Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Oh oh oh pixie....put up the video of the sloths :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Had an absolute pisser of a day. I'm feeling more down than I have in a long, long time. Wouldn't it be lovely to just opt out of life for a few weeks and then come back and have everything be okay/less utterly hopeless? :( I just wish there was something practical I could do to make myself feel better but there isn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

AH that sucks Almostnever, pm's there if it's any help?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Avox wrote: »

:eek: surprised they could even use a camera! Absolute cheek of them!

I've seen them a couple of times, we'd be coming home from training about 11 to 11.30 every Sunday morning, and we'd see them on that exact stretch of road. Can't look at that stretch on TV without thinking about how much a second could have made a difference two weeks ago :(

Nutrition exam tomorrow and I'm buggared, beyond caring atm, feeling wrecked and I don't know why

School I'm working in won a national competition today, delighted for them, they came second last year when my brother was doing it, today he was up there with them as one of the advocates, delighted for the teachers involved and the work they have put in in the last two years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

OMG THEM SLOTHS ARE AMAZING!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

tatabubbly wrote: »
    OMG THEM SLOTHS ARE AMAZING!!

Aren't they soo freaking cute:D

My bf says we can't have one:mad:

Stoopid smelly boys are smelly:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Aren't they soo freaking cute:D

My bf says we can't have one:mad:

Stoopid smelly boys are smelly:mad:

Silly boys!

Do they not know we need cute furry balls in our life ;)

I love them hanging about.... they are so lazy..

That has truly made my day!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Acoshla wrote: »
    I really should have paid attention to the part on the bag of spinach that said it's unwashed, I've been using it straight out of the bag for months...just almost cooked dead worm into the boyfriend's omelette.... :eek:

I got a LIVE caterpillar in my bag of baby spinach about 2 weeks ago. Ella thought it was hilarious watching it crawl up my knife :(

I once got a dead spider in a pack of mcDonnells noodles.... not pleasant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Eeeewww they're not one bit cute!

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

My boyfriend just said "you might have a problem insurancing that...", such is the level of crap that he has had to deal with today it took him a good 5 minutes and me repeating to him what he had said before he realised it was wrong. And then even when he was saying "insuring", he kept saying "that just doesn't sound right" lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Got my appointment booked for Motivation on Monday. That's when I officially start. I weighed myself just now. I'm down from 141kg to 138kg so I must be doing something right after all! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

I fainted at exercise class tonight. Karma's a bitch, eh? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Apple crumble for lunch and dinner and ice cream for my evening snack.

I need to start eating properly again :/ I blame college!

• Advertisement

Lia_Lia, just seen your photo in the picture thread. You are stunning! Love the hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

OH MY GOD.

My first love was on desperate housewives tonight.

*sings quantum leap tune*

You still have it Sam Beckett, I still so would. God good times.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Tigger99 wrote: »
    OH MY GOD.

My first love was on desperate housewives tonight.

*sings quantum leap tune*

You still have it Sam Beckett, I still so would. God good times.

I cried so much at the last episode. I'm still upset actually.

Still, it couldn't convince me to watch desperate housewives though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I cried so much at the last episode. I'm still upset actually.

Still, it couldn't convince me to watch desperate housewives though!

Ah stop, it was heartbreaking. Leaping from life to life... and then, nothing.

I have a few series on dvds, must dig them out.

He was so kind, and handsome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

380657_10100260297229405_34400959_41982424_743558860_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

tatabubbly wrote: »
    Do they not know we need cute furry balls in our life ;)

<_<
    >_>

Giggity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Keep the faith Albection! Try keep a positive mental attitude about it! i know its easier said than done but you'd be surprised with how much it works!
    im stressing like crazy over these exams and its getting to the stage that im finding it impossible to actually try keep positive!

what is the subject for it??

also *hugs* :)

Thanks.

It's the combined medicine, surgery, therapeutics etc. etc. paper that I'm really struggling with. I can handle the psychiatry, obstetrics and paediatrics ones. I'm not in a good place for them, but I'll be ready when they come. But I can't see the other one working out. :/

Exams do strange things to us, don't they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Albection wrote: »
    Thanks.

It's the combined medicine, surgery, therapeutics etc. etc. paper that I'm really struggling with. I can handle the psychiatry, obstetrics and paediatrics ones. I'm not in a good place for them, but I'll be ready when they come. But I can't see the other one working out. :/

Exams do strange things to us, don't they?

well i would offer help but id be lost :pac:
    i havent slept in days haha oh well...

right so thats Michael Collins watched now for the Wind that Shakes the Barley
    God i love that i have film tomorrow....most enjoyment i will ever get from study :pac:

I love Michael Collins. So many great scenes. The minister for mayhem! <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Gone baby gone is such a good movie.

Dennis Lehane is a great writer.

Polloloca wrote: »
    I love Michael Collins. So many great scenes. The minister for mayhem! <3

as much as i love it...its FULL of historical inaccuracies that annoy me!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

316752_10150414660293465_129446698464_10238689_1590542703_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

as much as i love it...its FULL of historical inaccuracies that annoy me!

After I saw it I came home and said 'Dev is a b@stard'. My family being 100% Fianna Fail at the time, took out a history book and started showing me the errors. Ruined the film for me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Gah. Relative in the hospital. Again. She's in and out like a yo-yo. Hate seeing Dad so worried.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Tigger99 wrote: »
    Ah stop, it was heartbreaking. Leaping from life to life... and then, nothing.

I have a few series on dvds, must dig them out.

He was so kind, and handsome.

Yeah. *swoon*

I don't know if I said it on here but I met a Spanish guy last year who looked a lot like a younger Scott Bakula. Jesus he was hot, and he was a scientist. I was in heaven!

Isn't is just? I can't recommend it enough.

• Advertisement

On the subject of Michael Collins et al - meeting Judge Dev was actually pretty damn cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

the opening monologue is brilliant, Ben Affleck made two decent movies with Gone Baby Gone and The Town he'll probably be a better director than actor, although I like him in movies he just made some sh1tty career choices.

That scene where
    Casey Affleck's character finds the dead kid in the bathtub
    is horrible though I saw it in the cinema and a woman burst out crying and left after it.

After I saw it I came home and said 'Dev is a b@stard'. My family being 100% Fianna Fail at the time, took out a history book and started showing me the errors. Ruined the film for me :D

In fairness he was a bit of a prick to be honest!! Hated women being outside the kitchen more or less!!

Feeling so loved up tonight <3:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Blergh. Dodgy stomach and constant coughing woke me up. :(
    Hope I'm already for Friday. Got a date to prepare for!

I just finished watching The Lion King, wanted to watch something short, I'd forgotten how brilliant the music in it is, remember seeing it in the cinema for the first time and hearing this:

that bit at 45 secs in, fcuking goosebumps everytime I hear it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

The Lion King was the single most traumatic experience of my young life. I remember watching it at school and sobbing hysterically after the stampede when Simba comes out going "Dad...Dad, where are you?"

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    The Lion King was the single most traumatic experience of my young life. I remember watching it at school and sobbing hysterically after the stampede when Simba comes out going "Dad...Dad, where are you?"

I didn't get any further than the first ten minutes and i have never seen the end to bambi. Even thinking about that bambi movie breaks my heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Craving American pancakes and bacon with maple syrup for the past few days! I'm going to get ingredients tomorrow and make them!

Watching Sun, Sex and Suspicious Parents on BBC3 and it makes me want to go on holiday! Can't wait till July now hurry on holiday!

• Advertisement

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »

tis one of the epic Disney deaths alright, Scar is such a brilliant villain in it though. I saw The Hunchback Of Notre Dame with one of my cousins and she hated it when they were pelting him with food, its such a dark movie in places as well, she wont watch it since. considering one of the songs is about the villain wanting to ride Esmerelda its amazing Disney made it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Lion King may be a good call, however I dare suggest "The Land Before Time" with the mother.
    Ahh now...(weepin' over here just thinking about it!)
    :pac:

Panthro wrote: »
    Lion King may be a good call, however I dare suggest "The Land Before Time" with the mother.

The Land Before Time, ahh what a movie, along with The Secret Of Nimh and An American Tail, loved all those Don Bluth films as a kid. I only showed my nephew The Land Before Time recently, he loved it, the animation is a bit iffy in places these days but the music is still brilliant, I hadn't seen it in about 15 years and to hear this, ahhh, nostalgia blast to the face

boardsies with kids, show them these movies. \:D/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

krudler wrote: »
    The Land Before Time, ahh what a movie, along with The Secret Of Nimh and An American Tail, loved all those Don Bluth films as a kid. I only showed my nephew The Land Before Time recently, he loved it, the animation is a bit iffy in places these days but the music is still brilliant, I hadn't seen it in about 15 years and to hear this, ahhh, nostalgia blast to the face

boardsies with kids, show them these movies. \:D/

What is even sadder about Land Before Time is what happened to the little girl who did the voice for Ducky. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judith_Barsi - Only read it if you want to be depressed :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Goin to bed drunk in the clothes you wore on a night out... I feell like a student again!!!! Huzzahh!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Went to bed at two. Set 12 alarms between five and seven. And woke up at 7.10, having slept through all of them.

I now feel sick and unready. :(

• Advertisement

Polloloca wrote: »
    I didn't get any further than the first ten minutes and i have never seen the end to bambi. Even thinking about that bambi movie breaks my heart.

wha? bambi was sad at the start and then it's all happy

I love that movie. Bought the OH a boxset of them a couple of years ago for christmas. Our little girl loves them now :) So sad to hear about that actress though, so many kinds of messed up!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

My Nan had that on video and we watched it at least once a month.Got me everytime.Wasn't it on over Xmas?

Would LOVE that boxset!

Daisies wrote: »
    My Nan had that on video and we watched it at least once a month.Got me everytime.Wasn't it on over Xmas?

Would LOVE that boxset!

13 movies, it's great :) Link to amazon here.

what do people do for dinner when holidaying alone? :confused:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement