a child, I suffered from strep throat infections a LOT and got soooo much ice cream!
    I've been eating a tonne of ice cream the last few days- as you said, it IS medicinal. ;)

• Advertisement

I'm fecked.

Dunno what's up, only my arms and legs are like jelly.

My brain is ticking away fine though, so you know, small mercies!

About the spinach, as my mother said when I found a fly in my dinner "we serve extra meat!" :pac:

My burn on my hand appears have to cured my sore thumb knuckle, yay! :) I'm not going to question how implausible that is :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

About the spinach, as my mother said when I found a fly in my dinner "we serve extra meat!" :pac:

Oh sweet jesus... *gag*

I once found a crispy fried fly in a packet of crisps. After eating most of them, obviously. *shudder* (I consoled myself with the thought that at least it was cooked...)

Oh sweet jesus... *gag*

I once found a crispy fried fly in a packet of crisps. After eating most of them, obviously. *shudder* (I consoled myself with the thought that at least it was cooked...)

What's worse than finding a worm in your food?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Oh sweet jesus... *gag*

The spoiler tags exist for a reason people! uuuuggggggghhhhhh

HALF A WORM

bluewolf wrote: »
    HALF A WORM

Ding ding ding winner! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

For me, yep. Hate flies with a passion.

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    We'll all sit down here on Saturday night and celebrate him being ok and you being finished.

Then ya can go ride him senseless to apologise.

Sounds good sarahBeep.......

I'll have a few drinks ready!!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

For Jane

funny-pictures-kitten-hug.jpg

:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement